Economy Oakland's Only In-N-Out Restaurant Closed Down For Good Due to Crimes.

Also $20 fast food minimum wage goes into effect next week. In addition to the thousands of jobs it will kill, those jobs being marginally more than $20/hour are now significantly poorer than they have ever been and can't even afford fast food anymore.

1711475322249.png

Last edited:
Funny, after I moved to San Jose it took me a while to work out that San Francisco 49ers were a couple of miles from where I lived and not in SF.

Hey, I once got lost in San Jose. I didn't have GPS in the nineties.

Also $20 fast food minimum wage goes into effect next week. In addition to the thousands of jobs it will kill, those jobs being marginally more than $20/hour are now significantly poorer than they have ever been and can't even afford fast food anymore.

View attachment 1036516
Diddums fat bastards not being able to afford $2 extra on their daily quadruple Big Mac.

Also $20 fast food minimum wage goes into effect next week. In addition to the thousands of jobs it will kill, those jobs being marginally more than $20/hour or now significantly poorer than they have ever been and can't even afford fast food anymore.

View attachment 1036516
What does that have to do with anything? You are not from California are you? Because Californians know In-N-Out already paid that much before it became the minimum wage and will likely pay more in the future. Because it is part of the company culture and it helps with training, retention, and hourly churn.

We start all of our new Associates at a competitive wage for one simple reason...you are important to us! And our commitment to a higher starting wage is just one of the ways in which we show it.

Instead, is it possible it has more to do with overall expansion locations and same store trends? Probably better to use those same resources in a different area with more revenue potential?

Back