Obama blames Founding Fathers

Lost in all this is the fact that this was said at a private dinner party. The attendees paid probably $20k a plate ($40k with photo op) to hear what everybody already knows:

if Democrats are to remain in power, and since we can't trust the voters to do what is in their best interest, the Constitution must be corrected immediately.

I wouldn't have a problem with every state that wants to disobey the mandate leaving the union. Most of them are net takers of federal tax dollars anyway, it would probably lower my taxes to not have to support backwards cesspools like Mississippi or Alabama.

Maintain open immigration between the Liberal States of America and the Conservative States of America so that people could move to the country that aligns with their views, and you'd have yourself a deal. The only problem would be geographic, since Colorado and the west coast would be isolated from the rest of the LSoA.

You mean shitholes like NY and LA. Those are full of inner city retards, hipsters, lazy thinkers and lunatics living in Utopia and imposing it.

And, once again, you are completely wrong and ignorant of US history. What grade are you in? I know public education is bad but anyone half awake in civics ought to know the basics. Your comments clearly indicate you do not.

Pop quiz time, what was the purpose of the US Constitution? Why if all power resides with the state did the USA need a charter granting it powers?
Again, what you're posting has little to do with the discussion Pan and I were having. I'm well aware of the constitution and its intent. Please keep your trolling to a minimum.

So why do you have to argue every day of what they meant it to say, what it does say, and parse every word to manipulate it to what you want it to say?

There isn't a day go by that someone isn't arguing about the constitution in the WR.

Simple to answer:

The Constitution was written with the knowledge that the people who formed the government in the late 1700's could not predict what the nation would look like or need 50, 100 or 150 years in the future.

So they wrote the document with enough flexibility to allow future law makers to meet their time-specific needs but with enough rules that the core principles couldn't get lost.

It's an amazing document from that perspective. Unfortunately, not enough people realize that arguing over the Constitution is part of what makes America...America. It is self-governance on a constant basis.

What other nation has people so consistently involved in discussing the principles of the nation they live in?

Analogy. Look it up. When the US was formed as a nation the states were what at that point? Independent entities. Which when they joined to form the US they gave up some rights they had to a central government for many reasons. EU is a supranational form of government and some member nations have given up rights for a multiple of reasons.

The analogy is fine as an analogy.

The funny thing is you made a post right before this about intellectual dishonesty.

You mean shitholes like NY and LA. Those are full of inner city retards, hipsters, lazy thinkers and lunatics living in Utopia and imposing it.

In the context of what he was talking about, he was correct. Cali & NY get back far less in Federal tax money than what they put into the system. While Mississippi & Alabama get more money out of the Federal system than they put into it.

Again, what you're posting has little to do with the discussion Pan and I were having. I'm well aware of the constitution and its intent. Please keep your trolling to a minimum.

1. No, you don't. If you did your posting wouldn't be so ignorant.
2. Take it to PMs if you want a private discussion. You have no authority here to dictate how others respond.

Ok, so thats why people argue about it every day, because no one knows the true meaning and intent of all words and meanings?

It just strikes me funny that the people in the USA argue about it daily, you don't see this kind of thing in other countries, they basically accept and understand theirs.

Is the court a problem? I can't imagine the founding fathers dreamed of having this much money in politics or the extreme of gerrymandering. These are small examples but very important ones.

All branches are part of the problem and highlight the nature of man in power. Which is why the system was designed to have checks and balances. That said, the legislative branch has done a terrible job keeping its rightful power and has ceded much to the executive. Mainly via regulatory agencies. This in my opinion is the worst of the power creep of the government. The second big issue is the deliberate, tortuous distortion of language by the court to justify bad law in order to achieve a social change.

You have no authority here to dictate how others respond.
No I don't. That doesn't mean I have to appreciate your misrepresentation, derailment, and general dishonesty.

No I don't. That doesn't mean I have to appreciate your misrepresentation, derailment, and general dishonesty.

Ironic because that's my interpretation of your posts. Funny how subjective language is.

Back