RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Davis vs Santa Cruz PPV RBR 10/31

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you analyze boxing lke a newbie. first of all, lsc has been in about 16 world championships against the best in 3 weight classes and hes a three division champ. you dont get there by being one dimensional. you get there by being a complete fighter in most respects. power, accuracy, intelligence, timing all the finer points at the highest levels. what davis did to him shows that davis is not just a great fighter...hes a SPECIAL fighter.

and people seem hung up on gamboa as if gamboa was a bum. gamboa was a cuban national champ, olympic champ, pfp top fighter and world champ at two weight classes. he might have been past his prime, but still forgot more about boxing than leo or ryan may ever know. davis dropped gamboa three times, beat him all over the ring...gamboa might have said he had a bad leg, but did you see him move around the ring....you clearly dont have the knowledge of boxing to be having this in-depth a discussion.

Bruh, he ain't special. He has death touch power but he ain't special, dude got pieced up by a better more complete fighter for a majority of the fight. I'll give you a little hint, there are a lot of talented guys who can beat Davis right now

he didnt forget his defense. that was the strategy...lsc had his guard up so high, it was hard for davis to land clean. he needed to get in range. this would prompt leo to throw because leo had to keep tank off him and also because tank was coming in with low defense, so its an easy target. but by doing so, leo opened himself up and put himself at risk of getting hit which was what tank needed him to do so tank could get a clear shot in.

LOL more bullshit

it wasn't a strategy to get frustrated, shove a guy, punch him in the dick etc.

Edit: you can even see Floyd shitting his pants in the background, the entire thing was going tits up in front of us.

Davis landed one hell of a shot, it was pretty awesome. But tone down on the hyperbole.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bruh, he ain't special. He has death touch power but he ain't special, dude got pieced up by a better more complete fighter for a majority of the fight. I'll give you a little hint, there are a lot of talented guys who can beat Davis right now

LOL more bullshit

Edit: you can even see Floyd shitting his pants in the background, the entire thing was going tits up in front of us.

Davis landed one hell of a shot, it was pretty awesome. But tone down on the hyperbole.

I always knew that Tank had power and he's usually in his element early in a fight. But people forget that he gassed out against a 70 year old Yuriorkis Gamboa and was getting tagged up. This is why I predicted LSC for the win and it looked like he was just about to start giving Tank the business. Don't get me wrong, Tank deserves all the credit for that KO, but I didn't see anything different out of him last night. He's ripe for the picking.

LOL more bullshit

you're stupid and you live in fantasyworld.

I always knew that Tank had power and he's usually in his element early in a fight. But people forget that he gassed out against a 70 year old Yuriorkis Gamboa and was getting tagged up. This is why I predicted LSC for the win and it looked like he was just about to start giving Tank the business. Don't get me wrong, Tank deserves all the credit for that KO, but I didn't see anything different out of him last night. He's ripe for the picking.
he didnt gas out...he was rocking gamboas world. but gamboa is experienced and slick and stubborn. rather than just going full speed, tank did the smart thing. he dialed it back a little bit, paced himself and finished strong. very intelligent strategy.

He is a scumbag and a woman beater.

Why would anyone need an excuse to hate him for something that is a known fact....?

you mean a young kid from a low-income background, suddenly flush with money got into a drunken brawl with some other drunk young people over some chick? if you hate tank for that reason, you must also hate 90% of the young 20-something year old men in america. but somehow i doubt that's the REAL reason for your feelings about tank. is ok, dude. there's been millions like you in the past and will be millions more like you to come in the future.

He is a scumbag and a woman beater.

Why would anyone need an excuse to hate him for something that is a known fact....?

+juan

Lol. These two idiots spamming the thread, with Davis' dick in their mouth, tried to compare him to Floyd, SRL, among others. Lmao... more like Broner, and even then he has a bit to prove

you mean a young kid from a low-income background, suddenly flush with money got into a drunken brawl with some other drunk young people over some chick? if you hate tank for that reason, you must also hate 90% of the young 20-something year old men in america. but somehow i doubt that's the REAL reason for your feelings about tank. is ok, dude. there's been millions like you in the past and will be millions more like you to come in the future.
I grew up in Oakland. Please tell me more you dip shit.

you analyze boxing lke a newbie. first of all, lsc has been in about 16 world championships against the best in 3 weight classes and hes a three division champ. you dont get there by being one dimensional. you get there by being a complete fighter in most respects. power, accuracy, intelligence, timing all the finer points at the highest levels. what davis did to him shows that davis is not just a great fighter...hes a SPECIAL fighter.

and people seem hung up on gamboa as if gamboa was a bum. gamboa was a cuban national champ, olympic champ, pfp top fighter and world champ at two weight classes. he might have been past his prime, but still forgot more about boxing than leo or ryan may ever know. davis dropped gamboa three times, beat him all over the ring...gamboa might have said he had a bad leg, but did you see him move around the ring....you clearly dont have the knowledge of boxing to be having this in-depth a discussion.
Leo Santa Cruz is actually a 4 division World Champ. Not 3.
And that is a special number. Only 20 boxers have won World Titles in 4 divisions. What LSC was trying to do was win in 5 Divisions and only 5 boxers have ever done that. He would've been the 6th.
Davis wouldve been the only viable option for that. Lopez, Loma, too big and disciplined.
Davis though came prepared but you never know with him. He couldve came in and got tired and that's what LSC was hoping for after 6.
LSC is a HOF without question. I think he takes a fight or two at 130 and calls it a career.

Q

Yea that was the clip I was referring to. What was the back story on this?
Dont know, but it doesnt matter. Hes a woman beater plain and simple. Even looking past his shitty personality, its unacceptable. Woman/kid beaters and sexual predators are the lowest of the low and fuck them all.

Why do people hate Davis?
Because hes a Mayweather fighter.
DV issue where he grabbed a girl by the coat,not the neck...that issue is just a cop out.
U really care about that black woman he grabbed by the coat? Get the fuck outta here. No you dont. You dont like him cuz hes flashy and hes with Floyd. That's the real reason and the third is because ppl feel hes gonna pick and choose fights until he gets beaten and thrown to the side for something else.

The race thing is that Black people are getting behind him. Just like they did with Floyd and just like they tried with Broner and Wilder.
Except brothas keep thinking if Floyd likes you, you just automatically win. And GD isnt going 50-0, we all know that.

DV issue where he grabbed a girl by the coat,not the neck...that issue is just a cop out.
U really care about that black woman he grabbed by the coat? Get the fuck outta here. No you dont. You dont like him cuz hes flashy and hes with Floyd. That's the real reason and the third is because ppl feel hes gonna pick and choose fights until he gets beaten and thrown to the side for something else.

The race thing is that Black people are getting behind him. Just like they did with Floyd and just like they tried with Broner and Wilder.
Except brothas keep thinking if Floyd likes you, you just automatically win. And GD isnt going 50-0, we all know that.

Floyd and Hopkins are my favorite fighters.

Outside of the domestic violence, Davis has showed up out of shape on multiple fights, has looked lazy and on the verge of gassing. Hopkins and Floyd never have, not once.

I also love Toney, but even with him being fat, he still shows up ready to go the distance.

Davis also doesn't even compare to these guys on the mic. He sounds like a shit head. Even last night, he copying Floyds ring walk outfit. He is not original or captivating

Plus he hit a guy in the back of the head and mocked him. Booourns

Dont know, but it doesnt matter. Hes a woman beater plain and simple. Even looking past his shitty personality, its unacceptable. Woman/kid beaters and sexual predators are the lowest of the low and fuck them all.

Agreed 100 percent

Well for what its worth i think you're awesome

Well for what its worth i think you're awesome
When I say "you" I'm just saying that as reference, not actually you.
But I dont believe ppl care about DV issues like grabbing her by the coat.
That's just old school Clark Gable, Sean Connery stuff. He wasnt throwing hooks and jabs to the stomach or anything.
Is grabbing a kid by the ear child abuse now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back