• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Moras weighed in at 138lbs.

Missed weight by a full Pennington.
Wonder if the long flights to the UAE are responsible.

Edit: also, is this a good time to make cheesecake jokes?

Last edited:
To have a shot at fighting for the title all Andrea Lee has to do is win and hopefully put on an exciting fight. Everything seems to be in place for this exact scenario to take place. Katlyn is already booked for a fight. Valentina wants to fight again before the year is done. Valentina just magically "happens" to be a guest fighter on the same card.

The problem is that this is the time when Andrea Lee usually lets us down. She starts building up momentum and then she lays an egg. Hopefully she can put on a show so we can have a chance at an exciting fight for Valentina rather then the boring striking just out of range fight that Val vs Katlyn will be.

The problem is that this is the time when Andrea Lee usually lets us down.

I'm not worried about Andrea Lee "letting me down", what I am worried about is JoJo shitting the bed. I mean, I so strongly wish that Calderwood would be able to win this fight on her own, without help from Lee - but I actually am quite damn tormented by the worry that JoJo might manage to not be able to even capitalize on the inevitable brain fart by Lee.

I'll take Lee losing, even though JoJo winning would be quite f'n awesome :)

To have a shot at fighting for the title all Andrea Lee has to do is win and hopefully put on an exciting fight. Everything seems to be in place for this exact scenario to take place. Katlyn is already booked for a fight. Valentina wants to fight again before the year is done. Valentina just magically "happens" to be a guest fighter on the same card.

The problem is that this is the time when Andrea Lee usually lets us down. She starts building up momentum and then she lays an egg. Hopefully she can put on a show so we can have a chance at an exciting fight for Valentina rather then the boring striking just out of range fight that Val vs Katlyn will be.
not sure what you mean when you say Andrea Lee usually lets us down at this stage.
besides, doesn't sound like she wants to fight for the title anytime soon. in recent interviews she's talked about how much pressure there is in being champion, and that she would want at least one or two more fights before fighting for the belt.

Missed weight by a full Pennington.
Wonder if the long flights to the UAE are responsible.

Edit: also, is this a good time to make cheesecake jokes?
other fighters have made more or less the same flight and made weight. i think she just has incompetent people in her team, or bad discipline in her diet

not sure what you mean when you say Andrea Lee usually lets us down at this stage.
besides, doesn't sound like she wants to fight for the title anytime soon. in recent interviews she's talked about how much pressure there is in being champion, and that she would want at least one or two more fights before fighting for the belt.

What I mean is that when she starts to gain career momentum where she can start being seen as a star she losses. For instance, After her Invicta debut she gained a ton of hype due to how amazing her performance was. Then she lost to Roxy. She was clearly too young in her career for that fight but if she would have won it she would have gotten a career boost.

After that she goes on a 2 fight win streak and including a FOTN. She then faces Sarah D'Alelio and lays an egg. Sarah is not a bad fighter but I don't think Andrea should have loss that fight. Now she is on another win streak and this would be the perfect time for her to mess it up again. She almost did it in her Macedo fight by trying to catch a head kick and in the Montana fight by almost getting choked in the final minute.

I also don't listen to her when she talks about fighting for a title. She still think you fight for your normal contracted amount during title fights. In Multiple interviews she said she wanted to hold off on title fight until she gets a bigger contract. How does she not know that title fights are min 100k/100k and 30k Reebok. If you win the title fight whatever contract you were on gets ripped up and you renegotiate a new bigger one before your next fight.

What I mean is that when she starts to gain career momentum where she can start being seen as a star she losses. For instance, After her Invicta debut she gained a ton of hype due to how amazing her performance was. Then she lost to Roxy. She was clearly too young in her career for that fight but if she would have won it she would have gotten a career boost.

After that she goes on a 2 fight win streak and including a FOTN. She then faces Sarah D'Alelio and lays an egg. Sarah is not a bad fighter but I don't think Andrea should have loss that fight. Now she is on another win streak and this would be the perfect time for her to mess it up again. She almost did it in her Macedo fight by trying to catch a head kick and in the Montana fight by almost getting choked in the final minute.

I also don't listen to her when she talks about fighting for a title. She still think you fight for your normal contracted amount during title fights. In Multiple interviews she said she wanted to hold off on title fight until she gets a bigger contract. How does she not know that title fights are min 100k/100k and 30k Reebok. If you win the title fight whatever contract you were on gets ripped up and you renegotiate a new bigger one before your next fight.
i get your point, but at the same time, very few fighters go undefeated from their first pro fight into a title shot.
many great fighters have some losses in the start of their pro career, to people you never heard of. but most fighters skills improve throughout their career.
and, there's a difference in gunning for a titlefight as soon as possible just to get a losers paycheck, as opposed to preparing slowly hoping to actually win a title fight

other fighters have made more or less the same flight and made weight. i think she just has incompetent people in her team, or bad discipline in her diet

I lean towards the latter, given her general body composition.

i get your point, but at the same time, very few fighters go undefeated from their first pro fight into a title shot.
many great fighters have some losses in the start of their pro career, to people you never heard of. but most fighters skills improve throughout their career.
and, there's a difference in gunning for a titlefight as soon as possible just to get a losers paycheck, as opposed to preparing slowly hoping to actually win a title fight
All valid points.

It looks like you were exactly correct. This video just popped up on my timeline talking about this topic.<mma4>

I may have more insight as to why Sarah Moras missed weight and it goes back to she
was mentioning 145 a couple of times so what that could be telling of is she has the worst
luck with dieting or she already is starting to have weight cutting issues despite only being
31 years old which is way too early to have weight cutting issues at this point.

I may have more insight as to why Sarah Moras missed weight and it goes back to she
was mentioning 145 a couple of times so what that could be telling of is she has the worst
luck with dieting or she already is starting to have weight cutting issues despite only being
31 years old which is way too early to have weight cutting issues at this point.

She has consistently carried a higher body fat percentage than many other female fighters. She needs to improve her body composition outside of camp.

Upon further research, I believe I've found the reason why Moras missed weight: Shevchenko voodoo'd her

Please open atomweight in the UFC by October.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.