• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC on Fox 15 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Holloway comes in with a takedown heavy gameplan?

Cummins is probably the worst striker at LHW tho, I dont think he can use his striking to set up his shots like Bader, if OSP comes in with his hands low, pretty much thinking TDD he can stuff Cummins for sure, but I havent really seen any high level fight IQ or game planning from OSP before so meh, probably not gonna play this one at all

Yeah he ain't the best striker clearly, but from his style I have seen he works well to cover distance via his kicks and punches and before they know it there on there back. Cummins is built like a tank designed for wrestling I feel he will take down osp and gnp without much problems more so in a 3 round fight.

He would be my biggest play actually out of the entire card, the rest are much closer fights :)

What if Holloway comes in with a takedown heavy gameplan?

Good question, but don't think I have seen him wrestle much and go for take downs much...

Not unless anyone can recall this?

Also the level of wrestling and take downs that frankie has is champ level status very few can match frankies speed and technique I don't think holloway can but he maybe able to display some good ground game via submissions however cub has been submitted only be frankie, lamas recently showing you also need very good bjj.

Holloway is a very good up and comer but I think he is being thrown into a guy who was literally almost no1-2 contender and gunning for a aldo rematch fight, max is number 10 ranking, it is quite a big leap too big if you ask me.

I can see how Holloway wins, but I'm wondering how he'll handle the power differential. That seemed to be one of the big difference makers in his loss to McGregor

just finished watching some tape on Mizugaki and Sterling. this fight should be Sterling all day. only advantage for Mizugaki is experience and maybe his hands but i doubt he will be able to show it much with Sterlings advantages in speed,reach,wrestling.

Sterling -222 / 200$

Vanzant - http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-last-fight-041315?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

- I'm surrounded by people who care about me. Urijah (Faber) really cares about me, keeps me on track and makes sure if I need anything, he makes it happen. It's just the team and the environment that I'm around.
- "I'm in such a positive environment with such positive people. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else."
- She's spent nearly two months getting ready for Herrig with the fighters there.
- But with this fight and my last one, as a fighter I've got so many more skills and the technique, and I've gotten that from being at Team Alpha Male."
- "I'm just so fortunate that Reebok picked me. It's really helped with my training camp. I'm able to stay in Sacramento and pay rent, which is great."
- "I'm still very young and I'm very young in this sport,"
- "I have a lot of room to grow athletically. I have not peaked. My fighting style's going to change a lot. I have the best team in the world to learn from and I can't wait to show off what I've learned in this fight camp.
- I want to be the best I can possibly be. I'm pushing myself very hard."

Haven't gotten into the nitty gritty of this card yet. Reeling over Iaquinta vs Masvidal a bit. Masvidal was my biggest bet on an MMA fight since GSP/Hendricks (took the over). At first glance though with the fighters I know well Im really liking Cummins and Rochold. Will be parlaying them to kick off the betting on this card.

Rockhold - http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/ufc-on...the-title-shot-is-mine-im-going-to-go-take-it

- “The title shot is mine; I’m going to go take it,”
- “That’s what happens. I think I’m going to go out there and dominate my fight.”
- “I pose a lot of threats to him, and I can fight him in a lot of ways other people can’t,”
- “Machida doesn’t like angles, and he doesn’t like pressure. I can strike with him, I can outwrestle him, I can out-grapple him, and I think I can out-strike him.
- “Machida probably thinks he has the superior striking game, but he probably thought he was a better striker than ‘Shogun’ (Rua) and Weidman and Jon Jones.
- But they were able to out-strike him too. It’s just a matter of me making him think about every aspect of the game, every facet. I’m getting him everywhere, so it’s going to open up everything else. It’s just one thing to the next.”
- “I’m not one to overextend myself,”
- “I think my footwork – people are underestimating my footwork in this fight. I’m very proficient in how I corner and my how my opponents move. It’s about the subtleties. He tends to move out one direction. I can cut him off and corner him like not many other guys could.
- “I think that’s the key, is my footwork and my understanding of my range. He’s not going to be really prepared for it. I’m going to control the cage and keep the pressure on him. I have five rounds, so I don’t have to force the issue and get frustrated. I’m going to take my time.”
- “I think he’s potentially as good as he’s ever been. I know there’s still a recipe out there to beating the guy, and I think I can put the pressure that Weidman put on him, and I don’t get tired. I don’t slow down. I think I can be faster, and I think I can be more precise.”

MLB
SDG PADRES-157 $13.75 $8.76
SEA MARINERS +1.5 -210 $13.75 $6.55
SEA MARINERS v LA DODGERS +7-115 $13.75 $11.96
1H ARI D'BACKS v 1H SDG PADRES +3.5 +115 $13.75 $15.81

Swanson - http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/ufc-on-fox-15s-cub-swanson-not-ruling-out-eventual-move-to-lightweight

- “I think I’m more likely to go up to 155 (pounds) than down to 135,”
- “I still see my career going for a while, so I see opportunities for change.”
- Poirier and I were jabbing at each other on Twitter a couple weeks back, and I was saying if I ever come up to 155 I’ll have to fight him again,”
- “It was a fun fight for me, and he was a game opponent. There’s always that possibility down the road.”
- “Max is somebody I’ve been watching for a while,”
- he decided he would stay in his adopted hometown of Palm Springs, Calif. He said Jackson will corner him for the fight.
- “For a long time, I’ve just been sleeping on couches in Albuquerque, so I wanted to stay home,”
- “I’ve been having a lot of opportunities to bring people to me, and I’ve had amazing sparring at my boxing gym. I have kickboxers, wrestlers and grapplers coming in to help me. I felt it was fine to stay home, and I knew I pushed myself. I’m definitely self-motivated.”
- “I could see myself fighting here for a while. I’ve got a couple more fights on my contract, but I’m sure they’re going to make me an offer, as long as I keep doing my thing and putting on great fights. I’m not too worried about it.”

Holloway - http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/ufc-on...stand-toe-to-toe-and-see-who-falls-down-first

- “Cub is a guy I used to watch when I wasn’t even in the UFC; in the WEC I was watching Cub, so he’s a great fighter,”
- “I’m in this place in my mind where I feel great. I feel free. I just can’t wait to make this weight and go out there and show the world what I have to offer. People need to tune in. I get nervous, I’m nervous, but it’s a great kind of nervous.”
- “The matchup is perfect,”
- “He’s a striker and he goes for broke out there. I’m a striker and I go for broke out there, so I can’t wait. We’re going to go in there, stand toe-to-toe and see who falls down first. And I’m totally fine with that. If I can walk away with $50k or $100k (in bonuses), extra money is always fun.”
- Holloway said he’s known about the Swanson matchup since prior to his last fight. He was told a spectacular showing against Cole Miller at UFC Fight Night 60 in February would get him the fight on FOX.
- UFC on FOX 15 takes place just 62 days after his most recent bout. That’s a quick turnaround, but Holloway said he had no issues with back-to-back training camps, especially given his current momentum.
- “I’m a big believer in, ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,'”
- “I’ve got something great going on. I’m on this win-streak with a lot of finishes and I know what I can do. My coaches know what I can do so there’s really nothing we’ve changed. All I can do is go out there and show what I’ve been working on for the last two months and get my hand raised.”
- I’m expecting the best Cub Swanson anybody in the world has ever seen. He’s coming off this huge loss and was almost at a title shot. He didn’t get it and I think he’s got a fire under him again. I can’t wait to see what he has to offer when we step across from each other.”
- “Frankie showed me I need to get in his face and outwrestle him, but I’m not a wrestler, so that’s out of the equation for me,”
- “I’m going to go in there and do what I do best. And that’s being Max Holloway. I find a way to win no matter what. I’ll go out there and fight my heart out for 15 minutes if it goes that way and just leave it all in there. I’ve been training hard so I’m not going to just fall over. I’m going to go in there and have the fight of my life.”
- “I want to get in that top spot and I feel like people are sleeping on me in this division,”
- I’ve heard people say the winner of my fight will fight Chad Mendes. Or could possibly fight Frankie or Faber. It could even be a title shot. I’m not focused on that right now though.
- Cub is a guy I need to take serious. He’s got that one punch knockout power and he’s no joke on the ground. If I’m in the winning end, we’ll talk to the UFC and see what happens.”

Dariush - http://www.ufc.com/news/Beneil-Dariush-Quick-Turnarounds-and-Steady-Progress

- “I think what happened in my fight with Tony Martin is he ran out of gas after the first round because we kept up such a high pace and I didn’t even notice. And that had to do with training with Rafael dos Anjos – he goes 100 percent all the time.”
- after I watched Rafa’s fight, I realized, ‘Man, I gotta get back in the gym.’ (they fought on the same night)
- “Monday I was back in the gym, which is really good because I got called to fight.”
- “For me to fight him is a step up in competition and I’m just really looking forward to that. My goal is just improvement and this is the best chance to do it.
- Last fight was great, but now I have to move up and I think this guy is really tough. Jim Miller has almost 20 fights in the UFC – he has so much experience and he’s so well rounded, I’m just so excited to get a chance to fight a guy like this.
- “My goal is to reach RDA – that’s the goal.”
- ‘No, I won’t fight Rafa; we’re family,’” “I go to his house, I eat there, I hang out with his family, and I play with his kids.
- “They say ‘iron sharpens iron’ and but to have Rafa as a partner helps a lot,” “And we’re lucky to have Master Rafael Cordeiro guiding us.
- Coming back into the camp so fast, I feel like I’ve hit another level. I feel way better than I did four weeks ago, which sounds crazy, but I can feel myself improving. So many things feel sharper. I’m going to show a new level – a new pace, new pressure.
- The goal for this year is to keep a steady pace and keep improving and hopefully people will notice.”

Sterling - http://www.ufc.com/news/Aljamain-Sterling-The-Funk-Master-to-Flex-his-Talents-in-NJ

- “It’s pretty cool to be fighting on FOX,”
- “I didn’t know that was the case originally. I thought I would be fighting on FOX Sports 1, but thing found out that the televised card is on FOX so that’s awesome. It’s a lot of exposure and a good opportunity for me to get my face and name out there and hopefully make a lot more money.
- “But Mizugaki is no joke, man. He’s a tough opponent as he’s always game. He’s fought a who’s who of the bantamweight division and he’s been around for a long time. But I think he’s going down the ladder of his career and I’m on the way up. I’m a young blood coming up in the game.
- “I also think my chest is a lot bigger,”
- “I think that is going to be a big difference in this fight. My chest muscles are way bigger than his are. I’m going to be out there flexing.”

Anderson - http://www.ufc.com/news/Corey-Anderson-Putting-Out-Fire-with-Gasoline

- “It’s a whole different level; just look at Frankie and that speaks volumes for itself,” (training full-time with his TUF 19 coaching staff.)
- “Frankie’s pound-for-pound the best in the sport no matter what people say,”
- We have coaches but the pace is set by Frankie. He’s the one pushing the pace. Everyone wants to keep up with Frankie; and even me being a lot bigger than him, when we’re doing strength and conditioning I’m trying to keep up. I want to move whatever weight he’s moving. It’s great.”
- “I study Frankie’s fights even more than my own or my opponents,”
- “But putting what I watch into my repertoire is hard work, and that’s what I’m here to do.”
- “Coach Mark Henry saw that I was a fast learner, and he made an announcement to the team and said ‘I am going to work with this kid all the way up to his fight.’ We just clicked, and I started relearning how to box the minute I met him,”
- “I haven’t talked to Villante since the fight was announced but I don’t think he’s got any hard feelings for me. We are both Renzo Gracie affiliates and that’s family, but this is our job. You do what you gotta do.”
- “I get out there and something comes over me, and with Frankie and my coaches in my corner, I also feel like I’m fighting for them. They deserve the win as much as I do, and I’m working, working, working.
- I’m out there fighting for that win bonus first, then I’m fighting for a performance bonus. I’ve been through a lot of hardships in my life, but no matter what I’ve been through I’m going to make it to the top. One way or another I will get there.”

Rockhold - http://www.ufc.com/news/Luke-Rockhold-Sees-His-Life-Choice--Surf-Through-Life-Or-Bust-Through-It-

- “I never would have started in this sport if I didn’t think that I could be the absolute best. I don’t believe in having a mindset of being second-best."
- For me, training every day with Cain and DC helped me learn how not to get hit. Let’s just say it doesn’t feel very good when Cain Velasquez lays a big shot on you. So I’ve had to be elusive as they’ve tried to hunt me down.”
- Machida, “You have to cut him off, trap him in the wrong place, and make him fight you,”
- “You almost have to brawl with him. If I can corner him, make him wrestle with me, that’s my chance to use power against him. But you have to do everything against him because he’s so good. I know that I’m going to have to use every element of fighting at my disposal.”
- “There’s a reason why we’re headlining this event. I know what I’m in for with this fight. But I’m ready to handle my business and get my world title shot.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back