• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Official Sherdawg Presidential debate round 1 PbP

Who won the debate

• I plan to vote Biden, and think Biden won

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Biden won

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Biden won

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Trump won

Votes: 95 54.6%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Trump won

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • I plan to vote Biden, and think Trump won

Votes: 25 14.4%

• Total voters
Ya know , the problem with spending years convincing us of just how smart you are ... is that we know you aren't stupid and don't actually believe what you are saying about Joe bidens capabilities in the slightest.
Look at this:

Have you ever seen Trump show that kind of reasoning ability or awareness of what's going on at any time in his life?

For the first time Biden is considering dropping out. This should have happened a year and the Democrats could have held an actual primary.

Biden's team has shut that rumor down. His senior press secretary and Advisor said the NYT only gave Biden's team 7 minutes to respond to the article before it was published.

Behind the scenes, could be (likely is), but his team did say that is fake news (for now)

The other candidate says we'll follow the Constitution, rule of law, and if the unthinkable happens, it'll be between your God, family, and your doctor.

That's what a capable Democratic candidate would be saying. In reality Biden changed the topic and started rambling about women getting raped by illegal immigrants.

Why’d you ignore my post
I don't tend to click on your notifications, as I know what to expect (I read enough rightist media to know your views on every issue). What do you want to know? And are you willing to answer my questions?

Did you watch that ProPublica interview? Have you ever seen Trump sound that coherent, knowledgeable, and aware?

I don't tend to click on your notifications, as I know what to expect (I read enough rightist media to know your views on every issue). What do you want to know? And are you willing to answer my questions?

Did you watch that ProPublica interview? Have you ever seen Trump sound that coherent, knowledgeable, and aware?
Sure, man.

I’m not sure Trump is aware of where the sky is.

Biden's team has shut that rumor down. His senior press secretary and Advisor said the NYT only gave Biden's team 7 minutes to respond to the article before it was published.

Behind the scenes, could be (likely is), but his team did say that is fake news (for now)

I wouldn't expect them to confirm or deny a decision like this until the decision process is completed.

There seems to be quite a bit of smoke, with stories about Obama calling for it behind the scenes. Some insiders(granted not the most trustworthy) have claimed it's already been decided, but they haven't decided on a date to confirm.

Who knows, but the winds seem to be blowing in that direction.
Just yesterday you told me that it was impractical to think that they would replace Biden. That was kind of like a hinge pin for your whole stance against my position, wasn't it??

That's what a capable Democratic candidate would be saying. In reality Biden changed the topic and started rambling about women getting raped by illegal immigrants.

True, but he just came in from a whirlwind tour bolstering up our allies overseas and seriously needed to take a break before debating Trump.

That was 100% on his team to postpone it until he gathered his strength. Heck, I pulled a 24-hour shift once when I was deployed to Uganda. You could've told me that I was on Mars after that, and I would've believed you and I was 25 at the time.

I think you can't see the forest through the trees on this because of Trump.

Democrats went all in on Biden in 2020, because he had the "best chance of beating Trump" That was a lie. They all could have beat Trump in 2020, minus chakra spell worshipper Marianne Willamson, the rest of the field had a great chance. This mindset, this mania, over defeating Trump is supposed to absolve our leaders of their responsibility to their constituents and ensure to their donors they can win elections.

I am reading your posts here and you seem to be on the right track but I couldn't disagree with you more on that notion of finding someone who can beat Trump as a key priority.

It isnt, it doesn't have to be, this is partially why we currently have a vegetable backed by a shadowy unelected conglomerate making all the decisions, while our country is in a shambles. This is wrong and level headed Dems such as yourself have a responsibility to wake up the rest of the clan and focus on holding elected officials to govern and lead at the highest levels, first and foremost. Leave the fkkn politics out and give us the best and brightest and the votes will come. I fear the DNC has shot themselves in both feet here.

I personally have zero allegiance to either party and am undecided, or as @Rob Battisti put it, I am voting for myself. With that being said, ANY Democrat who comes forward and condemns this Biden fiasco and tells the truth without pandering to far left progressives has my vote. It is there, will anyone want it or are they just worried about making the owner/donor class happy? This is what we should be looking at.

I still have genuine hope that they're going to replace Biden with a viable candidate that will beat Trump and then we'll have avoided disaster in Trump and disaster in a man too old to be president.

As to the rest of your post, I'm just not into conspiracy theories man and I don't believe it for one second. I think it's more likely that the dems are afraid to replace Biden because they havent vetted any of the other candidates in a deep way and afraid that they could be running somebody with skeletons in their closet that will ensure the loss of the Democrat president and Trump's victory.

Is there a video/source of him bragging about denying abortions to raped 11 year olds?

Sure, right here.

"BBBBBUUUTtt WaaaiiiT! He didn't say EXACTLY that!

What category does a raped and impregnated 11-year-old child fall into?

The exception, which he said he supports?

True, he did indeed say that.

But...

When he got Roe overturned, it all went back to the States (State's rights remember), and if the victim is in one of those states? Well, congratulations, she'll be a mom at 12 years old.

I know, "But they can just go to another state and have the abortion." NOPE, there are a lot of states that are now trying to get laws on the books that if you go to another state for abortion care, you're going to prison. And if you can't afford to go?

Bootstraps baby... Bootstraps.

True, he did indeed say that.

But...

When he got Roe overturned, it all went back to the States (State's rights remember), and if the victim is in one of those states? Well, congratulations, she'll be a mom at 12 years old.

I know, "But they can just go to another state and have the abortion." NOPE, there are a lot of states that are now trying to get laws on the books that if you go to another state for abortion care, you're going to prison. And if you can't afford to go?

Bootstraps baby... Bootstraps.
Says a lot more about the states themselves, but that’s just my opinion. I think saying he’s bragging about 11 year olds being denied abortion is a bit hyperbolic. It’d be like if I said Biden supports cross burnings because he fought against desegregation. Obviously he isn’t a klansman, he’s just a racist.

Last edited:
Just yesterday you told me that it was impractical to think that they would replace Biden. That was kind of like a hinge pin for your whole stance against my position, wasn't it??
I think it's impractical to do it, not for you to think it. It will likely hurt them overall if they to try and replace him this late into the game. Not like the Dems are known for making good decisions, and the old switcheroo will just make them look more incompetent than they already are.

But no, I wasn't against any particular thought you have with thinking Biden should be replaced. I'm saying it's not as easy as people think it is, and while I think he shouldn't be President, replacing him as the nominee is a disaster waiting to happen that will fracture the Democrats. If it doesn't work out at any point, they're gonna be thinking they should've stuck with Biden, who really isn't so far behind that he's dead in the water.

Back