**Official** Pacquiao VS Margarito 13th of November**

very irrelevant fight. Isnt Manny also talking about this being his last time in the ring?

I wish he would have agreed to the blood testing when they offered him the Mayweather fight the first time around...

Manny could ko Margarito in the first and Mayweather could retire and I would still rank Floyd comfortably above him

How can any fight involving the P4P King/fighter of the decade be irrelevant?

Come on man get a life.

Get a Life????? this fight is meaningless. Antonio gets caught cheating, gets suspended and now he is going to fight Pac????? Tell me how this makes sense?????

Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Berto and Williams are all better options moron. BTW EPSN has been reporting it as confirmed and so has eastsideboxing. So sir and I say that very loosely why dont you get a life.

I disagree with the p4p crap, I still put Mayweather comfortably ahead of Manny if you want to get into p4p talk.

It's irrelevant because there are harder fights for Manny out there. Why not chase a Mosley fight. Manny does enjoy picking up Floyds leftovers. Besides, the guy who Floyd just schooled (Shane) already beat the living shit out of Marg

Margirito has been exposed as a fraud man. No one really knows how long he has been cheating but it could have went back for a long time.

Seriously?
I'm not saying that this fight is irrelevant (although less than ideal), but just for the sake of the argument, i'll give you just a few more obvious exemples of irrelevant fights that could include pacquiao, to make you understand that it takes two to have a relevant fight:

Pacquiao vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Pacquiao vs. this guy Marian Banciu - Boxer

Pacquiao vs. jake the snake roberts

Pacquiao vs. Barbra Streisand

This isnt official.
Its only confirmed in the minds of internet posters who wanna act like they know.

why pull the "get a life" crap when someone says their opinion that Marg is not a relevant opponent especially for possibly Manny's last career fight. douchebag much?

Oh and besides yahoo sports it's also on boxrec.com listed directly under both fighters names so I understand how people can think it's confirmed. I personally won't get interested until I see it signed and done. No need to douche it up Mikey boy

I agree with this

Thank you.

This being a title fight is a joke. Cintron or Angulo should be fighting for it.

and this

Should be a good scrap..

not buying it though.. for 2 reasons..

1. I don't want to support Mayweather or Pac until they fight each other. I know that Pac has no control over whether May wants to fight this year or not, but I think it's important to reflect public displeasure in the fight not being made, and that means not supporting either. With enough support, either fighter may begin to believe that they don't need the either.. and I want to do my part to convince them that they desperately need each other.

2. Margarito isn't as worthy of this opportunity as some other fighters that Pac could have fought.. though he very well may be tougher than all other options, he isn't worthy. He has had 1 comeback fight.. there are fighters out there like Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Tim Bradly, Berto, and even Alfredo Angulo that have done significantly more in the last couple of years to warrant an opportunity.

Bradley and Williams would have been better options. Although I don't see Bradley being able to do much to pac at the moment, he deserves this fight more than margarito and Paul Williams is a though fight for anyone, especially anyone who is 5'6

That being said, it should still be a good fight. I'm just glad we're not being fed the cotto rematch

Margirito has been exposed as a fraud man. No one really knows how long he has been cheating but it could have went back for a long time.

I hate the fight too... but if Margarito somehow manages to win then all of a sudden he becomes very relevant.

I don't like it. People sure are quick to write Margarito off after that Mosley loss.

I can only hope that he's as finished as you guys think he is because if he's not...

Seriously?
I'm not saying that this fight is irrelevant (although less than ideal), but just for the sake of the argument, i'll give you just a few more obvious exemples of irrelevant fights that could include pacquiao, to make you understand that it takes two to have a relevant fight:

Pacquiao vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Pacquiao vs. this guy Marian Banciu - Boxer

Pacquiao vs. jake the snake roberts

Pacquiao vs. Barbra Streisand

Ok if you're gonna play the fool... lets take your post literally too... with the exception of Jake Roberts how on earth are these fights gonna get sanctioned? Ehh?

I hate the fight too... but if Margarito somehow manages to win then all of a sudden he becomes very relevant.

And a fighter who is banned from fighting in the US beats the #1 P4P fighter in the world becoming a household name.

I hate this fight. This was a perfect opportunity for Pacquiao to fight the up-and-comers (I'd have liked Pacquiao vs. Berto at 147) simply because Pacquiao would give the new guys the greatest challenge of their careers and a loss to Pacquiao isn't much of a loss, and if the young guy puts up a great fight then he has a chance to increase his own name value. But nope, Arum gives us Magarito vs Pacquaio.

Margarito could provide Pacquiao a challenge (154 might be too much added weight for Pacquiao) but I see Pac getting a decision win based on style alone.

And a fighter who is banned from fighting in the US beats the #1 P4P fighter in the world becoming a household name.

Wouldn't that be something? lol

I thought it was pathetic how he took Tony's side and left Cotto in the wind.

I don't like it. People sure are quick to write Margarito off after that Mosley loss.

I can only hope that he's as finished as you guys think he is because if he's not...

Has nothing to do with him being "finished". Even if he's the same fighter he was before Mosley destroyed him, Pacquiao is gonna beat the piss out of him. Pacquaio likes fighters that come at him and that's exactly what he Marg does. Pac is faster, smarter, has a better punch and just as good a chin. Honestly no way I see Marg winning this, which is why Mr. Bob was so eager to set it up. Now he can get one last big bang out of Antonio.

Pac is faster, smarter, has a better punch and just as good a chin.

Virtually everyone Margarito has fought was faster than him, yet he still wins. The question is if his big punch was loaded for all those wins? He's huge compared to Manny.

Margarito's never fought anyone has fast as Manny. He never had a huge punch either, so if his gloves were loaded for all the times he won, then lol, he ain't even gonna make a dent in Manny's chin without em.

Why is anyone excited to see Margarito fighting again? This guy should be shunned by all boxing enthusiasts.

God bless the Tijuana Tornado Antonio Margarito!

I love stories of Redemption.

Luckily the State Athletic Commissions are all about the Do-Re-Mi, and they know the boost Margarito's fights bring to the economy and to the sport, so someone'll license him in America, the Land of the 2nd Chance, where Capitalism and the almighty American dollar ALWAYS overrules integrity!!!

Yep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back