Obama holding emergency conference about russian hackers

It's great how the only burden of proof required by the right is "seems" and "feels"... meanwhile the entire intelligence community, republicans, democrats, and private security firms aren't enough to convince you that Russia has hacked us YET AGAIN.

No, the entire intelligence community has not. Klapper made a statement about wikileaks, which he backtracked. And the rest comes from the Washington Post's unnamed sources. That's it. That's not enough to base policy on. Obama should be demanding official statements from the CIA, FBI, and others before he takes anything written in the newspaper seriously. This is all democrat butthurt over losing the election. Rather than blame themselves for using fucking gmail, they're blaming the Russians. It would be laughable were it not so deadly serious.

No, the entire intelligence community has not. Klapper made a statement about wikileaks, which he backtracked. And the rest comes from the Washington Post's unnamed sources. That's it. That's not enough to base policy on. Obama should be demanding official statements from the CIA, FBI, and others before he takes anything written in the newspaper seriously. This is all democrat butthurt over losing the election. Rather than blame themselves for using gmail, they're blaming the Russians. It would be laughable were it not so deadly serious.

So to be clear here...

The Washington Post made a completely fabricated article that is contrary to the actual opinions of John Brennan, James Clapper, and James Comey.

And despite this contradiction when asked to comment they declined and let the article be published as is.

That's your stance?

hi again Tep,

just got home from my daily labor.

i think the history books will note that this was the first Presidential election in US history that was compromised by cyberespionage (though who knows how it will be presented in Texas), and i don't see anything wrong with that.

there will be Democrats who will feel they were cheated in regards to the reality that they'll never know to what degree the Russian cyberespionage deflated voter turnout, and i don't see anything wrong with that, just as there are supporters of Bernie Sanders who feel that they were cheated out of knowing how the race vs Mrs. Clinton would have turned out if the DNC hadn't of colluded with the Clinton campaign.

am i saying that Mr. Trump wouldn't have won anyway, with or without the cyberespionage? no, not at all....just i feel as a Sanders supporter that its impossible to gauge the effect of the DNC's collusion with the Clinton camp - maybe Mrs. Clinton would have beaten Mr. Sanders anyway, you know?

it just seems reasonable, though, to be kind of vexed by it all if your candidate was on the losing side of these contests...and i've said several times in this thread, whether you're a democrat or a republican, the intrusion of the Russians into this recent election via their cyberespionage should be troubling to all Americans.

- IGIT
Democrats have every right to feel bad their candidate lost. I do believe they've taken the disappointment of that loss to absurd extremes. What's disappointing is that for a bit there it looked like at least some of the liberal media were truly interested in looking objectively at the underlying reasons they lost. He'll even Moore was trying to drive some of why they lost home.

All of the drama around the email hacks has pretty much killed those discussions and momentum for the time being at least. It's also added fuel to fire for calls to electors to faithless vote and encouraged rabid liberals and celebrities to double down on the rhetoric to keep an antagonistic hostile approach to Trump during his presidency. That's advocating maintaining devisiveness.

I really don't believe if Hillary had won you would have seen such an over reaction from conservatives and Republicans. Oh, there would have been bitching to be sure but we're used to losing and seeing our concerns pushed into smaller and smaller corners. We developed bunker mentalities in that regard.

So to be clear here...

The Washington Post made a completely fabricated article that is contrary to the actual opinions of John Brennan, James Clapper, and James Comey.

And despite this contradiction when asked to comment they declined and let the article be published as is.

That's your stance?

The Washington Post may believe their source. Their source may have had any number of layers of hearsay from an ultimate source who may have fabricated a report knowing that the CIA and FBI do not comment on news articles. An anonymous report to the newspaper should not be accepted as an official statement.

Russia is not Iraq, Afghanistan or Somalia.....America really need to be careful here. These people are super tough

It's great how the only burden of proof required by the right is "seems" and "feels"... meanwhile the entire intelligence community, republicans, democrats, and private security firms aren't enough to convince you that Russia has hacked us YET AGAIN.

Lol

heya TCK,

i don't know what media you follow, so i can't really comment on that.

i do know that Democrats in Mr. Obama's cabinet do not feel that Russia is a country we can't work with, as evidenced by the embargo that Sec of State Clinton arranged with the P5+1 to force Iran to the negotiating table.

in regards to how the Republicans feel, lol...they ripped Mr. Obama pretty hard for not doing "something" about Russia's annexation of Crimea.

- IGIT

OK igit

The Washington Post may believe their source. Their source may have had any number of layers of hearsay from an ultimate source who may have fabricated a report knowing that the CIA and FBI do not comment on news articles. An anonymous report to the newspaper should not be accepted as an official statement.

So when asked to comment why didn't James Comey, James Clapper, or John Brennan deny the report if it wasn't true?

All three of them also went out and let Obama say the same thing.. why didn't they stop him if that isn't what they believed? Do you expect me to believe that Obama didn't consult them before he gave this speech?

A civil war is preferable to the cabinet Trump has selected.

He's planning on drowning the planet via greenhouse gasses and climate change. The future of the earth is at stake.

It's miraculous just how quickly not one, not two, not three....but 17 intelligence agencies worked to come to the same conclusion. Trump already bringing out the best efficiency of these bureaucratic organizations.

And for fucks sake, stop saying Russia hacked our election. Releasing phished emails is a far cry from actually gaining access to voting machines and changing votes.

A civil war is preferable to the cabinet Trump has selected.

He's planning on drowning the planet via greenhouse gasses and climate change. The future of the earth is at stake.

Ah yes. Elon Musk. The pro fossil fuels guru if course

So when asked to comment why didn't James Comey, James Clapper, or John Brennan deny the report if it wasn't true?

All three of them also went out and let Obama say the same thing.. why didn't they stop him if that isn't what they believed? Do you expect me to believe that Obama didn't consult them before he gave this speech?

They did not comment, confirm, or deny the report. Obama is a democrat and the democrats are throwing a hail mary to steal this election away from trump. Yes they are that crazy.

If you believe the Washington Post's article today, then tell me you still believe this article from February 2003, a month before the invasion of Iraq: Irrefutable "AFTER SECRETARY OF STATE Colin L. Powell's presentation to the United Nations Security Council yesterday, it is hard to imagine how anyone could doubt that Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction."

Last edited:
They did not comment, confirm, or deny the report. Obama is a democrat and the democrats are throwing a hail mary to steal this election away from trump. Yes they are that crazy.

If you believe the Washington Post's article today, then tell me you still believe this article from February 2003, a month before the invasion of Iraq: Irrefutable "AFTER SECRETARY OF STATE Colin L. Powell's presentation to the United Nations Security Council yesterday, it is hard to imagine how anyone could doubt that Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction."

Whatever have to tell yourself.. let me ask you this question.

Edward Snowden.

Do you believe what he leaked was accurate?

"Hillary Clinton was treated unfairly in the media."

We-are-laughing-GIF.gif

So you believe that our government has the capability to monitor all internet traffic at least in our nation, if not the entire world... but you don't think we could accurately trace a route back?

So you believe that our government has the capability to monitor all internet traffic at least in our nation, if not the entire world... but you don't think we could accurately trace a route back?

Do you not believe hackers could create a false route? Do you not think that the US government, who has proven to be retarded in these matters could fall for it?

Do you not believe hackers could create a false route? Do you not think that the US government, who has proven to be retarded in these matters could fall for it?

I believe that a government capable of creating a piece of work like Stuxnet, widely regarded across the security world as a near perfect piece of coding and product of immense levels of expertise, tracing a route is child's play.

And if you think otherwise you're probably a child or child-like at least.

Like me just get your position straight.

You believe that the NSA is masterminding a worldwide data monitoring and cyber-espionage system while simultaneously being proven "retarded in these matters", correct?

It's miraculous just how quickly not one, not two, not three....but 17 intelligence agencies worked to come to the same conclusion. Trump already bringing out the best efficiency of these bureaucratic organizations.

And for fucks sake, stop saying Russia hacked our election. Releasing phished emails is a far cry from actually gaining access to voting machines and changing votes.

I think alot of people including myself were under the impression Putin hacked the machines.

I believe that a government capable of creating a piece of work like Stuxnet, widely regarded across the security world as a near perfect piece of coding and product of immense levels of expertise, tracing a route is child's play.

And if you think otherwise you're probably a child or child-like at least.

LOL @ the contradiction.

Were talking about a lack of security that allowed this to happen, but at the same time you want to praise them for being airtight in their diligence to track the source.

They can't stop the attack, but they can sure as hell trace them to a 100% certainty.

You're a clown.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back