RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Woodley 2 Shobox PPV 12/18

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masvidal should fight out of his contract asap or buy his contract out. He's never made 1 mil in all of his ufc fights combined. He'll be rich and he'll get a chance to KO Jake.

Masvidal banked a few million each in his fights vs Nate Diaz and Kamaru Usman.

He has PPV points in his contract and headlined those events which sold over a million PPV buys each. His disclosed purse is not his total income and when the ppv numbers are high the PPV points earning vastly outweighs the disclosed purse.
(It pays on a sliding scale where the higher the buy number the more the fighter gets per buy, so the 800+ and 1mil+ buys pay out really big to the fighter)

That said, he would make more fighting Jake Paul than any single fight in his UFC/MMA career.

Dana and the UFC wouldn't let him out of his contract, which he knows, which makes all of this kind of pointless.

If he has 1 fight left and could get out of his contract after them he should fight his contract out and take the offer (or negotiate it up a smidge then take it)

If he has multiple fights left (which he likely does as he recently got a new contract with pay increase) then he has no way to get out of the contract. And Jake ain't coming to the UFC as Masvidal suggested because Jake can generate millions all by himself and doesn't need the UFC or their one sided contract terms.

Not sure if that’s a figurative slip of the tongue but he did earn over a million from his last two fights combined.

If you mean he’s never earned over a million from one individual fight then you would be right.

Yea Masvidal only started making money at the twilight of his career, in his last 3 fights. He made 100k for Ben Askren. He earned 500k with Nate. His last fight was only good money fight with 800k total, but that was also his downfall fight, he lost a lot of stakes in that one, he got kod and he is getting old now. THese are his big money fights, he fought for peanuts previously, similar to Nate, 20/20.

he should fight his way out of the ufc asap, fight those 2-3(guessing) fights till summer and he is free agent.

Also the way Woodley fell, I've seen probably over 500 knockouts, I can't tell you why but the fall irked me.

How on earth could that faceplant fall be faked? He fell flatter than anyone has ever bellyflopped into water.

If he can faceplant like that without a single flinch he should be the highest paid pro wrestler in history.

Hate him and want to see him get absolutely destroyed but I find myself reading stuff about his upcoming fights. Majority of the time shaking my head at some of the stuff he says but I admitt he's got me and other boxing fans following his "career" he's a good salesman/promoter.

He's done a financial service for some down and out MMA fighters
While he's annoying as shit, I also find it hilarious when he calls out Dana for not paying his fighters.
Then makes MMA fans so mad for beating up washed up wrestlers who are much smaller.

Wouldn’t call myself a fan but it’s hilarious seeing him beat MMA fighters. It was hilarious seeing how many people picked Ben Askren to rough up Jake Paul.

He's done a financial service for some down and out MMA fighters
While he's annoying as shit, I also find it hilarious when he calls out Dana for not paying his fighters.
Then makes MMA fans so mad for beating up washed up wrestlers who are much smaller.
exactly, he is good at this. you can see dana is feeling nervous when he gets asked about the paul

Neither, he’s irrelevant to boxing because he doesn’t box boxers
he was about to box fury jr.

You misunderstand. The incentive is a $500k bonus if he knocks out Paul. Woodley doesn't get a bonus if he gets knocked out.

I doubt a commission would even allow that.
A commission let Holyfield fight Vitor so you never know

How would you rate Jake Paul's power, try to compare him to light heavyweights and super middleweights who I believe are similar size to him. Obviously he's not landing on elite guys in those divisions, but assuming he could how do you think his power would compare? His right hand is maybe a 7 out of 10, or am I giving him too much credit? He does load up a lot on his punches

Somewhere between Golovkin and Wilder, on a bad day.

***Replay starting in minutes on Showtime***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back