**** OFFICIAL PACQUIAO vs BRONER - JAN 19 - Fight Discussions/Spoilers ****

Who wins?

• Total voters
Good post.

I can't fecking stand Broner, but every time he fights someone decent I cringe thinking that he might land something out of the blue & then I'd have to live in a world where Adrien has beaten someone he didn't "naturally" outweigh by 15lbs in a meaningful fight. I don't think I'd ever get over it, TBH.

My fear here is that the law of probability will dictate that a guy who managed to eventually deck Shawn Porter with a single shot can surely land one flush at some point on a faded 40-year old pressure fighter, even if that faded 40 year old used to be a god. Like you said, I can see Manny rushing in & Broner landing one the old boy can't shake off.

But that's not gonna happen... Right?

Right?
I think that is exactly what's gonna happen. Pacman is gung ho, especially if he smells blood or feels like he has an edge. Everyone already knows, Marquez showed what you need to do. Wait on Manny, let him dictate, he will come to you, and that's when you drop the hammer.

I said it when the fight was announced, I'll say it again, Broner by KO

Not cause Im a Broner fan, the dude is a tool. The match-up, timing and seems like AB's hungry.
Imagine this for a sec guys. If AB had ever reached his potential based on his talent over the last 4-5 years, we'd be saying this was gonna be Pacman's retirement fight cause AB was gonna destroy him. He still has that talent.

I'll eat my crow if it doesn't happen, but I'll be surprised to see Broner win 3 rounds here.

Broner Brodies up in this bitch. AB gonna pull this out, I got a good feeling, also+300 is a nice line on him,imo, fan stuff aside. Quick get your Broner Brody Brotherhood applications in before he beats Pac bc me and @DeJulez are gonna make it much tougher to get accepted after he wins tonight and everyone wants to hop back on the Broner Bandwagon.

NEW OPPONENT FOR TONIGHT'S PAY-PER-VIEW OPENER

Press Release: Former WBC 122-pound title holder Hugo Ruiz (38-4) will now fight fellow Mexican Alberto Guevara (27-3, 12 KOs) in a ten-round featherweight match in the opening bout of Saturday’s Showtime pay-per-view telecast from Las Vegas. Guevara replaces Jhack Tepora of the Philippines, the WBA interim title holder at 126 pounds, because Tepora missed weight during Friday’s official weigh-in from the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The 28-year-old Guevara, of Mazatlan, Mexico, has won nine of his last 10 bouts and has recorded knockouts in each of his past three fights. Guevara weighed in at the featherweight limit of 126 pounds. His three losses came in two world title bids (Leo Santa Cruz and Shinsuke Yamanaka) and to Emanuel Rodriguez, who now holds the IBF 118-pound title.

m96jjd.jpg

does Broner only have two fans on sherdog

<DirkMavs>Lewlz !!

@DeJulez is prob Broner

And @BluntTrauma21 is his fat ass dad !!

maxresdefault.jpg

good to hear he's lost s bunch of weight.;)

I'm kind of feeling like an upset is possible here. Broner ain't shit but I personally didn't think Pac looked as good against Matthysse as everyone else did. The guy is 40, Broner might just land a good counter and sleep Pac.

I said it when the fight was announced, I'll say it again, Broner by KO

Not cause Im a Broner fan, the dude is a tool. The match-up, timing and seems like AB's hungry.
Imagine this for a sec guys. If AB had ever reached his potential based on his talent over the last 4-5 years, we'd be saying this was gonna be Pacman's retirement fight cause AB was gonna destroy him. He still has that talent.
Broner has reached his full potential. What we have seen from Broner has been his best. Tonights fight is going the distance. Broner wins via decision or it's a draw.

I do agree with everything you say about Broner. I just think Manny struggled with Horn, who is nothing much besides a pub brawler, and he beat Matthysse because Lucas was just a fucking corpse. Even if Broner is a disapointing machine, basically screwing up on any big night, he is a boxer, and he may have what it takes to beat 40 yrs old Manny. I want to make it perfectly clear that I do hate this thought. But I'm afraid hating it won't be enough to prevent it from happening.
He didn't struggle with Horn at all. You don't know what you're watching.

He didn't struggle with Horn at all. You don't know what you're watching.

Wait, what? You don't think he struggled with Horn? Are you thinking of a different fight?

I'm actually finding myself more interested in this fight than I thought I would be. Pretty good night of fights, actually.

I'm actually finding myself more interested in this fight than I thought I would be. Pretty good night of fights, actually.

I don’t think Broner will be that competitive but I’m still excited for it. It’s Pac against someone good - it should be fun and another good chance to see him before he inevitably rides off into the sunset.

I don’t think Broner will be that competitive but I’m still excited for it. It’s Pac against someone good - it should be fun and another good chance to see him before he inevitably rides off into the sunset.

I know that I shouldn't be expecting much from Broner, but Pacquiao is well passed it and was far from dominant against a guy who I think Broner beat fairly recently. The Oubaali/Warren and Jack/Browne fights are pretty intriguing, as well. I don't know a whole lot about Oubaali and I'm surprised to see him such a clear favourite over Warren.

Back