Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Vanessa Demopoulos vs. Silvana Gómez Juárez
Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Kay Hansen

Sunday January 23

[KICKBOXING] RISE 154 Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – ABEMA TV – 3:30am ET / 12:30am PT
Arina Kobayashi vs. Shoko

https://grabakahitman.com

On the Chookagian topic... Perhaps the matchmakers were playing 4D chess, and thinking about the long term?

Santos is likely to be next for Valentina, Grasso is likely to beat Wood, Fiorot is likely to beat Eye, O'Neill is likely to beat Modafferi. They're slowly fading out the old guard, and since Murphy just terribly lost to Valentina, the only obstacles left were Chookagian and Maia, since Andrade and Calvillo are moving back down to 115. If these prospects can't beat Chookagian (and I'm positive that she'd beat them all), match her up with Maia, let her halt any momentum she has, and then get rid of her. This way Chookagian is out of the picture, and Maia HAS to fight down the rankings, which opens the door for one of the up and comers (probably Blanchfield) to beat her.

Two birds, one stone.

On the Chookagian topic... Perhaps the matchmakers were playing 4D chess, and thinking about the long term?

Santos is likely to be next for Valentina, Grasso is likely to beat Wood, Fiorot is likely to beat Eye, O'Neill is likely to beat Modafferi. They're slowly fading out the old guard, and since Murphy just terribly lost to Valentina, the only obstacles left were Chookagian and Maia, since Andrade and Calvillo are moving back down to 115. If these prospects can't beat Chookagian (and I'm positive that she'd beat them all), match her up with Maia, let her halt any momentum she has, and then get rid of her. This way Chookagian is out of the picture, and Maia HAS to fight down the rankings, which opens the door for one of the up and comers (probably Blanchfield) to beat her.

Two birds, one stone.

Yes, I'm sure you're 100% correct ........ it isn't about sport, purely down to business. The fight game isn't like those other sports, never has been.

Two birds, one stone.

This is it 100%

Hope Bellator picks up Chookagian, wouldn't hurt to have a top five of Velasquez, MacFarlane, Carmouche, Chookagian, and Kielholtz to throw against one another.

That said, the ages of that group are 35, 31, 37, 33, and 32. Need to start finding/building some young contenders too. Off the top of my head they have Avsaragova and Loureda (which.... no)

I'd have liked to see Grasso vs Chook, though. Firstly because they both have similar styles, secondly it'd be a chance to compare Alexa's performance with Irene's against the same opponent. I also think it'd be a winnable fight for Alexa (which is certainly not the same as saying 'I think she'd win', though...)

I'd like Grasso vs Eye for similar reasons (more easy to see Alexa winning that one). In fact a Grasso 'WMMA boomer remover' tour of Wood, Eye, then final boss Chook, would've been a good movie, to level her up one step at a time and prove her worth for a battle against the Dark Tsarina Sh'eev in the blockbuster sequel.

Yes, please! I’d rather neither lose, but Pudilova beating the former Bellator featherweight title challenger would be nice on her resume

I'd have liked to see Grasso vs Chook, though. Firstly because they both have similar styles, secondly it'd be a chance to compare Alexa's performance with Irene's against the same opponent. I also think it'd be a winnable fight for Alexa (which is certainly not the same as saying 'I think she'd win', though...)

I'd like Grasso vs Eye for similar reasons (more easy to see Alexa winning that one). In fact a Grasso 'WMMA boomer remover' tour of Wood, Eye, then final boss Chook, would've been a good movie, to level her up one step at a time and prove her worth for a battle against the Dark Tsarina Sh'eev in the blockbuster sequel.

Even when I disagree with you (not this post) you are always entertaining. Thank you for that.

Jasudavicius vs. Hansen. Wondering how Hansen will look moving up a weight class after a year-long layoff. Hansen by decision.
Juarez vs. Demopoulas. Neither is a great striker. They may try & get it to the ground. Demopoulas by submission.

Back