Official Women's Division Discussion #27

great fights tonight!
- I should stop doubting Gillian by now, for she has truly become the Savage. her finishing instinct is fantastic and her wrestling strength looks incredible, esp at this weight class. I wish she had better head defense, all those elbows couldn't have been good for the brain... maybe a bull guard or learning how to take shots on the harder parts of the skull, like the top of the head

- Mariya, time to hit the road (and get those miles in too while you're at it) also that was a fucken late stoppage Marc :mad:

- Loma looks like a real MMA fighter now! cage wrestling skills, BJJ defense, plus she's definitely starting to pack on muscle and can hold her own against other strong sws. i hope she never loses her Muay Thai flair though!

- Denise Gomes continues to demonstrate how killer the strawweight division is - def one of the better contender series alums tonight

Gillian is never going to get a bonus, is she.
It's almost criminal at this point to have soo many slick ufc finishes and no POTN to show for it. Agapova almost died in there was scary how she didn't move after the break and was still biting her tongue.

Loma looks better and better, but I still don't know if she'll ever contend with the top 15.

Both fights were fun!

Super stoked about Robertson (I'm a fan) strangling Agapova (not a fan) into seizures, and yeah, skipping her on the bonus is bizarre. That was probably the most "did the opponent die?" level of choke this side of Maia vs. Story... anyway. Yay! :)

Suphisara Konlak vs. Denise Gomes went to places. They fit as much action into each round that most others put into full fights. Very entertaining stuff, with all the oddball moments in the mix.

sad-lad-19019748.png

43718965_304826916998737_7636954968832702462_n-9882073033.jpg

The simple thing would be to have her move up to 145. If they cut her I think that is all you need to know about the future of 145.

I think cause Dana didn't say anything, unless it's just waiting for someone to hand her the walking papers and not wanting to spoil the surprise, it's reading the riot act and "145 forever or fired" so he's waiting to hear the end result.

Im really sad about ladd
The girls seemed to be an unstoppable force at bw...

Then... She started the weight misses...
After that, she went to 145 and i thought: great, this division is saved...

But then... Fight iq...

In the end, all i can say is... Im really not sure what will happen with both (ladd and the 145 division) anymore...

I could say: match her with the twerking girl at 145! But i feel like even at that match, she would find a way to lose...

I think this is a good thing for Sara. This means she probably got her full win and show money and it counted as a fight. So she got paid without taking any damage or risking an injury heading into free agency. This is probably why she seemed happy with the UFC in her post.

Back