Obama renames (reverts) Mount McKinley, our highest mountain.

Probably more to do with people thinking he is under minding past presidents and under minding founding fathers to appease..whoever. Atleast that's the drift i got from a little bit of conservative radio earlier. Talking about removing Hamilton from the 10 dollar bill(though im not sure that's Obama), another thing about removing Thomas Jefferson's name from something(can't remember what), and now removing McKinley's name from this mountain in order to appease, whoever.

It's not a big deal, but Obama seems to donate a lot of his time to things that aren't a big deal.

You seem to know your shit (I think, not sure where I heard it)

And seriously, you cant figure out what people the name change is meant to appease?

Shameless pandering

10pvbip.png

Last edited:
So not very many, then?

Actually, the largest group of people, other than Alaskans (who also want the name change) that refer to the mountain as anything other than a factoid in a grade school geography quiz.

People who have been in, on or about the mountain's presence for more than a week's time all call it Denali. If the closest you've ever been to the mountain is a picture in your geography book, you likely call it Mt. McKinley.

It's amusing to me how quickly and how eager people are to be offended when the PC shoe is on the other foot.

It's amusing to me how quickly and how eager people are to be offended when the PC shoe is on the other foot.

so now y'all have changed the meaning of pc?

Yeah, okay. I guess even the birth certificate wasn't enough for brainiacs like you.

Really hope Ben Carson doesn't get elected. I have it on the same authority that he hails from the DRC.

BRB, visiting my home country in Germany.

hahah, don't waste your breath, he uses religion as his cover.

Jesus forgives him for hating everyone not being like him.

I love how ppl throw 'racist' around like it's a hot coal that singes everything it touches.
libs love labels. hm, might have a brand right there. "LIBS LOVE LABELS!"
but really, libs love to label the shit out of society, thereby marginalizing whatever viewpoint they disagree with.
"Oh, him? He's a racist" or "He's a homophobe."
Their opinion is immediately rendered irrelevant and unimportant.

You seem to know your shit (I think, not sure where I heard it)

And seriously, you cant figure out what people the name change is meant to appease?

I know all about it. I was responding to a post asking what the feeling about this was. Why it might be seen as a big deal or what the right was using to fill air time on the topic. I was just summarizing what i was hearing from political pundits on this very topic earlier today.

Anyway, thoughtful reply to my post. I think. Not sure.

I love how ppl throw 'racist' around like it's a hot coal that singes everything it touches.
but really, libs love to label the shit out of society, thereby marginalizing whatever viewpoint they disagree with.

Sadly, that's their MO.

Yep. The word will completely lose it's power as well. You already hear them say "it's like calling someone a racist is worse than being a racist these days" not realizing that their, well, liberal usage of the buzzword is typically thrown out without any just cause. Of course there is going to be some blowback when the word is trotted out whenever somebody tried to have an honest, statistical, and critical discussion on race issues...or they trot it out when the discussion is on a completely different subject and then the ulterior motive for your position is racism, or a phobia. If you want a word to have the power that "racist" still has for now, you better be able to use it responsibly. Every generation of liberals eventually become a parody of themselves though...and they beat their buzzwords to death.

Last edited:
Its a big issue here in AK. It has always been known as Denali. Alaskans have been fighting to get the name Officially changed back for years, only to be blocked from politicians from mainly Ohio.

Maybe you f***ing morons should read the paper once in a while. The reasons and politics behind this name change are pretty obvious. I'm sure if you were really interested in being educated on the issue you could find some information by Googling it.

Lets change the school curriculum to downplay the accomplishments of our founding fathers, calling them racists.
Lets take presidents off of our currency and replace them with Harriet Tubman
Lets take their names off mountains and give them American Indian names. ( i realize that was what the Indians called it)

I cant wait for this guy to be a distant memory. Along with all is policies.

lol they were racists they owned slaves...

seems like you have issues with indigenous peoples and other races IMO but you just loveeeeee pitbulls? i bet you blame the world for keeping you down also

Maybe you f***ing morons should read the paper once in a while. The reasons and politics behind this name change are pretty obvious. I'm sure if you were really interested in being educated on the issue you could find some information by Googling it.

Well shit, why don't you just tell us what's going on if it's so obvious?

Well shit, why don't you just tell us what's going on if it's so obvious?

Because I shouldn't have to waste my time copying and pasting some information that was in the front page of todays newspaper. By all means keep letting anonymous forum posters spoon feed you their talking points without vetting them.

The central Alaska mountain has officially been called Mount McKinley for almost a century. In announcing that Sally Jewell, the secretary of the interior, had used her power to rename it, Mr. Obama was paying tribute to the state

Because I shouldn't have to waste my time copying and pasting some information that was in the front page of todays newspaper. By all means keep letting anonymous forum posters spoon feed you their talking points without vetting them.

Because you're an idiot.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150830/mckinley-no-more-americas-tallest-peak-be-renamed-denali

The tallest mountain in North America has long been known to Alaskans as Denali, its Koyukon Athabascan name, but its official name was not changed with the creation of Denali National Park and Preserve in 1980, 6 million acres carved out for federal protection under the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act. The state changed the name of the park’s tallest mountain to Denali at that time, but the federal government did not.

I'll be glad to see what your "newspaper" says.

Back