**Official** Pacquiao VS Margarito 13th of November**

AoKyoto

White Belt
Reaction score
Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has informed Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports that WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will move up to the junior middleweight division to challenge Antonio Margarito for the vacant WBC title on November 13. Margarito's team will once again attempt to get him a license to box in Las Vegas. If that moves fails, the fight will take place in Monterrey, Mexico.
WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto was the other option for November, but his TKO loss to Pacquiao took place less than a year ago and few people were interested in a rematch.

Should be a good scrap..

not buying it though.. for 2 reasons..

1. I don't want to support Mayweather or Pac until they fight each other. I know that Pac has no control over whether May wants to fight this year or not, but I think it's important to reflect public displeasure in the fight not being made, and that means not supporting either. With enough support, either fighter may begin to believe that they don't need the either.. and I want to do my part to convince them that they desperately need each other.

2. Margarito isn't as worthy of this opportunity as some other fighters that Pac could have fought.. though he very well may be tougher than all other options, he isn't worthy. He has had 1 comeback fight.. there are fighters out there like Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Tim Bradly, Berto, and even Alfredo Angulo that have done significantly more in the last couple of years to warrant an opportunity.

Should be a good scrap..

not buying it though.. for 2 reasons..

1. I don't want to support Mayweather or Pac until they fight each other. I know that Pac has no control over whether May wants to fight this year or not, but I think it's important to reflect public displeasure in the fight not being made, and that means not supporting either. With enough support, either fighter may begin to believe that they don't need the either.. and I want to do my part to convince them that they desperately need each other.

2. Margarito isn't as worthy of this opportunity as some other fighters that Pac could have fought.. though he very well may be tougher than all other options, he isn't worthy. He has had 1 comeback fight.. there are fighters out there like Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Tim Bradly, Berto, and even Alfredo Angulo that have done significantly more in the last couple of years to warrant an opportunity.

well said my friend

This will be a good fight but given the fact that Margarito hasnt fought in a couple of years, I think Pac will take it. This will be a good gauge in my opinion though as how Pac will fare at super welterweight. Mayweather will decide on fighting him after he see's how Pac does, thats for sure. I hope Margarito shocks everybody though, that would be sweet. (im not a Pac fan obviously).

So, who takes Pac vs Margarito??

"The key to no limit is to put a man to a choice for all his chips" - Doyle Brunson

Last edited:
Aint Margarito banned? For putting shit in his gloves or something? Anyways, that guy has one hell of a chin, I watched him fight Mosely and was completely shocked, it was as if you couldn't hurt him.

Aint Margarito banned? For putting shit in his gloves or something? Anyways, that guy has one hell of a chin, I watched him fight Mosely and was completely shocked, it was as if you couldn't hurt him.

Arum told Yahoo fight has been signed and delievered. November 13, just dont know where its gonna be held. So, basically, ITS ON! WAR MARGARITO!

It will be a bigger test than Cotto or Clottey but I still think Pac passes with flying colors

I don't like the mach-up. Promoters greed over fighter welfare. Margarito is huge and iron chinned. Not long ago he was being avoided like the plague by everyone. One anomaly does not make him less formidable.
Manny dominates the early rds but I envisage a slugfest late on.
The irony is that facing Mayweather would be far easier/less damaging whoever prevailed.
And to top it all Margarito the cheating bastard could/should have been ignored completely.

margarito probably has it in the contract to have plaster wraps, only way he can win.

Here is the biggest problem I have with this fight. They are fighting for the WBC belt, the one that Sergio Martinez had to give up. Pac has never fought at 154 and in his first fight in the div its a title shot( that has happen before so ok, but still don't like it) . Now Marg has one fight in the div against a unknown fighter who I don't think was rank in the top ten in any of the three major rankings(WBC,WBA or IBF) so why the hell does he deserve a shot a title. The whole thing is a setup for Top rank to keep the money in-house and this time alot people have spoke out against it and they still don't care. Shame on them.

Now let talk about the fight. Marg is slow and a come straight at you fighter that is perfect for PAC style. PAC will catch Marg coming in and very often, but does PAC have the same power that Mosley did.(I don't think so) The biggest thing for me is to see if Marg can still take the punishment that he's going to have to, to win. If Marg can take the damage that he took in the Cotto fight then MAYBE he can land enough shots to cut PAC up. I give Marg a 30% chance of winning,but generally think Pac is just going to have a to easy time with him.

Another thing about this fight that bugs me is that Margrito was caught loading his gloves in a Title fight(not that the at matter, but he was a champion and should act like one.). I could never support a fighter that has openly been caught cheating. He should be banned for life IMO. And after reading about that Jack Dempsey was accused of doing the same thing in the Willard fight. I now have questions on his greatness too.

Last edited:
Here is the biggest problem I have with this fight. They are fighting for the WBC belt, the one that Sergio Martinez had to give up. Pac has never fought at 154 and in his first fight in the div its a title shot( that has happen before so ok, but still don't like it) . Now Marg has one fight in the div against a unknown fighter who I don't think was rank in the top ten in any of the three major rankings(WBC,WBA or IBF) so why the hell does he deserve a shot a title. The whole thing is a setup for Top rank to keep the money in-house and this time alot people have spoke out against it and they still don't care. Shame on them.

Thank you.

This being a title fight is a joke. Cintron or Angulo should be fighting for it.

This is why boxing is dead. There are so many other potential match ups out there for Pac yet they match him up with someone who is no longer relevant.

It's a disgrace that Margacheato is still allowed to fight a big name after he has been caught loading his gloves.

I would have rather seen Pac vs Berto instead of this cheater.

Remember Max calling out Top Rank and Golden Boy about always wanting to make fights only among their guys, just confirms it.

I would give Margacheato about 30% chance to win, it all depends on whether he can fight through Pac's shots into the later rounds like he did against Cotto.

very irrelevant fight. Isnt Manny also talking about this being his last time in the ring?

I wish he would have agreed to the blood testing when they offered him the Mayweather fight the first time around...

Manny could ko Margarito in the first and Mayweather could retire and I would still rank Floyd comfortably above him

Anti-climactic....the only fight that anyone wants is Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

This isnt official.
Its only confirmed in the minds of internet posters who wanna act like they know.

Back