Obama blames Founding Fathers

The Senate is the senate, but House should be filled almost like electorate college votes.

When a point is dead-on, it stands alone.

You are amazing, dude.

Wow.

Criticism of Obama = Racism.

It's actually refreshing to see someone that is comfortable saying that.

The New Deal was controversial when it was enacted and is still controversial today.

Who cares? The point is that legislation got passed and went into effect - and that happened with the same political system Obama complains is inhibiting him today.

And even after the US was in a terrible, desperate depression and it was enacted, as soon as it started to make some progress in improving the economy the government stopped it for fear of being 'too Commie'.

Nonsense.

Some of FDR's legislation was blocked by the Supreme Court, which had ruled against FDR by trying to protect checks and balances, individual property rights, and private contracts.

But after FDR threatened to pack the Supreme Court - a battle he lost - the Court's justices became skittish about challenging the president again, and most of his agenda was passed.

Did it help solve the Great Depression? No. But most of the New Deal still went into effect and we continue to live with it today.

And apparently you think your observations are important.

Idiotic, trollish, and feeble.

I think you're mistaking my observations for something your wife said to you after you rolled off her last night. "That was pretty feeble, you idiotic troll."

Dude, I have lived in N.D. A model for this country? Clean? Safe? I have a problem with people who post stats and know nothing of what is really going on. Pack up and move to North Dakota then. I'll help you pack.

Well, in all fairness, the state got a helluva lot better after you moved out of it.

So the system is working well? Too much money in the system. i'm on IDL's way of thinking on this. You and I, are fucked. We have NO say. We are fighting each other, which is what they want.

Oh please, pay attention to the topic. Obama says the problem goes back to 1787.

Are you with him on that, Doris? And do you have some evidence to support it other than the system has too much money, and that you're fucked because you have trouble keeping a dollar bill in your pocket?

He's right!
Why do we need two states of Dakota?
North California & South California seems more logical.

This is like saying somebody is incompetent because they didn't manage to work with the Taliban to create a better world. It's the Republicans right to mindlessly oppose anything the other team tries to do but lets not pretend that failing to work them is some kind indictment of presidential competence.

The silver platter thing is also very amusing considering the GOP's last president and presidential ticket were all trustfund babies.

I'm sure Obama is more real and has suffered more for this country than John McCain. ...:/

He's right!
Why do we need two states of Dakota?
North California & South California seems more logical.

Fuck that. I don't want to be associated with South Dakotans.

Well he's had the senate his entire term and now he's in danger of losing if for his policies. Reid doesnt help either

The House has the population-based structure he wishes the Senate had. Ironically, he lost that years ago and unlikely to it back. He started with both, losing them to racism

Obama is a can

I am saying people in this country of mine don't like Obama because he is black. This isn't a secret.

Yea because these same people loved Clinton because he was white, see it has nothing to do with policy, right.

Not really. The Senate was set up to be even less democratic than it is today. Under the Founders' design, Senators were not directly elected by the people of the state, but rather by the state legislatures.

Thankfully, this was changed by constitutional amendment.

But it still is two Senators per State.

Congressmen were supposed to represent small groups of people. When it was changed to a set number of representatives divided among the States according to population they are basically selected by State legislatures who set up the districts to the advantage of the political party in power in the State at the time.

Back