~*Official Voting for S&P's Team Summer Competition*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for deadlift because my squat form sucks and I don't want to hurt myself trying to squat more weight with bad form.

Plus, deadlift is the easiest to know if you did a more or less official lift. If you pick it up it is basically a good lift. With squat you have to get someone to judge your depth to know if you did a good lift.

But, if squat wins that will be great motivation for me to get my form down.

I voted for deadlift because my squat form sucks and I don't want to hurt myself trying to squat more weight with bad form.

Regardless of the lift that wins the S&P nomination, you need to fix that squat form, pardner.

Check your ego at the door, buy a copy of Starting Strength, take all the plates off the bar and start fixin'.

Take it from one who knows, and who, starting tomorrow, will have a Zac Efron av to prove it.

Regardless of the lift that wins the S&P nomination, you need to fix that squat form, pardner.

Check your ego at the door, buy a copy of Starting Strength, take all the plates off the bar and start fixin'.

Take it from one who knows, and who, starting tomorrow, will have a Zac Efron av to prove it.

Hi Flak, thanks for the input. I do have SS and I am working on it, it's just frustrating.

What about having the draftees seeded. So you'd have something like:

200-300lbs PR members
300-400lbs PR members
400-500lbs PR members
500-600lbs PR members

And then each team should have a certain number from each group. Means the stronger guys could help the less strong guys in their team with advice and stuff too.

Good one.

200-300lbs PR members
300-400lbs PR members
400-500lbs PR members
500-600lbs PR members

And then each team should have a certain number from each group. Means the stronger guys could help the less strong guys in their team with advice and stuff too.

Look's good to me. Only problem I can foresee is that it could get complicated. I'll start a thread a in a few days and record everyone's maxes.

200-300lbs PR members
300-400lbs PR members
400-500lbs PR members
500-600lbs PR members

yea but a draftee who is 140 lbs and squatting 285 should be givin a little more credit than a guy like me is who is 185 and squatting the same. we should use wilks scores that way bodyweight is as much of a factor

yea but a draftee who is 140 lbs and squatting 285 should be givin a little more credit than a guy like me is who is 185 and squatting the same. we should use wilks scores that way bodyweight is as much of a factor

see but problem is ive only been deadlifting and squating for about 11/2 months. and i weigh 245. either way it doesnt matter to me.

How about we do one exercise per month for the S & P Summer Games. June for squat, July for Bench, August for Deads. Then there are more awards for people, and teams with weaker lifts on one thing can have a chance to come back in something else. Just throwing it out there.

^^A month is kind of a short period of time though

So how are we organizing teams? I'd like to join, but my lacrosse season ends anywhere from start of July to end of August, so my gains are going to be pretty shitty.

200-300lbs PR members
300-400lbs PR members
400-500lbs PR members
500-600lbs PR members

I like this idea, and including the big three, and wilks.

I'm coming back to rape all of you.

Oh, and SKWATS

how long before we cut the vote off and declare a winner?... we should probably have set a time/date before the vote so we would have shut it off unbiased

There are a lot of of great ideas that have been posted in this thread for how we figure out the winner. However, I prefer the simpler solution of which team made the most progress period. Yes, it not be "fair". But, let's take into account that the vets will be captains of the teams and this may incline them to pick "n0obs" for their group. This will hopefully allow for some peer-to-peer encouragement between the members of the team.

I just want this contest to be easy to run and sub-categorizing every detail so "everyone wins" seems pointless and too much unnecessary work.

So, it will look like this:

Say Team 1 has a total PR of, say, 1400 pounds. At the end of summer their total is 1700. 300 is the difference and will be the number used to judge how much progress they made. Yes, it will favor the noob lifters with lower numbers and be a disadvantage to the more experienced lifters. But bitching is pointless because if you're numbers are hard to increase that probably means you're advanced and your numbers are "good" anyway. And besides, I refuse to believe anyone short of elite status can't increase their numbers at a good pace.

Just pick your team accordingly.

I will probably make the draft thread tomorrow night and hopefully the vets of the forum will be glad to field a team. Once the teams are selected...I'd appreciate it if the team could submit their PR total to me (this will probably be done in a separate thread).

(BTW, if a mod could lock this by midnight thursday night I'd appreciate it)

I'm coming back to rape all of you.

Oh, and SKWATS

Hey man, lifting weights is actually required to join this race...

I thought that was what the time was going to be. Kind of like the monthly challenges. Oh well, just a thought.

Well most people aren't going to be making huge gains in a mere month, especially if they have other goals than to gain lbs on their squat for a Sherdog competition.

I voted for deadlift, cause I feel like my squat is total shit and I never squat. I don't think it would be fair for me to squat, since I have so much room to improve and more than likely would if I squatted more than once every 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back