***Official 2016 NBA Offseason Thread V 5.0 - Bern Gets Paid***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derozan and Lowry also had a long yoff run, probably still tired. DeBrick's game isn't really well suited for the international play, but Lowry will heat up when the games actually matter.

lol @ probably still tired... these are professional athletes and you think they are tired!?

Derozan has been much better than Lowry these Olympics, then again it's hard to be as bad as Lowry has been so far.

I just like Conley more as a point guard, he's younger as well. Overpaid as shit now tho.

lol @ probably still tired... these are professional athletes and you think they are tired!?

Derozan has been much better than Lowry these Olympics, then again it's hard to be as bad as Lowry has been so far.

I just like Conley more as a point guard, he's younger as well. Overpaid as shit now tho.

you don't think professional athletes get tired? then why do so many coaches rest their players or limit minutes on a B2B?

Both Lowry and Derozan were top 10 in minutes played last year, Casey rode them hard. Both play a physical style and had a long grueling yoff run, so yeah, I'd say there's a chance both are tired or banged up.

lol @ tired. Kyrie had a longer playoff run and he looks good.

you don't think professional athletes get tired? then why do so many coaches rest their players or limit minutes on a B2B?

Both Lowry and Derozan were top 10 in minutes played last year, Casey rode them hard. Both play a physical style and had a long grueling yoff run, so yeah, I'd say there's a chance both are tired or banged up.

Because it's a back to back... you're suggesting that because they played playoff games in May that they are still taxed now in August lol... 2/3 days max is the most any of them need to recover unless they are injured.

Harden, LBJ, Paul, Love etc all sat to rest. And yeah both Lowry and Derozan were injured during the yoff run, it's possible they still aren't 100%.

Guys like Demar and Lowry will never get another crack at team USA in the olympics and they know that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they took the spot knowing they wouldn't be 100%.

and Klay Thompson has had ONE good game..lmao. Other than that he's been worse than Derozan. No playmakers without Paul and LBJ, no leadership, Lowry and Derozan the least of Team USA's problems.

Most of those guys sat out due to injury/zika/old age.

I honestly don't want to listen to a Canadicans reasons for why Team USA sucks, especially when they thought that Canadia had a chance at making this tourney.

Ghey is also a lot better than Derozcan, he actually plays D and is a 3pt threat.

Ghey is also a lot better than Derozcan, he actually plays D and is a 3pt threat.

better than Derozan, but def wasn't showing it before you guys BARELY beat France.

Canada lost to a France team with Tony Parker in the last chance qualifying tourney, kept it close tho and without a lot of our best players. 2020 it will be a wrap, gold medal or bust for Wiggy and the crew.

Ghey still spaces the floor by being out there and you didn't address his D which eMar does not have.

Canadia isn't in this tourney because it lost to Venezuela LMAO

2020 it will be a wrap, gold medal or bust for Wiggy and the crew.

2020 it will be a wrap, gold medal or bust for Wiggy and the crew

2020 it will be a wrap, gold medal or bust for Wiggy and the crew..

xsuaC24k0L5EQ.gif

PMxSMgegOkoM0.gif

LrC1m7Ay3xsha.gif

Just did some quick research and BOOK, Hardcan, Dumbond, and Leonard are the only ones who declined because "rest". Everyone else was dealing with an injury or in Koobs case retired.

Ghey still spaces the floor by being out there and you didn't address his D which eMar does not have.

Canadia isn't in this tourney because it lost to Venezuela LMAO

but did anyone expect Demar to be anything special? we all knew he couldn't shoot the 3 ball, bad D, not a great playmaker, etc. Relies heavily on the mid range game and drawing fouls, obviously hasn't translated well so far.

Kyle will step it up here in the next few games when it matters most, just like he did in May. No doubt in my mind.

Derozan and Lowry also had a long yoff run, probably still tired. DeBrick's game isn't really well suited for the international play either, but Lowry will heat up when the games actually matter.
which is weird, but b/c last FIBA, harden pretty much led the team and wasn't getting any calls. he somehow adjusted his game to INTL rules quickly, and then went right back to his old ways back in the US

fucker

Coach K fucking sucks

Pop should be handed the reins immediately.
Dude is seriously incompetent. He's spoiled from getting like 2-3 top-10/5 recruits every year. And having an elite team of assistants for a college team.

First of all he's a big pussy and is scared to have the team practice much at all in case of injuries so they have no cohesion.

And what the fuck is he doing not playing Draymond for an entire half if their defense is shit? Why even select Harrison Barnes if you're not going to play him? The team he put together and the line-ups he plays are moronic, like Anthony at center lmao.

And is the entire offensive strategy just having one guy iso every time up the floor?

Also laughing my ass of at "defensive genius" Tom Thibadou or however you spell it who can't even get a team of all stars to be competent against Serbia.

Timberwolves missing the yoffs again confirmed.

yet somehow he had Austin f'n Rivers and Sheldon Williams looking like relative studs at Duke....

how does he do it, the world will never know

yet somehow he had Austin f'n Rivers and Sheldon Williams looking like relative studs at Duke....

how does he do it, the world will never know

I'm sure Coach K is a great coach, hard to think otherwise considering his resume and how he's regarded by his peers.

But "relative studs" in college regularly go on to be forgettable pros... happens all the time.

Remember Sean May? Total college beast, absolute shit pro.

Also consider that he isn't a coach for pros, he is a guru for amateurs trying to go pro. He services a purpose in the great system of The Beautiful Game, but it should be no surprise that he absolutely sucks.

Krzyzewski is essentially the blackbelt master of a Karate McDojo, trying to train Top UFC fighters.

the real value in McDojo is not the martial arts training, it's in the babysitting

child care is expensive and hard to find, if kids are in an afters-chool mcdojo there are a lot worse things to be in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back