Official Women's Division Discussion #27

On a completely unrelated topic, Diana Avsaragova is now my favourite wrestler in WMMA. I was ummm...perving on her instagram doing some research the other day when I saw a few clips of her wrestling. She is actually good, she has a few go-to chains that she uses with surprisingly slick transitions along with pretty clean efficient technique. I haven't seen her wrestle in Bellator but further research turned up a video of Diana doing a slick go behind and suplexing her opponent. Hopefully she ends up in the UFC after her Bellator contract is done, her striking & footwork has been improving so once she gets her overall game tightened up I think she can do some real damage at 125.

Friday September 16, 2022

[MMA] Eternal MMA 69 Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 7:00am ET / 4:00am PT
Jamie Edenden vs. Gina Gee

MUAY THAI Rajadamnern World Series Thailand
Main Card – Facebook / YouTube – 9:15am ET / 6:15am PT

[MMA] UAE Warriors 32: Africa Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 10:00am ET / 7:00am PT
Nora Cornolle vs. Asmaa Abach

[MMA] LFA 142 Prior Lake, Minnesota, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Jaqueline Amorim vs. Ashley Nichols
Giovanna Canuto vs. Jamie Colleen

[MUAY THAI] Fairtex Fight Promotion: Road to ONE Thailand
Main Card – YouTube – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT

Saturday September 17

[MMA] Eternal MMA 70 Gold Coast, Australia
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
Robyn O’Neill vs. Alice Jackson

[MMA] UAE Warriors 33 Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 10:00am ET / 7:00am PT
Aysun Erge vs. Coline Biron

[MMA] We Love MMA 59 Frankfurt, Germany
Main Card – iPPV – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Dilara Kocak vs. Danielle Misteli

[MMA] High League 4: Natsu vs Lexy 2 Gliwice, Poland
Main Card – iPPV – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
Natalia Karczmarczyk vs. Lexy Chaplin

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Song Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Aspen Ladd vs. Sara McMann
Loma Lookboonmee vs. Denise Gomes
Mariya Agapova vs. Gillian Robertson

Monday September 19

[MMA] Shooto 2022 Vol.6 Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – ABEMA – 5:00am ET / 2:00am PT
Chihiro Sawada vs. Haruna Kato
Hisae Watanabe vs. Yuki Ono

https://grabakahitman.com

On a completely unrelated topic, Diana Avsaragova is now my favourite wrestler in WMMA. I was ummm...perving on her instagram doing some research the other day when I saw a few clips of her wrestling. She is actually good, she has a few go-to chains that she uses with surprisingly slick transitions along with pretty clean efficient technique. I haven't seen her wrestle in Bellator but further research turned up a video of Diana doing a slick go behind and suplexing her opponent. Hopefully she ends up in the UFC after her Bellator contract is done, her striking & footwork has been improving so once she gets her overall game tightened up I think she can do some real damage at 125.

I'm not so sure dude, she made really hard work of Kyra Batara who's like half her size.

I don’t know what’s going on with the Lux strawweight title. First Tania Torres beats Sarah Orozco to win the tournament and title, then goes completely MIA. Then Orozco beats Diana Reyes for the vacant title. Now we have two more ladies fighting for the interim title.

It will be good to see high level judo throws in mma again.

Last edited:

I don’t know what’s going on with the Lux strawweight title. First Tania Torres beats Sarah Orozco to win the tournament and title, then goes completely MIA. Then Orozco beats Diana Reyes for the vacant title. Now we have two more ladies fighting for the interim title.

It will be good to see high level judo throws in mma again.

I wonder if Tani is having a kid or something, that's usually the reason girls who aren't Tatiana Suarez go missing for ages.

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Song Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT

Aspen Ladd vs. Sara McMann. This could go either way depending on mental lapses from either of them. Ladd entered the UFC with a bright future. Physical and weight cutting difficulties have caused a decline in her last couple of fights where she looked hesitant. McMann is a veteran who has shown flashes of strength particularly in the clinch and wrestling. She's looked good of late and has said in interviews that she's feeling rejuvenated with her team all on the same page. On occasion she can get submitted by being so focused on one thing that she may forget a defensive technique. I'm rooting for Ladd to stay in the UFC. She's still relatively young. She entered the organization with confidence and a nice beast mode. A win here would show she's back. Ladd by ground & pound.

Loma Lookboonmee vs. Denise Gomes. I love Muay Thai fighters in the UFC. Unfortunately they can sometimes get a bit short changed in terms of height disadvantage. Loma had some cool performances with Invicta and other promotions. In this match up she's finally getting an opponent who isn't way taller. Gomes is only about an inch taller. So it's an opportunity for Loma to showcase her Muay Thai arsenal. Lookboonmee by decision.

Mariya Agapova vs. Gillian Robertson. This match will generate fun discussion in the play by play thread. Agapova has that showoff energy where some love or hate her. She pushes the pedal to the metal. Get your motor running. Head out on the highway. Looking for adventure. In whatever comes our way. Born to be wild. Gillian has demonstrated an aversion to getting punched in the face. She'll need to get Agapova down quickly or she'll get lit up. I like the soft spoken red haired grappling Canadian. I usually root for low key type fighters. Robertson seems about as cool and low key as they get. Rooting for her again this time. Robertson by submission.

My breakdowns tend toward an impressionistic outlook. I welcome and appreciate the technical breakdowns from more experienced observers here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back