PBP ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned BKFC Prospect Series: Edmonton 8/31 7PM ET (Prime)

as a senior member of this community (ie i'm in my 50s), I speak as an old-school martial artist who would do knuckle hardening exercises of all kinds, like punching buckets of sand, punching boards wrapped in duct tape, smacking bean bags, and basically beating my knuckles against anything solid and hard any time i could. That shit works and takes lotta time. it's not pretty and i doubt healthy or wise.

Just wondering whether any of these bareknuckle fighters do this sorta stuff. I can't imagine coming into this without some knuckle toughening.

anyone train here who can report on knuckle strength in MMA or boxing?

i've never even thought about this until now. And I have watched the bare knuckle Kentucky fried chicken show for quite a while now lol.

as a senior member of this community (ie i'm in my 50s), I speak as an old-school martial artist who would do knuckle hardening exercises of all kinds, like punching buckets of sand, punching boards wrapped in duct tape, smacking bean bags, and basically beating my knuckles against anything solid and hard any time i could. That shit works and takes lotta time. it's not pretty and i doubt healthy or wise.

Just wondering whether any of these bareknuckle fighters do this sorta stuff. I can't imagine coming into this without some knuckle toughening.

anyone train here who can report on knuckle strength in MMA or boxing?

i've never even thought about this until now. And I have watched the bare knuckle Kentucky fried chicken show for quite a while now lol.
I doubt they do that. Perry did say after his first fight he starting to remind himself to make a tight fist so not to hurt his hands so much.

Proceeds going to the edmonton boys, girls and its club.
Took our (my brother, and I) first summer camps with the Boys and girls club. One week long. Out in the country.

My mom was single, and money was scarce. But we were never deprived of anything.

Love the boys, and girls club.

I doubt they do that. Perry did say after his first fight he starting to remind himself to make a tight fist so not to hurt his hands so much.

interesting data point. Thanks brother for responding. i may have to make this a thread somewhere here. I'm not a big thead maker so we'll see lol.

The thing is I'm wincing while watching these guys strike.

Back