**Official** Pacquiao VS Margarito 13th of November**

Virtually everyone Margarito has fought was faster than him, yet he still wins. The question is if his big punch was loaded for all those wins? He's huge compared to Manny.

thats where people mess up. they think they can just bully manny around. de la hoya was bigger than him, so was hatton, and cotto. the truth is manny has been fighting bigger guys his whole career. its not gonna be any different for him this fight.

thats where people mess up. they think they can just bully manny around. de la hoya was bigger than him, so was hatton, and cotto. the truth is manny has been fighting bigger guys his whole career. its not gonna be any different for him this fight.

Nazeem Richardson put it best

The minute you start talking about how small Pacquiao is, you’re beat. I told Shane, “if you fight him, if anybody in the camp calls you bigger than Pacquiao, I’ll put them out of the camp.”

Because that’s just media shit. Every time they mention Pacquiao they mention he started at 106 lbs. Well, hot damn, all of us at one time were under 25lbs! I got up to be over 300 lbs, but one time I was under 25 lbs. Why do they talk like that, “You know he started his career at 106.”

But they keep bringing it up and I told them the same thing; the greatest trick the devil ever did was convince the world he didn’t exist. The greatest trick that Pacquiao ever did was convince you all that he was a small man! And he’s going to keep beating the shit out of people who keep thinking he’s a small man. At 147 lbs., Pacquiao is a small man like Mike Tyson was a small heavyweight!

Was Mike Tyson a small heavyweight? Well, he was a pretty short heavyweight, but short and small are two different things. As long as they keep believing that they’ll get beat. Cotto did that though the first couple of rounds. He hit Pacquiao the first couple of rounds and Pacquiao stood there, and Cotto is like, what? He gonna stay there a little longer.

Let me ask you a question. Muhammad Ali was the taller man against Frazier, correct?

Ali shot the jab, and circled. Didn’t that happen?

When do we change in boxing and say, “the guy is shorter than me I’m gonna walk him down.” That was boxing 101, that was common sense in boxing. I thought everybody knew-I thought people who couldn’t box knew that. Cotto is in there, and Oscar walking him down. Is Muhammed Ali gonna walk Joe Frazier down? “Joe Frazier’s the small heavyweight.” So don’t tell me Pacquiao is smaller.

Margarito is no Hatton, Cotto, or weight drained DLH. To beat Margarito you either have to outbox him for 12 rounds or push him back. Pacquiao isn't pushing him back, so he damn sure better be able to outbox him.

Edit: Another thing that Mosley was able to do against Margarito was get off first and then smother him in a clinch before he could return fire. When is the last time Pacquiao has clinched?

Last edited:
I think it's a good fight.

Aint Margarito banned? For putting shit in his gloves or something? Anyways, that guy has one hell of a chin, I watched him fight Mosely and was completely shocked, it was as if you couldn't hurt him.

what are you talking about? Mosley knocked his ass out.

And it's not just on mayweather - if pac has nothing to hide then take the tests and crush floyd like your trainer say's you will.

yes and all three where shot and beyond their primes

yes and all three where shot and beyond their primes

Hatton & Cotto were shot after one loss each (and Hatton actually looked quite good against 'Slappy' Paulie Malignaggi)? Got something to back that up other than "Floyd and Margarito ruined them!" or you just like cheerleading?

Edit: If you want to give crap about Cotto looking bad against Clottey, remember that Margarito looked awful against him as well (until he broke his hand) and that he was winning the Baldomir fight before the iffy DQ ending - not exactly the easiest of opponents to look good against given his style.

Last edited:
My two cents: should be a very action packed fight. Also, so ***gy about fighters being shot because they lost one fight.

Got something to back that up other than "Floyd and Margarito ruined them!" or you just like cheerleading?

Cotto - has never had the greatest chin (chop chop, Torres) or the one punch ko power to end hard fights - he'd been wobbled before the margo fight and basically ran from mosley the last 3 rounds - and you can call it it cheerleading all you want - the fact is margarito put a serious hurting on cotto (who was already starting to look faded) - and you add to the fact he in all likelihood did it with loaded gloves. So throw your little baby name calling out all you want. It's right there in front of you to believe or not - margo ruined what was left of cotto.

Hatton - again, over-rated and again could never really take a great shot - Eamann Mcgee almost had him out years before floyd and manny - and would have probably ended the hatton hype that night if he hit harder than a 12yr old kid.

Shot? De la Hoya most definitely - Cotto and Hatton? Perhaps, but neither were any where near their prospective primes.

1-2-3 who do we appreciate? Guys who have nothing to hide! Go..Random drug testing (a little cheerleading for you).

Cotto - has never had the greatest chin (chop chop, Torres) or the one punch ko power to end hard fights - he'd been wobbled before the margo fight and basically ran from mosley the last 3 rounds - and you can call it it cheerleading all you want - the fact is margarito put a serious hurting on cotto (who was already starting to look faded) - and you add to the fact he in all likelihood did it with loaded gloves. So throw your little baby name calling out all you want. It's right there in front of you to believe or not - margo ruined what was left of cotto.

Yeah, Margarito hurt Cotto but there's nothing to suggest that he was 'spent up' beyond an attempt to cut any legitimacy to the Pacquiao win. Was Thomas Hearn's 'spent up' after he got TKOd by 'Sugar' Ray Leonard in their first fight? Guys taking bad beatings is not in-of-itself indicative of the tail end of their careers.

Hatton - again, over-rated and again could never really take a great shot - Eamann Mcgee almost had him out years before floyd and manny - and would have probably ended the hatton hype that night if he hit harder than a 12yr old kid.

Having a bad chin is not being 'shot', though, it just means that he has poor punch resistance - quite a few successful fighters had that problem, actually.

Shot? De la Hoya most definitely

Which is why I didn't bring him up in the discussion.

Cotto and Hatton? Perhaps, but neither were any where near their prospective primes.

And what were their 'primes'? At what threshold did they suddenly become physically and mentally broken as fighters? You seem to be dancing around the substance of their primes and just pointing at them having shaky beards as 'proof' (when, for example, Thomas Hearns had a pretty awful beard but he was still a powerhouse). At least with Cotto you did say he took a bad pasting from Margarito to try to pinpoint the 'shot' claim but even then, it was one beating (which fighters like the aforementioned Hearns took despite still being in their peak afterwards).

Cool...paquiao faces the guy who cheated and lost against the guy who just lost to Mayweather...SWEET!!!

This is the absolute last fight I wanted pacquiao to make. It literally swung me from hoping pac destroys mayweather to the complete opposite side. For pac and team to give margarito a major fight is digusting and it is an absolute slap in the face of boxing and the fans. As much as I didn't want him to fight cotto again, I would have preferred that fight over this by a huge margin. I'd rather he fights fucking kid gavilan's skeleton than fight this chump.

This is the absolute last fight I wanted pacquiao to make. It literally swung me from hoping pac destroys mayweather to the complete opposite side. For pac and team to give margarito a major fight is digusting and it is an absolute slap in the face of boxing and the fans. As much as I didn't want him to fight cotto again, I would have preferred that fight over this by a huge margin. I'd rather he fights fucking kid gavilan's skeleton than fight this chump.

Given that Cotto was never a realistic opponent (as 2 losses in 3 fights to Pacquiao would have killed his career), this wasn't a shocker, in any way. I don't disagree that Margarito shouldn't get the fight (and money) for his actions, but it's not like this was an unforseen event. And if the 'shock' of Margarito being picked was what tilted you to root against Pacquiao, IMO that's pretty fair-weather (just like switching from Mayweather's camp because of the half-assed 'There were no negotiations at all' claim would be).

Given that Cotto was never a realistic opponent (as 2 losses in 3 fights to Pacquiao would have killed his career), this wasn't a shocker, in any way. I don't disagree that Margarito shouldn't get the fight (and money) for his actions, but it's not like this was an unforseen event. And if the 'shock' of Margarito being picked was what tilted you to root against Pacquiao, IMO that's pretty fair-weather (just like switching from Mayweather's camp because of the half-assed 'There were no negotiations at all' claim would be).

No it wasn;t shock, I knew there was a good chance it would happen, I just don't like it one bit from any angle. I'm not a pac fan really, I enjoy his fights, I also enjoy mayweather's fights, but I would have been rooting for pac had they signed the fight now, but if they do sign in the future I will now be rooting for mayweather. Although really when I watch a fight, outside of a few guys I'm always a fan of or rooting against, I generally just like to see the better man on the night win.

Get a Life????? this fight is meaningless. Antonio gets caught cheating, gets suspended and now he is going to fight Pac????? Tell me how this makes sense?????

Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Berto and Williams are all better options moron. BTW EPSN has been reporting it as confirmed and so has eastsideboxing. So sir and I say that very loosely why dont you get a life.

Agreed. This fight is rediculous. Will be entertaining though. And about Mike, He talks on here like his shit dont stink and thinks he knows everything.

i would rather see pac shut marquez up once and for all, but it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective because of how recently mayweather decisioned him. actually i think if pac went in there and knocked him out in two rounds maybe they would gain some leverage in negotiations

Pac should not be fighting Margarito. I don't think he should be allowed to fight after loading his gloves. That should be the death penalty for a boxing license as you could kill or permanently damage the other fighter. I think it is MUCH worse than popping positive for PED's or anything else I can really think of. He should have done time for it. Pinche f'ing puto can't win against Cotto without cheating. He does not deserve the purse he will get against Pac.

Wow, one of the biggest fucking cheaters around gets a shot at Pac. How the fuck do exactly sell this one?

Back