Official UFC 184 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna ask again on Mayweather/Pacman:

Isn't the play here to bet Mayweather dec at -150? I have a hard time seeing him not outboxing Pacman at this point, and I think it would be quite a fluke if Floyd got Manny out of there. I think these odds are pretty nice, I think this really by far the most likely outcome of this fight. I kinda expected to see Mayweather closer to -300 on the ML and his decision prop to for sure be -200 or worse. I have one bet on it already and am thinking of going bigger.

To some of the other boxing guys: thoughts?

Isn't the play here to bet Mayweather dec at -150? I have a hard time seeing him not outboxing Pacman at this point, and I think it would be quite a fluke if Floyd got Manny out of there. I think these odds are pretty nice, I think this really by far the most likely outcome of this fight. I kinda expected to see Mayweather closer to -300 on the ML and his decision prop to for sure be -200 or worse. I have one bet on it already and am thinking of going bigger.

If you're on May, that's your best bet. I'm personally on Pac ML

Re: Lewis/Potts

That isn't a fight. It is a premeditated murder. Potts is basically fighting for his life.

Bet here is Lewis round 1.

If you're on May, that's your best bet. I'm personally on Pac ML

Wow, really? You think he cracks that Mayweather D?

I just don't see it. I think both guys have slowed a little from 4-5 years ago, but I think it affects Manny more. I think Floyd is just too good defensively.

I'd honestly love to see Pacman win though, so if I lose my bet I'll cry with one eye...:D

Mir saved me last fight - took him at +200 and again at +260 and he got me back up. I don't feel good about placing any one bet for 184 so did a few low risk high reward parlays and will just let the roulette wheel spin for this one:

Koscheck wins inside distance +475, Ferguson wins by 3 round decision +200, Carneiro wins inside distance +475 - - $10 to win $981

Raquel Pennington +600, Richard Walsh +350, Roan Carneiro +260 - - $10 to win $1,124

Josh Koscheck +170, Gleison Tibau +170, Roan Carneiro +260 - - $10 to win $252.44

Ronda Rousey -900, Holly Holm -900, Josh Koscheck +170, Richard Walsh +350, Roan Carneiro +260 - - $10 to win $530

I don't recommend these to anyone. They are retarded bets. Blow me kisses.

Wow, really? You think he cracks that Mayweather D?

I just don't see it. I think both guys have slowed a little from 4-5 years ago, but I think it affects Manny more. I think Floyd is just too good defensively.

I'd honestly love to see Pacman win though, so if I lose my bet I'll cry with one eye...:D

Pac has 3 ways to win. Ko, decision, decision robbery

3U lewis + Rousey + Eubanks Jr (boxing)

Pac has 3 ways to win. Ko, decision, decision robbery

3U lewis + Rousey + Eubanks Jr (boxing)

Ha ha I love the third one. But given Pacman will be the aggressor it's possible I guess.

That said if Pacman does win I really hope it's by knocking Floyd unconscious.

Ha ha I love the third one. But given Pacman will be the aggressor it's possible I guess.

That said if Pacman does win I really hope it's by knocking Floyd unconscious.

Always have to think of business side of things. Also, judges favor volume.

Always have to think of business side of things. Also, judges favor volume.

Well, they do but Floyd's style has a rep all its own. I honestly think judges for his fights at this point marvel at how well he avoids getting hit cleanly. He's the one guy where volume doesn't seem to matter. Judges seem to give him the benefit of the doubt in rounds where he avoids getting hit, even if he doesn't do much offensively himself.

Well, they do but Floyd's style has a rep all its own. I honestly think judges for his fights at this point marvel at how well he avoids getting hit cleanly. He's the one guy where volume doesn't seem to matter. Judges seem to give him the benefit of the doubt in rounds where he avoids getting hit, even if he doesn't do much offensively himself.

I bet they try to do a rematch to make more money.

Do you favor Jones over Rumble?

Yeah that's a nice line, imo. Even if Floyd is able to hurt Pac, he's not the type of guy to step on the gas and go for the finish. Pac doesn't have the chin that he used to, but he's still pretty damned durable.

I favor Floyd here, it's so important in fighting to be able to adjust, and nobody's better at adjusting than Floyd. I know some people think Pac will start out slow b/c he's done that in some of his recent fights, but I'm thinking the opposite. I think Pac is gonna come out and jump on Floyd early, but he's an in and out fighter, he won't stay inside and keep the pressure on, he'll back off and restart.

Pac is an absolutely great fighter but you know the type of fight he's gonna put on. I'm pretty comfortable with saying that I think Floyd will figure him out and start avoiding what Pac's bringing to the table offensively, landing those potshots, and getting into his groove after 3 or 4rds like we usually see him do. From there I think the onus is gonna be on Pac to readjust his strategy and show Floyd something different, and I think it's gonna be real hard for him to do that.

Even if he does it once, I don't think getting into a battle of wits in regards to who can adjust quicker and with more effectiveness against a guy like Floyd is a good idea. Floyd might not be able to read a hs level book but he can read opponents better than any other fighter in my time, other than maybe Bhop.

Pac has the ability to ko Floyd or take a Dec for sure, but Floyd's got a great chin himself and obviously some of the best defense we've seen in along time. Plus, Pac hasn't had a ko in a long time, was Cotto the last guy he stopped? Either way it's been awhile since either guy's shown finishing ability, not to mention against fighters who are not nearly as talented as these two. If Floyd and Pac can't finish the likes of the Guerrero's and Algieri's, I doubt they can finish each other.

So long story less long, I agree that's a nice looking line and as a huge boxing fan I can't wait for this shit to finally go down. I don't disagree with people taking Pac as a dog, either I would rather lay the -150 on Floyd Dec, though. Wouldn't take a ud or anything like that b/c who knows what the judges are gonna see, but I personally do like that line. /rant

edit

Last edited:
NBA WEDNESDAY

only played gs -7 today which pushed. there wasnt much to choose from anyway

Wednesday Leans:

T-Wolves -2
76ers +11
Spurs +3
Rockets -3.5
Grizzlies -7

i will prob only bet on 3 of the games, not sure which 3 i like the best, though. what does everyone think?

Sat 2/28 1105 Holm wins inside distance +1325
10:30PM 1106 Not Holm inside distance -3125
Sat 2/28 1107 Holm wins by 3 round decision +800
10:30PM 1108 Not Holm by 3 round decision -1700
Sat 2/28 1109 Pennington wins inside distance +150
10:30PM 1110 Not Pennington inside distance -190
Sat 2/28 1111 Pennington wins by 3 round decision -130
10:30PM 1112 Not Pennington by 3 round decision -110

....never ceases to amaze me

I'm sorry but this is completely unacceptable. If I fucked up this frequently at my job, I'd be fired. The fact that they completely fuck up lines every other card is just astounding.

Wasn't trying to call you out at all, I understand what you're saying

All good man

It's funny because I basically agree with all of this. Potts is one of the worst HW's I can remember in the UFC (and I've been around awhile--I remember when Justin Eilers was a "can't miss" prospect and when Sean Gannon "earned" a fight in the UFC for his big victory over Kimbo Slice in a bareknuckle boxing match--then Gannon was summarily choked out by the legendary Brandon Lee Hinkle). In the big scheme of things Potts can fight, but he's not UFC caliber.

Lewis is extremely flawed but should seriously steamroll Potts, yet I cannot bring myself to lay these type of odds at HW. I just can't. It's as if I go to type in a wager and immediately a shooting pain runs up my arm that doesn't allow me to enter it in.

Yeah I don't think with betting on MMA that betting large on -500's is a smart idea . There is an inherent unpredictability in the sport that can bite you in the ass any time. . 12th mans -300 10% of BR bets are crazy to me considering the sport.

Isn't the under 1.5 the obvious play if you want to bet that fight? If Lewis wins he's gonna merk Potts early and it covers the chance Potts pulls something nutty out his arse.

Yeah but -190 is pretty steep . Don't get me wrong I am not going to bet 5 units to win 1 on Derrick Lewis or anyone for that manner. I will personally just use him as a leg of a solid + money parlay. I am just very confident that Lewis will gorilla smash Potts.

Alexa grasso +115 vs Mizuki inoue -153

PuertoRican and EzFlyer you guys seems to have good knowledge on wmma, who do you like here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back