• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC 184 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to put the information out on how much they lost on parlays to entice people/consumers to play more of these type of shit bets in the future

winning bettors = great advertising

that was my reasoning, also. and i cant figure out a reason as to why memphis doesnt take advantage of either big baby or spencer hawes down low. to top it off, DJordan has never played well against Marc Gasol. ill take the hit if this is a trap game, the line just makes no sense to me

good luck w the bucks, bulls dont play well as big favs. on top of that, i think the bucks are the number one team at defending the point guard position (at least before making those trades) so if they can make rose and brooks inefficient, your bet should be golden. BOL

It's my most confident bet. Chicago is beat up, inconsistent and the Bucks are what you said. No way the points should be that high. You should win the Memphis bet unless they sit out the starters. No Griffin and Memphis has size. I plan to LB Houston and Memphis tonite BOL!

No way man, at the very least you'd have to auto-fade both of them with Ellenberger just wilting whenever things don't go his way. I used to be pretty big on him, but he's honestly never looked that great if he doesn't get a huge early ko.

I think this is Koscheck's fight to lose if he chooses a wrestling centric game-plan. I'll very likely be playing him at current odds. Not huge though. To be honest I thought he was retired.

no i agree that ellenberger has been bad recently but i dont think koscheck is capable of doing anything to threaten ellenberger at this point. can he outwrestle jake, maybe. but will actually do that or will he stand and bang like he has in all his recent fight. i really think Kos is just showing up for a paycheck. disclaimer: im not suggesting betting the barn on jake though

Reading the comment section from the Bookies huge loss - do you really get a W-2G if you hit a bet over 600-1. That would doubly suck for a US better as it is not only taxable but shows you are doing something illegal

up more then 2k this weekend

imagine if 5d would have honoured my martin decision bet 120us at +2450

still

It's my most confident bet. Chicago is beat up, inconsistent and the Bucks are what you said. No way the points should be that high. You should win the Memphis bet unless they sit out the starters. No Griffin and Memphis has size. I plan to LB Houston and Memphis tonite BOL!

agreed. what do you think about the brooklyn/denver? denver seems to be in tank mode while brooklyn is somehow in 8th place lol. i would think this game means much more to brooklyn even though denver might be a better team

agreed. what do you think about the brooklyn/denver? denver seems to be in tank mode while brooklyn is somehow in 8th place lol. i would think this game means much more to brooklyn even though denver might be a better team

I lean Brooklyn, but they're worse now without Pierce. I think Brook is at -2 which is about right, but I'd stay away from these pick em games altogether unless you really want action. Denver is the Ty Lawson show.

One warrior:
Tailed on bucks bet

Tibau/Fergy is an interesting fight style wise, tibau has good solid take downs and wrestling to boot and good cardio iq lately he either does his r1/r2 play or r1 then break in r2 and strong r3 play.

Fergy I think will be similar to mj, superior footwork and jabs and should knock out the split decision tiba machine, I don't think he will make this fight close like that castillo fight.

Tibau/Fergy is an interesting fight style wise, tibau has good solid take downs and wrestling to boot and good cardio iq lately he either does his r1/r2 play or r1 then break in r2 and strong r3 play.

Fergy I think will be similar to mj, superior footwork and jabs and should knock out the split decision tiba machine, I don't think he will make this fight close like that castillo fight.

Completely agree with this.

Michael Page WON'T be a part of Bellator's "British Invasion" this Friday night on Spike TV.

Due to an injury sustained late in his preparations for his fight with Curtis Millender, "Venom" is off the card for Bellator 134 in Uncasville, Connecticut, on February 27. During the MMA Hour, it was revealed that Page will be replaced with the 9-3 Brennan Ward, who will move up from the "Prelims" to take the fight, which will now be at middleweight.

Ward last competed for the promotion at Bellator 123, where he was knocked out by Tamdan "The Barn Cat" McCrory in just 21 seconds. Ward was looking to rebound from that performance in a preliminary bout against Jesse Juarez, but instead accepted Bellator's offer to move up to the main card.

As of press time, it is unknown whether or not Juarez will receive a replacement opponent or if his fight will be scratched from the event altogether.

Don't forget that round 1 was fairly even between Tibau and Johnson. Personally, I think Tibau gets underrated. He beat RDA and most thought he beat Khabib. His record is pretty impressive. On the flip side, I think Ferguson gets overrated. He's been in two very close fights as a moderate to heavy favorite (Edwards + Castillo) and lost as a moderate to heavy favorite against MJ.

On the Bucks too, no way it should be +7 theyre 8-2 in their last 10 and one of those losses is to ATL

Chicago is flake central

Does anyone share my concern for Tibau's cardio even more so than usual? For someone like Tibau to cut that amount of weight twice in six weeks must take an enormous toll on his body. Tibau really slowed down in the third against Parke, and i can see Ferg's relentless pressure taking its toll by round 2. Tibau's last three fights have been against people whose style suit, a good striker with good wrestling is not someone that suits Tibau's style.

NBA

this feels like a major trap but im gonna bite; i think the clippers are at an all time high. only thing that worries me is that the grizz played last night and MIGHT be fatigued

Memphis Grizzlies +3.5 for 3u

LOL i just feel exactly the same like u. on 5dimes its +4 and i feel there should be value. There are a couple of things that concern me (back2back game, LA is a city to party on a road trip) but i think im still gonna bet it. As a Bullsfan i really like the +8 Bucks because it seems like Chicago especially Rose don't perform to the best of their ability vs non elite teams. therefore i'm gonna bet it for sure

what do u guys think about the bellator odds this weekend? How do u see them for the Mainevent? I'm not really high on Newton, but i feel the bookies think the same and with all the hype behind McGeary he's gonna be the betting favorite here.

Plus 4 split wins out of his last 7 wins - surely his luck will run out soon!

Don't forget that round 1 was fairly even between Tibau and Johnson. Personally, I think Tibau gets underrated. He beat RDA and most thought he beat Khabib. His record is pretty impressive. On the flip side, I think Ferguson gets overrated. He's been in two very close fights as a moderate to heavy favorite (Edwards + Castillo) and lost as a moderate to heavy favorite against MJ.

Do agree Tibau as frustrating of a fighter he can be at times is good at winning rounds.

Does anyone share my concern for Tibau's cardio even more so than usual? For someone like Tibau to cut that amount of weight twice in six weeks must take an enormous toll on his body. Tibau really slowed down in the third against Parke, and i can see Ferg's relentless pressure taking its toll by round 2. Tibau's last three fights have been against people whose style suit, a good striker with good wrestling is not someone that suits Tibau's style.

Tibua did struggle against mj, he looked rather sluggish or ill perhaps a badder weight cut if possible, but one great thing about tibau is his ability to win rounds and play the 3 round system, he will often do r1/r2 dominating or r1 then take r2 off to recover and then go all out in r3.

I loathe his split decision and cardio style, but can't take away tibaus skill set he could easily take ferguson down and lay on him for 2 rounds with little gnp he is just that strong but I feel ferguson will be on form and after the first 2-3 minutes will start countering and jabbing tibau and doing more damage to put doubts in tibaus game plan, ferguson is just too well rounded of a fighter for tibau imo.

Is this true though? I thought it was mostly people who had bets on tibau who said this.

That fight was very uneventful but thought Khabib was the clear winner, tibau did almost nothing and khabib did atleast something so even though it was competitive it's impossible for me to score it for tibau.

I agree, Tibau is underrated but at the same time he rarely steamrolls his opponents(as you said earlier he for some weird reason always fights close to his competition).

I scored the fight for Khabib as he was the aggressor trying to make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back