Obama holding emergency conference about russian hackers

Phishing is a form of cyber attack?

Sometimes the simplest tool is still the best tool.

Bruteforcing passwords is hard and takes a lot of time and computing power.

Yeah I guess it can be. It's funny though when I think of 'Russian cyber attacks' I don't think of getting users to click on a fake link and enter their password. Simple yet effective!

And if it was his gmail account then that also isn't what I think of when I think 'Hacks the DNC'

Yeah I guess it can be. It's funny though when I think of 'Russian cyber attacks' I don't think of getting users to click on a fake link and enter their password. Simple yet effective!

And if it was his gmail account then that also isn't what I think of when I think 'Hacks the DNC'

It not only is a form of cyber attack, it's the most common and most successful.

It's much easier to be told the password than to guess it.

But they didn't just compromise Podesta's emails.. they've been monitoring attacks of Russia origin since 2015... it's just that only the Podesta and DNC emails actually made it out to Wikileaks.

Yeah, it's the Podesta emails that the fuss is about specifically, because that is like you say, what was posted to Wikileaks.

I'm sure various hacking attempts are monitored on a regular basis from all over the world.

No, my position is that once you get into the hacking level of global data traffic monitoring and creating cyber weapons like Stuxnet, you've got the route tracing thing figured out pretty well.

You can't say that with any sort of certainty, and neither can the US government.

You say they have route tracing figured out. Sophisticated hackers would laugh at that statement, because it's impossible in the ever evolving world of cyber espionage to have anything truly "figured out".

The DNC, and it's IT experts got fooled by a fucking phishing scam, and you're going to talk about how sophisticated and foolproof their systems are? Neat.

You can't say that with any sort of certainty, and neither can the US government.

You say they have route tracing figured out. Sophisticated hackers would laugh at that statement, because it's impossible in the ever evolving world of cyber espionage to have anything truly "figured out".

The DNC, and it's IT experts got fooled by a fucking phishing scam, and you're going to talk about how sophisticated and foolproof their systems are? Neat.

I just did.

I am certain that is my position.

I don't believe a government capable of monitoring on the scale the NSA is also incapable of using that data when required.

I don't believe a government capable of creating a complex cyber weapon like Stuxnet isn't and least neck and neck, if not superior, to the world's most sophisticated hackers.

I don't believe a government capable of creating a complex cyber weapon like Stuxnet isn't and least neck and neck, if not superior, to the world's most sophisticated hackers.

And yet, here we are. Talking about how the government was hacked, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it.

LOL.

You suck.

And yet, here we are. Talking about how the government was hacked, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it.

LOL.

You suck.

They didn't do a damn thing about it except watch the whole time and trace it back to it's origin, you're right.

lol. Sure thing Hussein. One day it's the racism of the non college educated white male, next day it's Comey, then voter supression, then white males, then fake news, then Russia, then white males again.

You will never hear them blame themselves though. Damn sure won't hear that from the agitator in cheif. You ought to be scared shitless if you're a Democrat who did not vote for Hillary- they are letting you know right here, right now that nothing is going to change in the party. That's really all this is about

I think the only hacks were phishing attempts or via her illegal private server.

Seth rich released the dnc emails before he got murdered.

So you believe that our government has the capability to monitor all internet traffic at least in our nation, if not the entire world... but you don't think we could accurately trace a route back?

There is a reason why people don't "hack" back attackers of their network. The IP's are usually spoofed and proxy chained from different countries. Add VPN's , TOR onion routing it is hard to find the exact source of an attack / malware / hacker / cracker.

WTF. In what way did Russia 'hack' the election?
Did they fuck with Soros' voting machines?

Wasn't there a recent article about how we have or could 'hack' Russia which is fucking retarded to say publicly.

Obama blamed the media for being unfair to Hilary for talking about the email leaks.

There is a reason why people don't "hack" back attackers of their network. The IP's are usually spoofed and proxy chained from different countries. Add VPN's , TOR onion routing it is hard to find the exact source of an attack / malware / hacker / cracker.

um, have you seen Zero Days?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...rt-proof-russia-behind-dnc-podesta-hacks.html

The issue has come to the fore in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence—a combined 17 intelligence agencies—issued a statement saying Russia was behind the election hacking.

It is pretty clear judging by the indicators of compromise [IOCs]. The binaries that were used to hack the DNC as well as Podesta’s email as well as some other Democratic campaign folks, those IOCs match binaries and also infrastructure that was used in attacks that were previously recorded by others as having Russian origin. That much we can confirm. So if you believe other people’s—primarily government’s—attribution that those previous attacks were Russian, then these attacks are definitely connected. We’re talking about the same binaries, the same tools, the same infrastructure.

There are more way to trace a origin of a cyber attack than just straight following the IPs. The infrastructure and hardware used can be traced as well historical data from previous attacks can be used to deduce a pattern.

Tor is not full proof. It has been compromised in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Onymous

Last edited:
um, have you seen Zero Days?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...rt-proof-russia-behind-dnc-podesta-hacks.html

The issue has come to the fore in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence—a combined 17 intelligence agencies—issued a statement saying Russia was behind the election hacking.

It is pretty clear judging by the indicators of compromise [IOCs]. The binaries that were used to hack the DNC as well as Podesta’s email as well as some other Democratic campaign folks, those IOCs match binaries and also infrastructure that was used in attacks that were previously recorded by others as having Russian origin. That much we can confirm. So if you believe other people’s—primarily government’s—attribution that those previous attacks were Russian, then these attacks are definitely connected. We’re talking about the same binaries, the same tools, the same infrastructure.

There are more way to trace a origin of a cyber attack than just straight following the IPs. The infrastructure and hardware used can be traced as well historical data from previous attacks can be used to deduce a pattern.

Tor is not full proof. It has been compromised in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Onymous

Yea I have I am in cyber security, well prove the IOC's. If it's podesta emails where he got phished that would be hard to prove where the IOC's lead to. The DNC server hacks maybe, I believe at the time it was involving a APT possibly who work out of of Russia where a lot of cyber criminal organizations work with malware code writers.

But no one hacked the voting. They can go fuck themselves.
No one hacked the voting AND the media barely covered it AND it's not like Putin was telling Anderson Cooper what questions to ask Clinton during the debates

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back