• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Helltide events/tree of whispers have good chances of dropping those.

Those are wt3 right? I'm still at wt2. I need this freaking aspect though I'm stuck in the game and it's mainly for the lack of energy.

Those are wt3 right? I'm still at wt2. I need this freaking aspect though I'm stuck in the game and it's mainly for the lack of energy.
Are you on PC?

If you want, add me to your friends list and we can hook up I can help you to WT3 and level up.

Blizzard ID

Mcubed#11311

I want to finish solo bro, my friend offered to help I declined

If you're lucky, there are helltide and tree of whisper events that can happen in the same area at the same time so you can basically farm cinders for mystery chest while you complete tree of mystery quests.

Nightmare dungeon is still the best for leveling, but I think helltide is more fun.

So I’m trying to go fire mage, I’m only level 35 but I can’t seem to find a way to sustain mana. I played chain lightning last season and had an over-abundance of mana regen that tied into my build well, fire seems to be the complete opposite when it comes to mana.

53 om my Necro. Pretty much just running Helltides and Nightmare Dungeons at the point.

So one of my season objectives is to open a Tortured Gift during a Helltide. I've opened plenty of chests but it's not doing anything. Am I missing something?

I haven't been playing that much but thankfully I finally hit 50 on my WW barb last night. Man he demolishes packs of trash and elites but single target boss dps is pretty crap.

Just hanging out in WT2 while doing quests, opening up the teleports and strongholds etc. Most of those are done and then I'll make sure I do all the dungeons to get the required aspects. I figured that I'll need to do this crap anyway if I want the skill points so I might as well do it to level so I can move to WT3/4 and not have to waste time doing this stuff.

Anyone else playing a barb?

So one of my season objectives is to open a Tortured Gift during a Helltide. I've opened plenty of chests but it's not doing anything. Am I missing something?

did you open a helltide mystery chest? I think one of the objectives is to open that specific chest

I think one of the problem with a very popular grindy game like D4 is that there are just tons and tons of information, what is the most powerful build, how to do x,y,z the fastest, how to gear yourself, etc... What ended up happening is if you follow those guides from the start, it makes the game really bland because it can get too easy until the very end when you push NMD to the limit, and the difficulty spike hits very suddenly. I noticed I am having a lot more fun doing what I want to do instead of just running endless NMD, and when I do, I don't do the most optimal fast one appropriate for my level, I pick one hard enough that I need to kite enemies, pay attention to life orb at all times, etc...

It will be the chest that cost 250 cinders, and won't show up on the mini map until you're pretty close. If you want to know where they are, you can just go to helltide.com and it will tell you when helltide event is available and where is the mystery chest.

Last edited:
I think one of the problem with a very popular grindy game like D4 is that there are just tons and tons of information, what is the most powerful build, how to do x,y,z the fastest, how to gear yourself, etc... What ended up happening is if you follow those guides from the start, it makes the game really bland because it can get too easy until the very end when you push NMD to the limit, and the difficulty spike hits very suddenly. I noticed I am having a lot more fun doing what I want to do instead of just running endless NMD, and when I do, I don't do the most optimal fast one appropriate for my level, I pick one hard enough that I need to kite enemies, pay attention to life orb at all times, etc...

It will be the chest that cost 250 cinders, and won't show up on the mini map until you're pretty close. If you want to know where they are, you can just go to helltide.com and it will tell you when helltide event is available and where is the mystery chest.
100% agreed on the top part of this post. I had a lot of fun experimenting with my build and playing the way I want to play. I found that some stuff worked really well for my playstyle and some stuff that didn't. I am sure that if I posted the full details of my build some people might criticize it and claim I am not getting max DPS or whatever but I don't really care. I found something that works for me on my own through my own experimentation and it has carried me through the endgame

Is it just me or are WW barbs stupidly OP?

I did the first jump to WT3 and because of the extra rep and points maxing out that I got, I'm wrecking shit even harder in WT3. I wonder if I should just try to do the jump to WT4 at lvl 52... or maybe not yet but could probably do the required dungeon for it.

Hit level 60 on my Necro. Bouncing between Nighmare Dungeons and Rep Grinding right now.

Hit level 60 on my Necro. Bouncing between Nighmare Dungeons and Rep Grinding right now.

Nice. How is the necro post nerf? I haven't logged into my main since the start of the season.

Nice. How is the necro post nerf? I haven't logged into my main since the start of the season.
I haven't had any problems so far. Bone Spear is still ridiculous good and it's getting even better since I got my second paragon board with the Bone Crit and Essence gains unlocked.

I mean he’s right lol. For the most part playing on standard mode it’s not really a skill game. But that’s ok because that’s what makes it fun for a lot of people (including myself). A lot of deaths are from just visual clutter or too many affixes going off with a lack of CC breaking options. And also with the lag and online-always status of the game I can see why most people would just avoid hardcore altogether.

I mean he’s right lol. For the most part playing on standard mode it’s not really a skill game. But that’s ok because that’s what makes it fun for a lot of people (including myself). A lot of deaths are from just visual clutter or too many affixes going off with a lack of CC breaking options. And also with the lag and online-always status of the game I can see why most people would just avoid hardcore altogether.

Don't forget getting shot from outside of the screen. Total BS.

Back