• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
You aren't supposed to lose your altars and unlocked map regions renown pts. When was the last time you check in with your main toon (non-season)? You were supposed to load up non-seasonal toon game and let it update and synch your progress before you start a new seasonal toon.
That must be it. Thank you for this, I'll check tonight.

I still feel like the wind has largely been taken out of my sails for Diablo. I actually am looking for ways to play the original (I have the original game, but hilariously enough my current PC has no disc drive)

That must be it. Thank you for this, I'll check tonight.

I still feel like the wind has largely been taken out of my sails for Diablo. I actually am looking for ways to play the original (I have the original game, but hilariously enough my current PC has no disc drive)
https://www.gog.com/en/game/diablo download it from here with expansion or you could also torrent it

I started the season and everything is reset, including altars, unless I'm completely mistaken. Regardless, all region reward levels are gone so no skillpoints upon character creation.

I went from doubting Blizzard, to being elated at how this game seemed, to being utterly disappointed with their incompetence. That interview with those three guys looking down at their shoelaces the entire time was hilarious.
"Why did you lengthen casting time for town portal?"
"Yeah well... that is, uh... that is something we can look at. It wasn't a huge change... um... anyway next question."

Although it was infuriating, I would sincerely doubt this was their personal fault. Also they're getting orders from people who are talking to shareholders and investors, who have no idea what makes a game fun. And all the wrath of gamers is pointed at whatever face Blizzard puts up on the screen. Wouldn't surprise me if they're all hanging from crosses on their next roundtable interview or whatever they're called

Um dude, that's not right. You should have all the areas you've seen on your main visible, access to the horse and if you go to the map and click on the different areas you can immediately claim the first three levels of Rep with the different areas unlocking a bunch of gold and rep.

Did you log in with your main after the patch before starting a new seasonal character?

What is the best rogue core skill? I'm using penetrating shot with combo points

What is the best rogue core skill? I'm using penetrating shot with combo points
Penetrating shot is great for fighting from a distance- it works best with trickshot and if you are able to effectively line mobs up within its area of effect. I use this in my main Rogue build

I have used Twisting blades and barrage in my seasonal Rogue build- this is best for getting in close and brawling.

I only used rapid fire for a very short while, I feel like it can deplete resource rapidly. Havent tried flurry.

The answer depends on how you'd like to play I suppose. Want to get in close? Twisting blades. Want to get close but not too close? Barrage. Want to fire off powerful arrows from far away? Penetrating shot.

Whatever you decide- use poison traps. Best trap ability by far

Penetrating shot is great for fighting from a distance- it works best with trickshot and if you are able to effectively line mobs up within its area of effect. I use this in my main Rogue build

I have used Twisting blades and barrage in my seasonal Rogue build- this is best for getting in close and brawling.

I only used rapid fire for a very short while, I feel like it can deplete resource rapidly. Havent tried flurry.

The answer depends on how you'd like to play I suppose. Want to get in close? Twisting blades. Want to get close but not too close? Barrage. Want to fire off powerful arrows from far away? Penetrating shot.

Whatever you decide- use poison traps. Best trap ability by far
I'm running forceful arrow with penetrating shot, I couldn't find trick shot, which one is it?

I'm running forceful arrow with penetrating shot, I couldn't find trick shot, which one is it?
It is a legendary apsect that splits off arrows to the sides. Put it on your bow for 2x damage or amulet for 1.5x

This is a must for a penetrating shot build. The extra arrows will have any imbuements you put on it.

Dont forget poison traps

13d3f398-pen-shot-image-for-rogue-build.jpg

Can somebody explains “seasons” and why should I want to partake in making a seasonal character?

It is a legendary apsect that splits off arrows to the sides. Put it on your bow for 2x damage or amulet for 1.5x

This is a must for a penetrating shot build. The extra arrows will have any imbuements you put on it.

Dont forget poison traps

13d3f398-pen-shot-image-for-rogue-build.jpg
I'm under leveled by 5 but I will try to clear that dungeon, what happens if I salvage the weapon with the aspect on it? also I don't know how to remove the gems after I assign them to a weapon so I'm losing them after I salvage them.

thanks for the help sherbro

I'm under leveled by 5 but I will try to clear that dungeon, what happens if I salvage the weapon with the aspect on it? also I don't know how to remove the gems after I assign them to a weapon so I'm losing them after I salvage them.

you should be getting gems back after salvage.

If you salvage a weapon with a gem it will return the gem to your inventory. If you don't want to salvage the weapon you can go to the gem vendor and unsocket the gem you want to take out- but it will cost gold.

Once you clear the dungeon for the trickshot aspect, the aspect will be added to your codex and then you can use it for as long as you wish- there is no limit as to many times you can imprint it. The caveat to that is that the codex version of the aspect is the lowest ranked version of the aspect. There will be legendary drops with aspects with higher ratings- those are the ones you want to use carefully, as they can be either kept on the item they were originally on, OR be extracted and imprinted on another item of your choice, but you can only do this once per aspect. After that you cannot transfer it anymore.

In simplest terms- in the case of trickshot, I'd recommend clearing the dungeon that has it so you can add it to your codex, then imprinting it on whatever you wish at the occultist. The codex version will let your split arrows do 10% of the base damage of your penetrating shot. Then be on the lookout for legendary drops that have this same aspect- as this aspect can have the split arrow damage range anywhere from 10-25% (20-50% if it is on a bow, and 15-37% if on an amulet). So for instance you can put the codex aspect at 10% damage on your bow, which will give you the 2x boost so it'll actually be 20%. In the wild you may find a pair of gloves that has the penetrating shot aspect with 20% damage, but you can extract that aspect and put it on your bow to have your side arrows do 40% damage because you will get the 2x boost.

This website has some good info on aspects for each class, where to find them, and tips on gambling at the vendor of curiosities so you can spend your obols to try to get the legendary aspect you want.

https://diablo4.life/tools/gambling

Can somebody explains “seasons” and why should I want to partake in making a seasonal character?
There are a handful of new aspects for each class, a new quest line, and the malignant heart mechanic which works very similar to the legendary gem mechanic from Diablo 3. Essentially the hearts work like a legendary aspect for your jewelry- some of which are very creative and useful.

In the case of the Rogue you can earn an aspect for your codex that adds poison to your puncture basic skill after completing a set of objectives. This aspect is a game changer as you can basically easily poison anything now without having to use traps or any skills that have a cooldown. Other classes have other new aspects as well- and as you keep progressing the quest and completing objectives they keep providing rewards including more brand new aspects and gear. The battle pass is basically all cosmetic stuff.

I am hoping they make the malignant hearts permanent.

If you salvage a weapon with a gem it will return the gem to your inventory. If you don't want to salvage the weapon you can go to the gem vendor and unsocket the gem you want to take out- but it will cost gold.

Once you clear the dungeon for the trickshot aspect, the aspect will be added to your codex and then you can use it for as long as you wish- there is no limit as to many times you can imprint it. The caveat to that is that the codex version of the aspect is the lowest ranked version of the aspect. There will be legendary drops with aspects with higher ratings- those are the ones you want to use carefully, as they can be either kept on the item they were originally on, OR be extracted and imprinted on another item of your choice, but you can only do this once per aspect. After that you cannot transfer it anymore.

In simplest terms- in the case of trickshot, I'd recommend clearing the dungeon that has it so you can add it to your codex, then imprinting it on whatever you wish at the occultist. The codex version will let your split arrows do 10% of the base damage of your penetrating shot. Then be on the lookout for legendary drops that have this same aspect- as this aspect can have the split arrow damage range anywhere from 10-25% (20-50% if it is on a bow, and 15-37% if on an amulet). So for instance you can put the codex aspect at 10% damage on your bow, which will give you the 2x boost so it'll actually be 20%. In the wild you may find a pair of gloves that has the penetrating shot aspect with 20% damage, but you can extract that aspect and put it on your bow to have your side arrows do 40% damage because you will get the 2x boost.

This website has some good info on aspects for each class, where to find them, and tips on gambling at the vendor of curiosities so you can spend your obols to try to get the legendary aspect you want.

https://diablo4.life/tools/gambling
Thanks for the tips, going back to something you said earlier I'm not running poison imbuement, instead I have the caltrops with chill effect added and also running frigid finesse and chilling weight for added damage, what do you think?

Edit I adjusted so I don't have any knife skills I almost never used it anyway, figured poison imbuement is better

Last edited:
Have started the season 6 times. Finally decided to go rogue and do the story again.:eek::eek::eek:

Have her up to level 12.

1. Traps and caltrops are great for mobs but against bosses they seam useless. Bosses just walk through both. Help?

2. Having only 5 skill slots really limits how to play this class. I cannot have effective long and short range techniques at the same time. Ideas?

3. Do you get the bonuses from melee weapons on rogue even if you never use melee? I have two daggers that are cool but I'm ranged exclusively at this point.

Last edited:
I see what people mean by the sorc being under powered. Playing only it I thought other than mana limits it seems pretty good. Now that I see how rogue stuff stacks I can't believe how unfortunate sorc is.

Laughing like a fool at the knockdown effect of traps. So stupid. So awesome.

Thanks for the tips, going back to something you said earlier I'm not running poison imbuement, instead I have the caltrops with chill effect added and also running frigid finesse and chilling weight for added damage, what do you think?

Edit I adjusted so I don't have any knife skills I almost never used it anyway, figured poison imbuement is better
Haha ok

I did say poison traps but you cant really go wrong with poison imbuement as well.

The poison traps are way better than caltrops for the damage over time and they will make weaker enemies stumble. Plus in the endgame/paragon there are whole boards dedicated to buffing traps and imbuements. Caltrops don't really do anything to bosses either, but at least the poison traps do damage over time.

Have started the season 6 times. Finally decided to go rogue and do the story again.:eek::eek::eek:

Have her up to level 12.

1. Traps and caltrops are great for mobs but against bosses they seam useless. Bosses just walk through both. Help?

2. Having only 5 skill slots really limits how to play this class. I cannot have effective long and short range techniques at the same time. Ideas?

3. Do you get the bonuses from melee weapons on rogue even if you never use melee? I have two daggers that are cool but I'm ranged exclusively at this point.

Welcome

1 Poison traps will do damage over time to bosses. Caltrops won't do anything to bosses. Poison traps will also knock down weaker enemies and even a lot of elites- the passives attached to that skill are key, and once you get into paragon traps can become an essential part of gameplay as you will get damage bonuses to enemies affected by traps. In the season there is a malignant heart that will turn your poison trap into a bomb as well that deals shadow damage on top of the poison damage.

2 There are 6 skill slots.. And yes, you can have effective long range and short range techniques. If you do 2 core skills you can do twisting blades or flurry for short range, penetrating shot, barrage, or rapid fire for long range. For the basic skill Puncture is the best imo- do the passive that throws three at a time and makes enemies vulnerable (and in the season you can earn a legendary aspect that poisons this skill). This skill is effective for combo points, making guys vulnerable, and is effective at both short and medium range.

3 Yes- puncture, while a ranged skill technically, is directly tied to the daggers you are using. Puncture + condemnation unique dagger + combo points specialization is a GREAT combination as it will not only do decent damage, it will reliably buff your core skills when you use them.

Although you didn't ask, shadow step is a great skill to have- it'll let you get behind enemies AND make you unstoppable. Rogues can die quickly if they are frozen, slowed or blocked in. Shadow step cancels that out and will save you from death.

Haha ok

I did say poison traps but you cant really go wrong with poison imbuement as well.

The poison traps are way better than caltrops for the damage over time and they will make weaker enemies stumble. Plus in the endgame/paragon there are whole boards dedicated to buffing traps and imbuements. Caltrops don't really do anything to bosses either, but at least the poison traps do damage over time.

I have both traps it's very useful against hordes. They get poisoned and frozen at the same time then I hit them with the imbuement.

endgame for rogues are either twisting blades, barrage, or a poison death trap. ive tried barrage with shadow imbuement and its nice but i feel way too squishy. i havent tried death trap yet. thinking about going back to twisting blades.

currently level 53/54. skipped campaign. should probably get my renown up for the paragon points and then farm NMD.

current rotation to level up is legions, helltides, NMD. already getting burnt out a week in.

fighting the world boss last week was comical tho. wasnt able to finally beat him until this weekend

I messed up maaaaan, I imprinted aspect on a weapon that already had a really good aspect wtf, anyway I can salvage the old aspect.

Back