Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Loved how Delboni punished Alesha’s takedowns with elbows, vintage Joanna stuff. I’m honestly confused how Alesha has problems making 105, she’s been visibly smaller than all of her opponents.

Delboni looked well rounded again. As Paul Felder commented, she looked like someone who knew she won their first fight.

Personally, I just don't see Zappitella having much success at 115. Viviane Pereira was a middling UFC strawweight at best, and I seem to remember her pretty much dominating Alesha (though my memory has been known to be faulty). For all her wrestling credentials, stronger atomweights have seemed to have little trouble stuffing her takedowns, I doubt that will improve up a weight class.

Personally, I just don't see Zappitella having much success at 115. Viviane Pereira was a middling UFC strawweight at best, and I seem to remember her pretty much dominating Alesha (though my memory has been known to be faulty). For all her wrestling credentials, stronger atomweights have seemed to have little trouble stuffing her takedowns, I doubt that will improve up a weight class.
It seems like she has only one takedown in her toolkit. Once her opponent showed she could stop it the fight was over. She needs to train judo and/or chain wrestling with someone like Carla or Suarez.

Ekaterina Vandaryeva got,one of three $50k bonuses, as a way of saying “sorry our judges screwed you in the Supergirl fight”

Tiffany Teo submitted Meng Bo in the second. It’s a shame Meng Bo’s ground game is so lacking, as that division needed another contender that her winning would have provided. Now she’s lost her last two, in two different divisions, and has nowhere to go.

Xiong vs Miura went as expected. Once Miura was unable to get a takedown, her fate was sealed. Weird part is, Miura changed up her takedowns from her usual arsenal, and failed.

‘Chatri chided Xiong for her lack of killer instinct, but it’s not like it’s easy to go for a KO when as soon as you start throwing, your i]opponent shoots for a TD or clinches to shut down your strikes. I’ll have to rewatch it (yikes, 5 rds), maybe there were openings.

Is Kaufman cursed? Who did she wrong? Invicta had nothing for her, her PFL stint was a mess, and her title fight just got cancelled.

Meanwhile, Bellator is praying that McCourt beats Kavanagh, otherwise there's no one for Cyborg after the Zingano fight. While the UFC just lost Spencer at 145, Ladd is going to attempt to go back down to 135, De Randamie and Länsberg are missing, Kunitskaya and Pennington are pregnant, Holm is still recovering, and Tate is dropping down to 125. Yet, neither of those promotions wants to touch Kaufman, is she blacklisted?

Is Kaufman cursed? Who did she wrong? Invicta had nothing for her, her PFL stint was a mess, and her title fight just got cancelled.

Meanwhile, Bellator is praying that McCourt beats Kavanagh, otherwise there's no one for Cyborg after the Zingano fight. While the UFC just lost Spencer at 145, Ladd is going to attempt to go back down to 135, De Randamie and Länsberg are missing, Kunitskaya and Pennington are pregnant, Holm is still recovering, and Tate is dropping down to 125. Yet, neither of those promotions wants to touch Kaufman, is she blacklisted?

I can speak for Lina Lansberg & Germaine De Randamie both which would be Lina Lansberg had a baby and has since returned to training plus Germaine De Randamie
is working as a Police Officer so no consistent hours as per the course of that profession.

I don’t think Pennington is pregnant, I’m pretty sure she just did an egg retrieval to be able to freeze them.

am watching chook v. Maia right now and realised I forgot to report back on UFC unfiltered! apologies.

episode notes:
Carla: getting married in may - didn't give hints on when Rose rematch is happening; focusing on wrestling (due to weili's performance I'm guessing); owns 2 MASSIVE Italian Mastiffs that weigh around 120 pounds each - Carla does a lot of cleaning around the house bc of how much hair they shed.
Katlyn: she and hubby have a podcast going, reveals that UFC asked her to fight out her contract so she may be a free agent after this fight

am watching chook v. Maia right now and realised I forgot to report back on UFC unfiltered! apologies.

episode notes:
Carla: getting married in may - didn't give hints on when Rose rematch is happening; focusing on wrestling (due to weili's performance I'm guessing); owns 2 MASSIVE Italian Mastiffs that weigh around 120 pounds each - Carla does a lot of cleaning around the house bc of how much hair they shed.
Katlyn: she and hubby have a podcast going, reveals that UFC asked her to fight out her contract so she may be a free agent after this fight
I only caught the 3rd round but this might have been the least boring Katlyn fight I have seen. I knew her time was numbered with her usual boring style. It would suck for her to not get re-signed when she starts putting in better performances.

I've thought for some time that Chookagian was too expensive to keep on the roster ...... she had her title shot and a future derailing prospects won't endear her to the promotion either. Maybe moving back to 135 might be a reason to keep her?

Meanwhile could someone explain the economics of PAWFC1 .... fly in fighters from all over the world, even pay for fights that don't happen and hand out bonuses. Dakota needs to cash those checks ASAP.

Isn't she the one with the 19-5 record, exclusively fighting people with 1-0 records? To quote Tiffany Pollard: "I just think she's a disgrace. She's a disgrace to women who are actually making strides to grow the sport, to women who are constantly evolving and pushing the sport forward. Somebody lied to her several times, and told her she was skilled, talented, and dangerous, and she's nothing like, that, she is nothing of the sort"

Isn't she the one with the 19-5 record, exclusively fighting people with 1-0 records? To quote Tiffany Pollard: "I just think she's a disgrace. She's a disgrace to women who are actually making strides to grow the sport, to women who are constantly evolving and pushing the sport forward. Somebody lied to her several times, and told her she was skilled, talented, and dangerous, and she's nothing like, that, she is nothing of the sort"

She has a few decent wins but her record is mostly fighters with very few fights and bad records.

Never mind, at least Kaufman picked up the Pallas Athena belt

Back