Official Women's Division Discussion #27

There is nothing you can do for 145. It is just too bad in general. It is literally the worst real division in MMA and it is not even close to the next worst. I don't count 155 because it is just a fake division so Kayla don't have to cut weight. I actually think Bellator has done the best they can do for 145. They have a lot of faults but I don't think their handling of 145 is one of them. To put it simply there is no way anyone can turn 145 into a good division. Once you get past the top 3 to top5ish fighters things start to look like regional level talent levels.

My hope if that the UFC drops it and begins building 105. I am at the point where I don't think 105 is going to happen because the UFC took too long and now all the best girls are split in other organizations. Also because the lack of new WMMA stars the UFC is in no hurry to open another division.
Difference is, Bellator actually has fighters ranked. UFC's listing is embarrassingly blank. Sure, they can have fighters move up for one offs, but that doesn't make them featherweights, nor does it make it a viable division.
I feel like Bellator is winding down the division and gonna close it once Cyborg retires in a year or two. They let Janay Harding go from the looks of it (she was removed from the website and the rankings) and everyone else besides McCourt is in their late 30s.

I was reading today that Cyborg boxing match went all 8 rounds for a ud.
After all the outrage I read here for her 1st opponent choice and it wasn't even a beatdown.
<{vega}>
Says a lot that Cyborg couldn’t even finish someone who was still serving a 60 day suspension for getting KOd in her last fight.

Good for her, now maybe the ufc will push her more.
If there were odds of who be the first wmma in playboy I'd have never guessed her.
I could say more

If i would pick 10 girls that could be potentially be there, i would not pick her... Even after her boob job.

Not because of uglyness or something like that

Just because relevance, honestly

The last two years have been (for UFC Featherweight standards) quite active. Second fight at 145 for Josiane Nunes, I love it. Hopefully Fairn can make it to the cage this time.

Hilarious how active the division became once Megan Anderson left. Poor girl used to beg for fights

145 only exists in the UFC because there's a half dozen 135ers who are too lazy to make weight.

I was reading today that Cyborg boxing match went all 8 rounds for a ud.
After all the outrage I read here for her 1st opponent choice and it wasn't even a beatdown.
<{vega}>

Honestly... Yes, the fact that she went all rounds with a former strawweight coming off like 10 losses, says a lot about Cyborg's (very real) decline. She was much bigger than Silva, and still got caught multiple times. It's to be expected though, new sport for her and she's also pushing 40 with a lot of mileage in her body.

Hilarious how active the division became once Megan Anderson left. Poor girl used to beg for fights

Kind of unfair as she and Spencer were supposed to be the next staples at 145, but there was no talent to support that division. Speaking of Megan, I'm pretty sure she won't be fighting again, but I wish she could've continued her career at PFL or Bellator. Like her or not, she had a fan base and brought some name recognition to a division that seriously lacks names, and she's on the right side of 35. Cyborg, Blencowe, Budd, Smith, Fairn, Wolf... They're all 35+.

Last edited:
Back