NY woman sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing husband

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Regardless of guilt:

Addimando 'had the opportunity to safely leave,' denied lenient sentencing: Judge

Women are most at risk when they leave their abusive partner.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/u...private-violence-women-men-abuse-hbo-ray-rice

75% are killed after they leave.

Edit (very necessary apparently)

The title of the article is
Private Violence: up to 75% of abused women who are murdered are killed after they leave their partners

So the
75% are killed after they leave.
is a reference to the 75% of abused women who are murdered.

Last edited:
Her story of the struggle that led to the killing sounds like bs and it also seems her evidence for past abuse was weak .

Should've planted marijuana to give her additional 17 years.

Murdered him in cold blood and tried to get sympathy for it.

Such a womanly act. It’s peak woman.

Got what she deserved.

Men and women psychologically fuck each other up at an even rate. Women probably do it more than men due to their biological issues.

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com...CC0pJ09vEjpzoSXgtlOnM2ghaKkEUKQiWAq-RvzSUTJ4Q

There's a lot of controversy surrounding this case. It sounds like the woman had an abusive husband, but he wasn't trying to kill her when she shot him to death. What do you think of the sentence?
Seems like justice was served. Even if the allegations of abuse are true if he wasn't abusing her in that moment then it doesn't count as self defense. You don't get to kill someone for payback and then get to claim self defense. And that's not even getting into the fact that the allegations of abuse seemed shaky at best. If anything 15 years is somewhat lenient for murder.

3 out of 4 women are killed after they leave their abusive partner? I find this very very hard to believe.

I can't attest to the statistic, but I know a woman who was in a legit abusive relationship. I asked why the fuck she didn't leave and her answer was this : "I knew how he would behave if I stayed, but I didn't know how he would behave if I left."

The fear of not knowing what he would do was enough to keep her locked in that kind of abusive relationship. So while I can't say for sure if 75% is factual or not in this case, I would certainly bet that it's a high number.

Last edited:
I can't attest to the statistic, but I know a woman who was in a legit abusive relationship. I asked why the fuck she didn't leave and her answer was this : "I knew how he would behave if I stayed, but I didn't know how he would behave if I left."

The fear of not knowing what he would do was enough to keep her locked in that kind of abusive relationship. So while I can't say for sure if 75% is factual or not in this case, I would certainly bet that it's a high number.

I am going to be 46 in a couple months and I have known a lot of girls that got out of abusive relationships and none of them were killed. I did have a friend that was shot and killed by his wife(He was sleeping when she killed him), who also shot and killed herself.

So the only other woman in the whole city that left her abusive man was untouched?

Do you see what I am getting at? 75% is a HUGE number.

I don’t buy it for a second. I just think it happens. Especially if those women are dating the wrong kinda people

I don’t buy it for a second. I just think it happens. Especially if those women are dating the wrong kinda people

I don't doubt that guys who are fucked in the head kill their wives/girlfriends, but not at that high of a rate. 75% is crazy high.

I don't doubt that guys who are fucked in the head kill their wives/girlfriends, but not at that high of a rate. 75% is crazy high.

If the 75% is true I'm guessing it's 75% of women who are killed by abusive partners are killed after they leave or try and leave.

It's why I can only judge a few things. They haven't made movies about every subject yet, but I'm watching.

It's not legit until there is a Lifetime movie made or 'a very special Oprah' installment.

Back