Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting kind of tired of waiting for Rose to get over the PTSD from the Conor bus attack. Hope she fights in early 2019. Looking forward to PVZ vs Rachael Ostovich. I'm betting that Paige gets a good comeback win here.

Getting kind of tired of waiting for Rose to get over the PTSD from the Conor bus attack. Hope she fights in early 2019.
That PTSD myth about Rose, from threads in "The Heavies", isn't gonna fly amongst the well-informed people who frequent this thread. Rose has been recovering from a neck injury that has nothing to do with the bus incident.

To properly get this, one will need to have watched a certain amount of anime...

DwHC8WaUUAAFazo.jpg

So being that this thread series is hands down the best place to discuss women's mma on the internet, I decided to come to you guys for advice/suggestions for my YT channel. What can/should I do to draw more interest/views?

-more video output? (I'm resigning from my secondary job, so I'll have more evenings free to do that)
-More UFC focus?
-Separate each news event into separate videos, instead of waiting for my weekly live stream to go over them all at once?
-More opinion pieces? (I want to stay focused on important stuff, and not get into "fight A said this stuff this week," bu that kind of stuff seems to be more popular)

I think the best decision I have made so far was to start doing the live fight companions, so I'm going to keep doing those, though not sure how often I'll do them for UFC events, unless there are three or more female fights on the card.

Guys, the floor is yours. Please let me know.

Zhang is the popular choice, but I feel like in comparison, Yan gets severely underrated, probably due to having less finishes.

Zhang is the popular choice, but I feel like in comparison, Yan gets severely underrated, probably due to having less finishes.

I'll go with the popular choice myself - Zhang has been nothing short of fuckawesome consistently, been a long time since I have been this stoked about a newcomer in any division.

Also, that (other people's) bloodied up Zhang gives me all the wrong ideas. I might not survive her, but it would be worth getting there :D

Music video featuring atomweight fighter Ye-Ji Lee. ~2minutes in.

I wonder how much of an audience there is for watching live video of female UFC fighters getting tattooed?

-Separate each news event into separate videos, instead of waiting for my weekly live stream to go over them all at once?
I don't know about that per se, but I would suggest separating each particular subject, or type of video, at least (in the case of fight outcome news), into each its own video, having the subject in the title, and then get right to it quickly.

On the one hand, some potential viewers will skip over videos where the title doesn't interest them, but on the other hand, those drawn to the video by an interest in the title will not get frustrated waiting for the topic that they came for to begin.

So being that this thread series is hands down the best place to discuss women's mma on the internet, I decided to come to you guys for advice/suggestions for my YT channel. What can/should I do to draw more interest/views?

-more video output? (I'm resigning from my secondary job, so I'll have more evenings free to do that)
-More UFC focus?
-More opinion pieces? (I want to stay focused on important stuff, and not get into "fight A said this stuff this week," bu that kind of stuff seems to be more popular)

I think the best decision I have made so far was to start doing the live fight companions, so I'm going to keep doing those, though not sure how often I'll do them for UFC events, unless there are three or more female fights on the card.

Guys, the floor is yours. Please let me know.
I personally don't like fight companion videos. I would much rather listen to a video before a card talking about the matchups, what the stakes are and who you think might win and then later on I like a post-fight video talking about what happened and what it means going forward. Fight companions are no fun from my perspective because I won't listen to them during the card since I am watching and listening to the broadcast and they are kind of dated to listen to afterwards because it's insufferable when they go on far too long in real time with lots of dead space with all the drama missing since you already know what happened.

Her own coach said it and there are numerous sources online talking about it for what it's worth. Weird thing for him to say if it's not true: http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...majunas-traumatized-conor-mcgregor-bus-attack
Where do you get from that article anything supporting the idea that we are waiting for Rose to get over PTSD before she'll fight? (Other than innuendo by the article author?)

The article said Rose had a neck injury too. didn't it. Where was your mention of that? How come you ignored that? Was it because you like the idea of bashing Rose's adverse emotional reaction more than considering that she actually has some real physical rehabbing to do (as she herself has said) before it is physically safe for her neck for her to fight?

Rose has been travelling... she showed up at UFC Denver, for example. Even did a media scrum there. How did she do that while hiding out?

Where do you get from that article anything supporting the idea that we are waiting for Rose to get over PTSD before she'll fight? (Other than innuendo by the article author?)

The article said Rose had a neck injury too. didn't it. Where was your mention of that? How come you ignored that? Was it because you like the idea of bashing Rose's adverse emotional reaction more than considering that she actually has some real physical rehabbing to do (as she herself has said) before it is physically safe for her neck for her to fight?

Rose has been travelling... she showed up at UFC Denver, for example. Even did a media scrum there. How did she do that while hiding out?

When your own coach tells people you have PTSD, that's a pretty serious thing as far as I am concerned, and not something that just goes away forever necessarily. I hope she recovers and her neck is okay as well to fight again soon otherwise she risks being stripped of the belt at some point.

If Rose Namajunas can go without being stripped she should be challenging
Jessica Andrade next but UFC has done stranger things when it has come to
title fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.