Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Nice photoshoot,
Deanna should go back to using the 'Argentine Assassin' (like back when she actually won fights) not 'Sunny D' or whatever it is now (or just embrace her true form with 'Decision Deanna').

Funny thing is both the 'Argentine Assassin' and Reneau's 'Belizian Bruiser' came about earlier in their careers because of the 'Venezuelan Vixen' (Bennett because she was fighting her and needed her own nick... I don't remember how that craze spread to Reneau but somehow it did). We need to find fighters from Peru, Columbia, and Ecuador to match against Peña to further fill out the nickname picture here. And if anyone can come up with one for Uruguay they get a bonus 'like'...
<Kpop775>

I hope Holloway is fine and the weight issues weren't health related. Because it must be something SERIOUS to throw away this huge opportunity: Fighting a co-main against a UFC title challenger, in a card headlined by a former UFC champion in Machida.

So we've got about 6 high profile WMMA bouts this weekend, and I am grateful

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2020

[MUAY THAI/MMA] ONE Championship: A New Breed 2
Bangkok, Thailand
Main Card – BR Live (US) / YouTube – 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT
Supergirl Jaroonsak Muay vs. Milagros Lopez

[MMA] Bellator 245: Davis vs. Machida 2
Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
Main Card – Paramount Network / DAZN – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Cat Zingano vs. Gabrielle Holloway
Preliminary Card – YouTube / DAZN – 8:15pm ET / 5:15pm PT
Leslie Smith vs. Amanda Bell

[MMA] LFA 91: Njokuani vs. Torres
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Hailey Cowan vs. Kelly Clayton

[BAREKNUCKLE MMA] BKFC 12
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Main Card – iPPV (Bareknuckle.tv / BKFC App) – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Christine Ferea vs. Calie Cutler

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12

[KICKBOXING] Slam Arena 2020
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
Damaris vs. Lara

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill
Khama Worthy vs. Ottman Azaitar
Andrea Lee vs. Roxanne Modafferi
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 5:00pm ET / 2:00pm PT
Julia Avila vs. Sijara Eubanks
Sabina Mazo vs. Justine Kish

[MMA] Bellator 246: Archuleta vs. Mix Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
Main Card – Paramount Network / DAZN – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Liz Carmouche vs. DeAnna Bennett

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13

[MUAY THAI] NJKF 2020 3rd
Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – YouTube – 4:00am ET / 1:00am PT
SAHO vs. Mei Umeo
KAEDE vs. Willa Saklek

https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com

Nice photoshoot,
Deanna should go back to using the 'Argentine Assassin' (like back when she actually won fights) not 'Sunny D' or whatever it is now (or just embrace her true form with 'Decision Deanna').

Funny thing is both the 'Argentine Assassin' and Reneau's 'Belizian Bruiser' came about earlier in their careers because of the 'Venezuelan Vixen' (Bennett because she was fighting her and needed her own nick... I don't remember how that craze spread to Reneau but somehow it did). We need to find fighters from Peru, Columbia, and Ecuador to match against Peña to further fill out the nickname picture here. And if anyone can come up with one for Uruguay they get a bonus 'like'...
<Kpop775>
The Bae from Uruguay

I've always wondered who wouldve won between Gina Carano vs Ronda Rousey, what do guys think? I feel like Carano(sp) might've been able to take it.

Ronda would be heavily favoured to win. Gina had a good right hand but she wasn't particularly athletic nor did she have evasive footwork or anything close to Nunes' vicious punching power. She might get lucky and land a good punch on Ronda to open up an opportunity for a finish, but she most likely gets clinched, thrown, and armbarred.

didn't realise there were so many women's fights on this weekend's ufc card
in that case i might have to give the pbp thread a miss, ain't got time or energy for insecure men endlessly complaining about wmma these days... (or ever for that matter)

I've always wondered who wouldve won between Gina Carano vs Ronda Rousey, what do guys think? I feel like Carano(sp) might've been able to take it.
While I agree with @aerius the one thing I believe would have given Carano a chance would be a teep-heavy game plan. I remember watching one of her fights, against Kedzie, I believe, in which she blasted her all over the cage using the teep. That approach *might* have kept Rousey off of her long enough to gas out.

I have only vague memories of the Carano/Cyborg fight, but was her mounting Cyborg (and standing up for no reason whatsoever) cause of she was pretty f'n strong, or just happenstance? Cause if that was just strength, maybe she could have Holmed Ronda's Judo and stayed upright?

Sigh, you want good things to happen for her but she never does herself any favors. She has a chance to make it in the UFC off TUF and she pretty much wall and stalls the whole fight making them never want to touch her again. The same thing that got Pearl a quick cut from the UFC. Deanna gets another opportunity to fight for Bellator even though she is one of the most boring fighters in WMMA history and she misses weight by half a Dern.

<{cruzshake}>

Sigh, you want good things to happen for her but she never does herself any favors. She has a chance to make it in the UFC off TUF and she pretty much wall and stalls the whole fight making them never want to touch her again. The same thing that got Pearl a quick cut from the UFC. Deanna gets another opportunity to fight for Bellator even though she is one of the most boring fighters in WMMA history and she misses weight by half a Dern.

<{cruzshake}>

The amusing thing is the commission says she has to move to 135 for her next fight, which is obviously a division Bellator doesn't even have.

Ronda. Carano had little to no grappling. Rousey, for all her flaws, was a better athlete, had a good chin and truly excellent grappling. I am aware that some clowns refer to her as a one-trick pony but she used a variety of trips and throws and was able to quickly improvise in dynamic grappling situations.

I would really like to favor Gina, but, well, not a chance.

I have only vague memories of the Carano/Cyborg fight, but was her mounting Cyborg (and standing up for no reason whatsoever) cause of she was pretty f'n strong, or just happenstance? Cause if that was just strength, maybe she could have Holmed Ronda's Judo and stayed upright?

Just happenstance.

Back