• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC 184 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivian

Aging
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same drill as always - post bets, discuss bets/matchups, and other sports in spoilers.

Singles
Walsh: $5 to win $13.25
King Mo: $5 to win $5 $10
Means: $5 to win $4.55
Newton/McGeary ITD: $5 to win $3.33 Loss
Tibau: $3.75 to win $6.38
Newton: $3.75 to win $5.69 Loss
Koscheck: $2.50 to win $4.50
Aguilar: $2.50 to win $2.50 $5
Carneiro: $1.25 to win $3.31
Salazar: $1.25 to win $3.13
Crowe: $1.25 to win $2.94 Loss
Pennington (+3.5 points): $1.25 to win $2.63

Parlays
Lewis + Rousey/Zingano doesn't start 4: $12.50 to win $7.09
Field over Rory (Honda) + Krause: $5 to win $4.71
Vassell + Daley: $5 to win win $3.57 $8.57
Ward/Millender over 1.5 + Rousey ITD + Field over Rory (Honda): $2.50 to win $4.03 Loss
Pineda + Rousey/Cat doesn't start 3 + Potts/Lewis ITD + Sok/Vassell ITD: $2.50 to win $3.83
Bronz + Holm/Penn starts 2 + Jouban/Walsh starts 2: $1.25 to win $2.09
Field over Reed (Honda) + Ronda ITD + Torres/Fullen ITD: $1.25 to win $1.86

TOTALS FOR 2015: Initial Risk was $95, Running total is $165.37 Running Profit: $70.37 (Approximate ROI for year 15.62%)
TOTALS FOR 2014: Initial Risk was $127.50 Running Total is $148.35 Running Profit = $20.85 (Approximate ROI for year 0.74%)
TOTALS FOR 2013: Initial Risk was $232.50, Running total is $583.75 Running Profit = $351.25 (Approximate ROI for year: 9.34%)
TOTALS FOR 2012: Initial Risk was $275, Running Total is $1030.18 Running Profit = $755.18 (Approximate ROI for year: 15.56%)
TOTALS FOR 2011: Initial Risk was $44, Running Total $1271.39 Running Profit = $1227.39 (Approximate ROI for year: 27%)
TOTALS FOR 2010: Initial Risk was $29, Running Total $225.92 Running Profit = $196.92 (Approximate ROI for year: 13%)
GRAND TOTAL FOR 2010 THROUGH 2014: $29 into $2626.75 Total Profit = $2597.75 (Approximate ROI: 14.082%)

Last edited:
from last thread

PR: yea no FOTN, bets were all a push. i bought 50 of my friends FOTN action on barboza-MJ at evens (he had it at 3:1) after the fight, thinking it was a shoe in... but after the mir ko, i actually predicted the ufc would give 4 performances, 0 fotn's

other guys saying lewis is free money at -500: stop

did you not watch the fights last night? lol.

lewis is no world beater. dude's a big strong guy who has big gnp. he's not talented on the feet. he's got no real skillset other than power punching. should he win? sure. but -500 is far from "free $"

Potts is really bad but I urge people who claim Lewis is "free money" to look at a few of his fights. His striking is VERY bad, FACT. He swings like a wild man and posses big power. That goes a long way on the regional scene but the first time he fought a decent striker in Mittrione he was KO'd fast.

Lewis is fade material whenever going up against decent technical strikers, Putts however isn't that. I ain't touching this one at -500.

Kind of rushed into placing my bets without watching any footage to grab the lines while I could (Ferg Lewis parlay). After watching Lewis' fights I nearly cried, but then I watched Potts' fights and he's possibly worse than I remembered so I am pretty content again! Lewis has no stand-up, just big powerful winging punches and a bullying take-down game with heavy gnp. Potts has no stand-up, he just throws telegraphed high kicks (he's barely thrown a punch in either of his UFC fights) and he is so easy to take-down. Sal and Hamilton both finished him on the floor, and after seeing what Lewis did to two of his UFC opponents I see Potts getting taken down and smashed on the floor. I haven't watched last nights fights yet (only Macario and as he lost he cost me all my bets so I turned off in frustration) but I hear there were a lot of upsets so when I do watch it tonight I am sure I am going to be even more nervous seeing all these upsets!

I really like Ferg over Tibau. I watched a whole bunch of Tibau's fights as I bet him to beat Parke so I feel I have a good handle on him. My biggest concern with Tibau for this fight is his two fights are only six weeks apart. For the amount of weight he cuts that is a hell of a lot of strain to put your body through so close together. I can really see him gassing even worse than usual. Except for the first round in the Varner fight Tibau tends to struggle to keep people grounded for any real length of time, and with Ferg's solid BJJ I think IF he gets taken down he gets back up sooner rather than later. I am very optimistic that Ferg learnt his lesson from the Castillo fight and will concentrate on just stuffing take-downs rather than going for moronic rolling kneebars - he will not want Tibau on top of him surely! On the feet Ferg will be too much and I can really see him pouring it on from mid-point of round two. I also think come round three the take-down will be there for Ferg is he so wishes.

Open / Current
896_o.png
896.png

from last thread

PR: yea no FOTN, bets were all a push. i bought 50 of my friends FOTN action on barboza-MJ at evens (he had it at 3:1) after the fight, thinking it was a shoe in... but after the mir ko, i actually predicted the ufc would give 4 performances, 0 fotn's

other guys saying lewis is free money at -500: stop

did you not watch the fights last night? lol.

lewis is no world beater. dude's a big strong guy who has big gnp. he's not talented on the feet. he's got no real skillset other than power punching. should he win? sure. but -500 is far from "free $"

Agreed, and heavyweight at -500 not named Cain or JDS is very risky

last night 10 underdogs for a $100 parlay, $36,889,703

lolol

last night 10 underdogs for a $100 parlay, $36,889,703

lolol

just insane. i've told that story to all of my coworkers today, lol

i mean, no one would ever think of it.. it's so outlandish..

how about the fact that barkus won the biggest draftkings thing out of 1501 teams or w/e... and he had alcantara and strickland on his team...

that means of the 1501 $20 entries, not one person had like 4 winners or whatever, let alone 5.

i was shocked (pleasantly) when i cashed some kountermoves, too.. i closed them out early in the night when i had a couple fighters lose (trator etc)

was a fuckin crazy night

Black beast is free money lol. Points handicap is as well. South African vs African-American. No contest.

just insane. i've told that story to all of my coworkers today, lol

i mean, no one would ever think of it.. it's so outlandish..

how about the fact that barkus won the biggest draftkings thing out of 1501 teams or w/e... and he had alcantara and strickland on his team...

that means of the 1501 $20 entries, not one person had like 4 winners or whatever, let alone 5.

i was shocked (pleasantly) when i cashed some kountermoves, too.. i closed them out early in the night when i had a couple fighters lose (trator etc)

was a fuckin crazy night

Definitely a fucked up night. I actually took an hour off after Alcantara lost to lift out in the garage. At that point, I was pretty positive I was in for a losing night. Just under 50% of my total risk were my singles on Gibson and Alcantara. On any semi-normal night, it's going to be pretty rough to recover from that.

After a good night last night:-

86Gq6E9.png

I'll be on my man Tibau for sure, im not really feeling anything else, might put a flyer on Zingano..

I am going to tell myself this was a one off type event of underdogs either that or red corner was cursed to hell, mir recouped some losses luckily, wish I did not hesitate on the dogs though.

Interesting Saturday card some good names at least, although holly holm first fight in ufc and its co main event perhaps its a warm up fight for main event honda.

Josh Koscheck vs Jake Ellenberger ? looser leaves or retires perhaps

One bettor had a $4 all-underdog parlay which paid $85,000. Another had four $1 parlays that paid $25,000 each.

"We had at least a dozen of these bets that paid out $10,000 or more," Bradley said.

When all was tallied up, Bradley said the loss approached nearly $1 million on the single event.

As much as bookies moan about the losses I bet they also made plenty think of all those live bet lines they switched to offline and never bothered to put it back online not even allowing anyone to hedge there bets or make back some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back