Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Up-kick liver shot stoppage, never seen that before in MMA. Kudos to Aldana

Had to see the replay, because it didn't seem that bad at first. But I guess with the right placement, the body shuts down. Fun fight before that with a lot of scrambles, Aldana might want to work on her TD defense for the future though.

Up-kick liver shot stoppage, never seen that before in MMA. Kudos to Aldana

Had to see the replay, because it didn't seem that bad at first. But I guess with the right placement, the body shuts down. Fun fight before that with a lot of scrambles, Aldana might want to work on her TD defense for the future though.
Macy looked confident and very dominant in the grappling, it was great to watch (gave me plenty of heart attacks while hoping Irene would win!)
I hope she knows that she was winning that fight, until she didn't :confused: (ETA: I didn't forget about the 1st round tap but the fight kept going - Mayra take notes)
Irene gets it done! is she ready for the lioness? maybe. I'd like to see Irene against Peña just to make sure her wrestling is up to par - her BJJ defense is very good (as is Alexa's recently) but that second round depleted the gas tank severely.
incidentally who is Irene and Alexa's BJJ coach?? they're doing a fantastic job with those two :D

Last edited:
Macy looked confident and very dominant in the grappling, it was great to watch (gave me plenty of heart attacks while hoping Irene would win!)
I hope she knows that she was winning that fight, until she didn't :confused: (ETA: I didn't forget about the 1st round tap but the fight kept going - Mayra take notes)
Irene gets it done! is she ready for the lioness? maybe. I'd like to see Irene against Peña just to make sure her wrestling is up to par - her BJJ defense is very good (as is Alexa's recently) but that second round depleted the gas tank severely.
incidentally who is Irene and Alexa's BJJ coach?? they're doing a fantastic job with those two :D
Not sure about Aldana. I know Grasso does her grappling at Samurai Fight Club.

speaking of Alexa:

Getting that watch money now

pmm4oh4r66n91.jpg

Irene the bonus machine bringing home yet another +$50k for her husbando. Waow!
<Oku03>

...what do you mean, 'that money is for her cats?'
<Kpop01>

Alas, cruel fate that put a (literal) ocean between us
<{1-11}>
y u do this, spiteful god(s)

I wonder if that watch money is better than that pallet money.
<{1-8}>

(I'd rather see a photoshoot of Alexa with the pallets, tbh)

The pallet company must not pay much Grasso didn't even take a cute pic for them.

Fun night of fighting for the women.
Reed was impressive but fusterating to watch her no killer instinct.
Dumont also impressive how she out boxing the boxer.
Aldana and Macy both put of a great fight, with an unexpected finish always cool to see. Tuf loss for Macy but from the 2nd on we saw some vintage aggressiveness from her that she used to show vs a top contender here so I'mexcited for her next one.

I would be interested in seeing Dumont vs Aldana next see if dumont can bang with Aldana, winner can be the 145 shot.

The pallet company must not pay much Grasso didn't even take a cute pic for them.

Fun night of fighting for the women.
Reed was impressive but fusterating to watch her no killer instinct.
Dumont also impressive how she out boxing the boxer.
Aldana and Macy both put of a great fight, with an unexpected finish always cool to see. Tuf loss for Macy but from the 2nd on we saw some vintage aggressiveness from her that she used to show vs a top contender here so I'mexcited for her next one.

I would be interested in seeing Dumont vs Aldana next see if dumont can bang with Aldana, winner can be the 145 shot.

But Dumont lost to Macy

And then Macy lost to Aldana

Doesn’t make sense for Dumont to get a title eliminator

But Dumont lost to Macy

And then Macy lost to Aldana

Doesn’t make sense for Dumont to get a title eliminator
Aldana's not lookig to challenge at featherweight anyway. She's looking to challenge at bantam. At worst, they'll make her face Pena as an eliminator, but if smart, they just give her the title shot.

I was vaguely aware of Melly thanks to the folks in this forum but I'd never seen her fight before so I didn't know what to expect. Losing to Reed the way she did is not particularly promising, and I really didn't like her forward leaning stance. When she's active & moving she's OK, but when she resets and settles her feet she always goes into that Holm-like stance that messes up everything. Don't know if it's UFC debut jitters or just the way she is, I'll reserve judgment till I see more fights.

Wolf vs. Dumont went about as expected. Wolf is not a good boxer by any standard so her getting dropped in MMA was not surprising at all. Did better on the ground than I expected so there's that.

Aldana vs. Chiasson showed the importance of good fundamentals & training. Macy can't throw a good straight punch to save her life, when she manages to throw straight it's just arm punches that do nothing, anything with actual weight behind it is wide & sloppy. There were a bunch of times where she pretty much hit Aldana with the inside of her forearms while trying to punch her, it wasn't pretty. Irene had much cleaner boxing and consistently hit her with quick rights down the middle.

Macy looked significantly stronger on the ground but tried to rush & muscle things far too often instead of securing position & advancing. She had several chances to flatten out Aldana and either submit or pound her out, but she didn't. Fight would've been over in the 2nd if Macy had properly secured her position instead of scrambling & flailing around to land strikes and chase subs when there were no clear openings. Aldana took some damage but was never in serious trouble, she was able to stay composed and limit what Macy could do for the most part.

Overall, not a bad night of fights, and the weirdest, wildest event I've seen in a long time.

That Aldana vs. Chiasson fight was entertaining. Aldana is clearly the better striker. She fended of wrestling attacks by staying on the offensive during some wild scrambles. Going for submissions via arm bar and heel hook. What a dramatic finish. Earned Irena another POTN bonus. The announcers said it’s just the third time in ufc history that someone won by up kick KO and the first by liver shot. Afterward Aldana said the game plan was to remain relaxed and composed because they knew Chiasson would go in with a weight advantage.

Dumont outclassed Wolf in every aspect. Confident mma performance. She was never in any real trouble.

Reed used her longer reach to keep Martinez at bay for a safe decision.

Weighing in at 113.5 suggests that Martinez doesn't cut much weight, if any. Looks like a natural for my proposed superatomweight division.

Best thing about Dumont's victory was wmmaddict's hilarious youtube rant about Norma's butt.

Liver shots are always hit or miss, now with a combination of the film and Macy's tattoos it should give her future opponents a target to aim for. My advice, wear a shirt.

Rose Brito Conceição 5-0 vs Mayara Thays (4-2)

any spanish speakers wanna help with the questions towards the end? :D

She was asked about how she fell fighting in September, which is Mexico's independence month. About scoring a "Chavez" style finish with the kick to the body, her corner's instructions to her in between rounds, and how she feels about fellow Mexican fighters making waves in combat sports.

She said she is very happy and grateful to represent Mexico, she's proud of being a 100% Mexican fighter that trains at a 100% Mexican gym. She's proud to represent women, and fighters on the big stage. She said the "Chavez" style finish wasn't something she was necessarily thinking about as it happened, but that she's practiced that kick for many years now and that it was her muscle memory/natural reaction to kick that way. She also said her striking and wrestling coaches advised her to remain relaxed and not lose her cool, they were aware that Macy would have a significant weight advantage and states that Macy felt much heavier on the ground. She was getting more comfortable with her striking in round 3, and believes she would've won on the feet of the fight had continued. Feels happy to represent her country along with Yair, Alexa, Brandon, and the rest of the Mexican fighters.

She was asked about how she fell fighting in September, which is Mexico's independence month. About scoring a "Chavez" style finish with the kick to the body, her corner's instructions to her in between rounds, and how she feels about fellow Mexican fighters making waves in combat sports.

She said she is very happy and grateful to represent Mexico, she's proud of being a 100% Mexican fighter that trains at a 100% Mexican gym. She's proud to represent women, and fighters on the big stage. She said the "Chavez" style finish wasn't something she was necessarily thinking about as it happened, but that she's practiced that kick for many years now and that it was her muscle memory/natural reaction to kick that way. She also said her striking and wrestling coaches advised her to remain relaxed and not lose her cool, they were aware that Macy would have a significant weight advantage and states that Macy felt much heavier on the ground. She was getting more comfortable with her striking in round 3, and believes she would've won on the feet of the fight had continued. Feels happy to represent her country along with Yair, Alexa, Brandon, and the rest of the Mexican fighters.

Thanks bro

Montague (1-0) vs Wynn (1-3)

Karoline Martins (9-4) vs Gabriella Fernandes (7-1)

Last edited:

muchas gracias amigo! :D

Back