Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Isn't she the one with the 19-5 record, exclusively fighting people with 1-0 records? To quote Tiffany Pollard: "I just think she's a disgrace. She's a disgrace to women who are actually making strides to grow the sport, to women who are constantly evolving and pushing the sport forward. Somebody lied to her several times, and told her she was skilled, talented, and dangerous, and she's nothing like, that, she is nothing of the sort"
You’re thinking of Satoko Shinashi

Just my luck, I went ahead and paid the $25 on the FITE app, and the main event gets canceled. <TheWire1><{katwhu}><{dayum}>
did you end up watching it how was it?

I've thought for some time that Chookagian was too expensive to keep on the roster ...... she had her title shot and a future derailing prospects won't endear her to the promotion either. Maybe moving back to 135 might be a reason to keep her?

Meanwhile could someone explain the economics of PAWFC1 .... fly in fighters from all over the world, even pay for fights that don't happen and hand out bonuses. Dakota needs to cash those checks ASAP.

<Neil01>
Charge alot for a regional level card and cash in on the novelty of wmma.

Never mind, at least Kaufman picked up the Pallas Athena belt

So they gave her a belt for doing a meet and greet?
Might as well have given Cyborg the 145 lb title too :rolleyes:

Jada Ketley vs Aphidet Fairtex in Lumpinee STadium (timestamped)

did you end up watching it how was it?
I did. It was a decent event. a lot of debutantes, but some good fights, some finishes, one bantamweight barn burner, and overall good production quality.

Lows: -a couple miscues with production (cutting to scene too early, played the wrong VTR at one point, etc. Common to new shows with new production crews.
- a long intermission, likely due to canceled fights combined with them seeming to have a televised main card locally.

Was it worth the price? For me, I diodn't mind. It was a little under what I make per hour, and I've certainly spent more money on dumber shit. Worth my time? Sure. the fights were decent enough to keep my attention, and I had the UFC on another screen.

Overall, I hope PAWFC has a future.

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 2

I did. It was a decent event. a lot of debutantes, but some good fights, some finishes, one bantamweight barn burner, and overall good production quality.

Lows: -a couple miscues with production (cutting to scene too early, played the wrong VTR at one point, etc. Common to new shows with new production crews.
- a long intermission, likely due to canceled fights combined with them seeming to have a televised main card locally.

Was it worth the price? For me, I diodn't mind. It was a little under what I make per hour, and I've certainly spent more money on dumber shit. Worth my time? Sure. the fights were decent enough to keep my attention, and I had the UFC on another screen.

You think they have a chance at being a competitor for Invicta in the future? Obviously they would need to land a broadcast deal 1st because like Invicta not many are going to be paying for their PPVs. With how infrequent Invicta cards have been lately they might be allowing for competitors to enter the market.

Isn't she the one with the 19-5 record, exclusively fighting people with 1-0 records? To quote Tiffany Pollard: "I just think she's a disgrace. She's a disgrace to women who are actually making strides to grow the sport, to women who are constantly evolving and pushing the sport forward. Somebody lied to her several times, and told her she was skilled, talented, and dangerous, and she's nothing like, that, she is nothing of the sort"
I'm a little lost... is this quote about hisae or ditcheva

How did Dakota look?

Chookagian is throwing harder punches that are landing with more frequency. Not just aerobics any more. Her wrestling & grappling have improved. She's not on Valentina's level - no one is - but I think she's good enough to stay in the UFC.

The ONE fights were a lot of fun. Xion again dominated. Tiffany Teo looked good in submitting Meng Bo. Still like both Vandaryeva and Supergirl & will tune in to their next fights.

If Wagman looks too good here in front of Dana, there's another solid atomweight prospect that's going to get her record f'd up fighting strawweights.
Lol, possibly, but I think he mainly looks at the headliners

I missed the headliner. Walked away from the pc, and passed out, lol
Ditcheva was dominant, looks promising.
A pair of nice RNCs. Alana Cook was fierce, has a marketability to her, as well.
Djukic vs Ricignuolo was a barn burner, FOTN, and I look forward to watching both again.
Marionette vs Assenssa wasn’t bad.

Last edited:
Apparently the rumor is Kayla is signing with the UFC and that is why Nunes left ATT.
<Eek2.0>
but what would Amanda do without Conan Silveira in her corner??? sounds like impending retirement to me. personally I'd love to see both Amanda and Nina behind the scenes promoting women's MMA, like Amanda did with Invicta for a while

Chookagian is throwing harder punches that are landing with more frequency. Not just aerobics any more. Her wrestling & grappling have improved. She's not on Valentina's level - no one is - but I think she's good enough to stay in the UFC.
I think chook was hoping to get a finish and make Shelby/Maynard reconsider signing her, but...
I'd rather watch chook embarrass Bellator's WFLW roster instead

I think chook was hoping to get a finish and make Shelby/Maynard reconsider signing her, but...
I'd rather watch chook embarrass Bellator's WFLW roster instead
I agree she was trying harder for a finish in this fight than she has for awhile. I enjoyed the parts of the fight I saw. So if she is gonna fight like this now I don't mind watching her. The "prospect" killing would still be a problem.

I agree she was trying harder for a finish in this fight than she has for awhile. I enjoyed the parts of the fight I saw. So if she is gonna fight like this now I don't mind watching her. The "prospect" killing would still be a problem.
Gotta beat contenders to be a contender, though <Fedor23>

Back