**Official** Pacquiao VS Margarito 13th of November**

well atleast when this sells poorly mayweather can demand a bigger cut for being the bigger draw

The real reason this fight is happening is because Margo still is a fairly big draw, which is shitty but true. Mayweather doesn't want to fight atm, Cotto would be viewed as uncompetitive. Berto, this fight would be better as pac could unify the division or at least pick up another title. He won't fight the real guys at 154 on account of them being much too big, but hey, I doubt Cotto gets in the ring with Martinez or Driz, but maybe Angulo. 147 is basically cleaned out beyond the Mayweather fight, 140 has tons of interesting fights but not as big yet.

Margarito shouldn't be allowed to fight ever again. I still think he might be a threat to Pacman though, even without plaster in his wraps because hes so much bigger.

not vs margarito

He is a big draw on his own, always explosive, always exciting to watch, not to mention there is also about 4-5 million filipinos in the US who support him no matter what. But we will find out i guess.

Here is a question considering Pac's "superstar status" what will be considered a good buy rate? Is 800,000 avg, above avg, good?

I think blame here is to be given to Bob Arum, this man just need to fix a quick fight to earn a fast cash. Never look to perceptions on what match-ups are good for pacquiao, Instead he persist on a fighter who has been guilty of using handwraps. This fight is a bum. Arum just need quick $$$.

Here is a question considering Pac's "superstar status" what will be considered a good buy rate? Is 800,000 avg, above avg, good?

He needs to do over 1 million for sure. He did 700.000 against Clottey who is not known to be a draw whatsoever. But vs Margarito he should do better because everyone will probably want to see Margarito's performance with clean wraps, i know i will.

Pacquiao-Margarito: Manny To Demand 150-Pound Weight - Boxing News

Now there is another catch weight. This is making a mockery of the sport and discrediting the belts even further than they are.

Manny if you dont want to move up and fight those guys, stay where the fuck you are and fight some 147 or 140 pounders. Why is every other fight you have to fight at my said weight.

You already know Marg is gonna take the fight at whatever pac wants because margs last fight was against a nobody that nobody cared about and he didnt make shit but now theres this opportunity thats just to good to pass up.

im sick of roach

I'd rather Margarito fight a Klitschko, but I'm not paying either way.

Top Rank should call the event:

Pacquiao (the current welter-weight champ who won it at a catch-weight limit of 145lbs) versus Margarito (recently off suspension for loading his gloves with plaster) for the vacant super welter-weight belt (at a catch-weight limit of 150lbs)

Last edited:
what are you talking about? Mosley knocked his ass out.

And it's not just on mayweather - if pac has nothing to hide then take the tests and crush floyd like your trainer say's you will.

yes and all three where shot and beyond their primes

1ST of all he agreed to the blood test, up until the day of the fight.

ODLH-Was supposed to walk over PAC, was actually getting hate because he was fighting such a smaller man.

Hatton-by no means was shot, he was still king pin of the divison. He had not lost at that weight. His only loss (to PBF) was at a weight a little bigger then he's used to.

Cotto(this was one that showed me you know nothing)- Was top P4P only lost to a cheating Tony, had beaten shane, zab, quintana the list goes on. He is young and on top of his game, he looked like shit against JC but you don't one one fight (besides PAC) whos looked good against him.

ANYWAY back to point

Pac will abuse Tony as long as he doesn't get wild, he could dice him to pieces if he plays his game right.

Cool...paquiao faces the guy who cheated and lost against the guy who just lost to Mayweather...SWEET!!!

haha

cool PBF just fought Sugar (who is a known cheater), who lost to Cotto who PAC SMOKED and it was the biggest fight of his career....sweet

It depends whether HBO produces a "Pacquiao-Margarito 24/7" and puts the marketing dollars behind it.

With a 24/7, he needs to clear 1 million PPV buys for his 50/50 argument against Floyd to hold up. Without a 24/7, I'd say he needs to beat numbers he did for Clottey (700,000)

Just curious.....are Pacman and Mayweather ever going to fight?

It seems like they are trying to delay it as much as possible.

That's fucking bullshit that they are doing another catch weight. I'm kind of pissed about that. You can't claim divisional superiority based off of catch weights.

1ST of all he agreed to the blood test, up until the day of the fight.

Who told you this? It's not true.

Saturday morning, Top Rank Promotions CEO Bob Arum told the media in a midnight conference call that Manny Pacquiao agreed to the 14-day drug testing cutoff and that he believed the issues to be "resolved." But no word had been heard from the Mayweather camp. Arum said that the negotiations with Floyd Mayweather were handled "strictly through" HBO's president of Sports, Ross Greenburg, who acted as a mediator for the possible November 13 fight. A fight that would be the biggest boxing fight of the year.

July 17, 7:09 AM

Who told you this? It's not true.

Saturday morning, Top Rank Promotions CEO Bob Arum told the media in a midnight conference call that Manny Pacquiao agreed to the 14-day drug testing cutoff and that he believed the issues to be "resolved." But no word had been heard from the Mayweather camp. Arum said that the negotiations with Floyd Mayweather were handled "strictly through" HBO's president of Sports, Ross Greenburg, who acted as a mediator for the possible November 13 fight. A fight that would be the biggest boxing fight of the year.

July 17, 7:09 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, I hadn't read it anywhere. It was just one of those things people say and you listen.

Back