• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

O’Malley is sage 2.0

At least McGregor during his rise kept focus. I feel once o'malley started making money outside of the UFC, he started to buy into his own hype where as mgregor was still hungry to prove his Worth in the octagon

InformalAmbitiousChameleon-max-1mb.gif

Sage has no glass body.

16 seconds in, he's got flip game too.

What?

Sage was pushed because of how he look.
Sage was relatively humble.

Sean is pushed because of his talent and his marketability for saying dumb shit.
Plus he didn't get exposed, he got injured.

Its just a bad comparison.

O'Malley actually thought he could beat Conor haha. At least Sage isn't delusional

What?

Sean is pushed because of his talent and his marketability for saying dumb shit.

He got injured because of what another fighter did in the fight. He wasn't use to that adversity anytime in his career so he kinda buckled. He's a young fighter he can recover but he fucking lost that. It's not a freak injury

He got injured because of what another fighter did in the fight. He wasn't use to that adversity anytime in his career so he kinda buckled. He's a young fighter he can recover but he fucking lost that. It's not a freak injury
I didn't say it was a freak injury... But acting like Vera intentionally caused the injury to win the fight is silly. The injury wasn't game planned, it was an opportunity that was rightly taken advantage of. All credit to Vera for fighting a good fight and putting a shit talker down; with the injury assist. I never argued against any of that. Vera may have won without the injury. It wasn't like that changed the course of a dominant performance by O'Malley.

And that wasn't even the point I was making.
My point is the Sage comparison is silly.

I didn't say it was a freak injury but acting like Vera intentionally caused the injury and won the fight is a bit of a stretch. The injury wasn't game planned, it was an opportunity that was rightly taken advantage of. All credit to Vera for fighting a good fight and putting a shit talker down; with the injury assist. I never argued against any of that. Vera may have won without the injury. It wasn't like that changed the course of a dominant performance by O'Malley.

And that wasn't even the point I was making.
My point is the Sage comparison is silly.
Fair enough. I think he's a talented dude. But I don't buy his hype and I think he's pretty douchey

Fair enough. I think he's a talented dude. But I don't buy his hype and I think he's pretty douchey
Oh well that I agree with. But a lot of fighters are douchey. I appreciate them putting their health on the line to entertain us and make a living even if their public persona is childish and silly.

Remember these guys look at shit like Conor and realize you make more money in this sport having a gimmick. Just keep that in mind when you watch them say stupid shit.

He also could just be a tool.
I still appreciate what he does in the cage.

Oh well that I agree with. But a lot of fighters are douchey. I appreciate them putting their health on the line to entertain us and make a living even if their public persona is childish and silly.

Remember these guys look at shit like Conor and realize you make more money in this sport having a gimmick. Just keep that in mind when you watch them say stupid shit.

He also could just be a tool.
I still appreciate what he does in the cage.
I agree. People made fun of him for crying. I don't. I think anyone who's ballsy enough to be a fighter should get some respect even if you don't like them

But I'm happy he got his ass kicked and humbled. Man thought he was invincible . The shit talking only works if you back it up. Conor backed it up. FW Conor was hungry. He wasn't satisfied with little chump change outside the UFC.

What?

They are both Failed hype trains that the Ufc was trying to make stars. I’m not comparing the two as people or as fighters. I’m just saying I see O’Malley having similar success.

I agree. People made fun of him for crying. I don't. I think anyone who's ballsy enough to be a fighter should get some respect even if you don't like them

But I'm happy he got his ass kicked and humbled. Man thought he was invincible . The shit talking only works if you back it up. Conor backed it up. FW Conor was hungry. He wasn't satisfied with little chump change outside the UFC.
Yeah sometimes the best thing that can happen to a fighter is to be humbled.

Hell the best thing that can happen to a human is to be humbled and fail, so long as they can take that as motivation to work harder.

They are both Failed hype trains that the Ufc was trying to make stars. I’m not comparing the two as people or as fighters. I’m just saying I see O’Malley having similar success.
The difference is O'Malley lost a fight where he was cocky, got injured, and possibly outclassed but he still has a ton of talent and potential. Sean was pushed because of his mouthpiece and his talent.

Sage never had the talent. He was pushed because of how he looks.

I think O'Malley will be a top 10 fighter for most of his career and possibly has a higher ceiling.
Sage should stop fighting.

I have been watching UFC since 2005, and this is the first time a dude goes out in a stretcher. Forget aout this wuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back