NY woman sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing husband

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Some serial liar with a history of abusing women who pretended to be an anesthesiologist, married a rich California woman shortly after they met, and then...shit goes down.

Sweet my mother in law loves stuff like that :/

If she could have left she should have left before killing him.

Then charge him with abuse and anything else she could have.

3 out of 4 women are killed after they leave their abusive partner? I find this very very hard to believe.
What? 3 out of 4 women that are killed by their partner are killed after they leave them. What's with the reading comprehension here today?

Many women are tangled in brutal back and forth feuds and leave their husbands after striking a serious blow. So many of these murders are part of an on going fight and not one sided spousal abuse.
the-office-close-door-gif-6.gif

But what % of women who leave an abusive relationship actually end up getting killed.

Use a relevant statistic not a misleading one.
How on earth would you quantify that? What's misleading about it anyway? They're usually killed after they leave their partner. Fact.

Regardless of guilt:

Women are most at risk when they leave their abusive partner.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/u...private-violence-women-men-abuse-hbo-ray-rice

75% are killed after they leave.

That's not the what that stat says...

Private Violence: up to 75% of abused women who are murdered are killed after they leave their partners

Read it again.

And trying to do a quick search, I can't tell you exactly what the percentage is of an abusive relationship leading to murder.

But I doubt it's anywhere close to 75 percent.

That's not the what that stat says...

Private Violence: up to 75% of abused women who are murdered are killed after they leave their partners

Read it again.

And trying to do a quick search, I can't tell you exactly what the percentage is of an abusive relationship leading to murder.

But I doubt it's not anywhere close to 75 percent.
So they're most at risk after they leave their partner. That reading comprehension up in here.

So they're most at risk after they leave their partner. That reading comprehension up in here.

Those who are MURDERED...yes.

herp. derp.

The argument here is, was there a time where this woman could have gotten away and left safely? The answer is yes. She had no idea that her relationship would have lead to murder. And the percentage that it could have is really rather low.

Those who are MURDERED...yes.

herp. derp.
The chance of them being murdered is higher if they leave their abusive partner. I'd say being murdered is a pretty big risk.

Me: Women are most at risk of being murdered after they leave their abusive partner.

Counterpoint: Yeah but that's just the murdered women.

Me: Women are most at risk of being murdered after they leave their abusive partner.

Counterpoint: Yeah but that's just the murdered women.

What's the percentage that an abusive relationship is going to lead to murder? That's the discussion. Not;

"Well gee I'm going to kill you. Do I do it before or after you leave?"

What's the percentage that an abusive relationship is going to lead to murder?
I never commented on that so I'm not sure why you ask. The chance of getting murdered is higher if they leave their partner, statistically. That's what I originally stated but you all lack the reading comprehension or are just being obtuse.

How on earth would you quantify that? What's misleading about it anyway? They're usually killed after they leave their partner. Fact.
You know why it’s misleading, just look at the responses, half the people on this thread took it that way. But of course you knew they would, throw out a big number to accompany your argument, justify cold blooded murder by exaggerating the danger she may have been in. Meanwhile the odds of her actually being killed had she left are probably closer to something like 1 in a thousand.

{<hhh]

I never commented on that so I'm not sure why you ask. The chance of getting murdered is higher if they leave their partner, statistically. That's what I originally stated but you all lack the reading comprehension or are just being obtuse.

This is what you posted;

That's not a counter argument to what the judge ruled. 75 percent of ALL WOMEN WHO ARE MURDERED are killed after they leave.

Not "75 percent are killed after they leave"

That's a HUGE difference in the context. She has no idea if her partner was actually going to murder her, and as such should have left safely whenever the opportunity appeared.

You know why it’s misleading, just look at the responses, half the people on this thread took it that way. But of course you knew they would, throw out a big number to accompany your argument, justify cold blooded murder by exaggerating the danger she may have been in. Meanwhile the odds of her actually being killed had she left are probably closer to something like 1 in a thousand.

{<hhh]
The chances of her being murdered would have been higher if she had left him.
That's a HUGE difference in the context. She has no idea if her partner was actually going to murder her, and as such should have left safely whenever the opportunity appeared.
Which would, ironically, have increased her chances of being murdered.

No.

The conversation here is "what is the likely hood of her BEING MURDERED?". Which you admitted to not knowing.

Not "if she's murdered, when or where."

You are trying to take one stat and shoe horn it into a different argument.

Stop that.

Last edited:
Take the L @tonni

It is you who needs some reading comprehension.

When you got a dozen people telling you that you’re being an idiot, but you still double down and keep marching forward...

<{hughesimpress}>

Back