• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury fight has been cancelled, now Paul is fighting his old foe, Tyron Woodley, for the second time.

On Monday, Fury, the half brother of the reigning heavyweight king Tyson Fury, said he is withdrawing from the planned fight as a result of complications from a broken rib, and is hoping to reschedule their bout for 2022. And Paul said that he's going to fight a rematch with Tyron Woodley instead of fighting Fury.

Paul fought Woodley, a mixed martial artist, in August, defeating him in a split-decision bout. You may remember Paul's light-up trunks, or Woodley's trunks advertising "Dude Wipes." Or maybe you remember how Paul told Woodley that he'll give him a rematch if Woodley gets an "I love Jake Paul" tattoo. Which he did -- on the inside of one finger, where hardly anyone can see it.

The Fury fight would've been the first time Paul fought someone closer to his own height and natural weight, plus the first time he fought someone with a similar amount of boxing experience. Fury's record is 7-0, with four knockouts to his name. Jake Paul is 4-0.

Full fight card
  • Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley
  • Amanda Serrano vs. Miriam Gutierrez
  • Deron Williams vs. Frank Gore
  • Liam Paro vs. Yomar Alamo

https://www.cnet.com/news/jake-paul-vs-tyron-woodley-2-fight-date-start-time-and-how-to-watch/

https://www.sho.com/sports/fights/4902/paul-vs-woodley-2

Man I try not to complain, especially with these freak show fights already being shit, but damn what an uninteresting fight. DWil vs Gore sounds better than another TWood fight

Woodley is going to knock that bitch the fuck out this time around.

Paro vs Alamo is the only worthwhile fight on the entire card, though.

If the odds are extremely lopsided
1) It would be deserved. Woodley has lost his last five fights for the same reason.
2) I'll put money on him because he might actually knock him out if he goes crazy in R1

Man I try not to complain, especially with these freak show fights already being shit, but damn what an uninteresting fight. DWil vs Gore sounds better than another TWood fight
I mean I'll try to catch the main for shits and giggles, but...

Full fight card
  • Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley
  • Amanda Serrano vs. Miriam Gutierrez
  • Deron Williams vs. Frank Gore
  • Liam Paro vs. Yomar Alamo

<{you!}>

This is a short notice Woodley who hasn't been training consistently. He doesn't have Woodley type abs a week ago. I think he might just throw one punch per round this time.

BJ flores confirming that nerves affected Jake's performance in the first fight which is what Jake hinted at in post fight interview. If Jake manages his nerves better this I could see him knocking out Woodley. It's a big if though.

Why does this garbage fake boxing match between non-professional boxers get a sticky in a boxing forum while plenty of fights with world class fighters don't?
The man makes a good point.
I guess the argument would be that this fight will have alot more traffic than say, Beterbiev vs Browne.

Why does this garbage fake boxing match between non-professional boxers get a sticky in a boxing forum while plenty of fights with world class fighters don't?
I make one for every major fight. If you want to make one for several pages of discussion , by all means do it. We usually just use the @MMALOPEZ threads for those events.

It deserves it. Beterbiev-Browne may have been a better fight, but every single fight on the undercard was worse than Tyrone-JakePaul2 and consequently I fell asleep and missed it.

This is a short notice Woodley who hasn't been training consistently. He doesn't have Woodley type abs a week ago. I think he might just throw one punch per round this time.
He said he was training for this fight. Maybe wolf tickets, but maybe not. Twood dnt strike me the type that gets out of shape - homie like being fresh for all his baby mommas and the ladies. Maybe the short notice will help him too, and he wont be over thinking and so gun shy?

I've a gut feeling he will atleat be more active than last time. People will always complain but I rather enjoy these freak fights, it is a nice balance to top tier combat championship level combat sports. And when Jake Paul does get sparked the fook out, I want to be watching in real time and be on sherdog for all the gloriousness. There is nothing like the feeding frenzy after a hype train gets derailed in glorious fashion. Heck, even Tyron gettin sparked is always fun - it's a win win!

I don't really have a strong feeling on this fight one way or another, but realistically what are the chances that Woodley somehow pulls off the upset just so they can run it back for a needless Trilogy fight? Or would Paul do everything he can to maintain that perfect record for now?

Woodley is going to knock that bitch the fuck out this time around.

Paro vs Alamo is the only worthwhile fight on the entire card, though.
Jake Paul gonna end the show with a lead hook, rapid straight combo. 4th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back