NY woman sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing husband

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I live in NY. odds are I woulda found this crazy broad on tinder and matched with her.

thank god for the justice system

Regardless of guilt:

Women are most at risk when they leave their abusive partner.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/u...private-violence-women-men-abuse-hbo-ray-rice

75% are killed after they leave.

This data is misleading.

Many women are tangled in brutal back and forth feuds and leave their husbands after striking a serious blow. So many of these murders are part of an on going fight and not one sided spousal abuse.

Of course, the feminist lobby will have you believe otherwise.

Most women can absolutely leave their partners and there are many womens shelters and government programs to assist. In Canada these orgs will set a women up with everything if she leaves an abusive husband.

There are certainly severe cases of spousal abuse where the women is in real fear for her life if she leaves. These cases are very rare, unlike what radical feminism propagates.

The fact of the matter is that most women who kill their husbands do it while the male is sleeping, and preemptively murdering your husband when you have the option to go to the police is murder, period.

Thanks for the advocacy data though.

If the 75% is true I'm guessing it's 75% of women who are killed by abusive partners are killed after they leave or try and leave.

No the data is made up, much like most feminist advocacy data.

It's waaaaay more complicated than the headline.

The trick here is that out of the 75 percent, not all of those women were innocent.

Just because you were murdered, doesn't mean you were innocent.

List of controls missing from the advocacy studies.

-women who cheated
-women who kidnapped children
-women who are as bad as their abusive husbands.
-theft

I'm not advocating murder, the point is, the narrative being propagated with this "data" is that 75% of innocent abused women who try to leave their husbands are murdered.

It's simply not true.

Not very many women are murdered by their husbands in any case.

3 out of 4 women are killed after they leave their abusive partner? I find this very very hard to believe.

So the only other woman in the whole city that left her abusive man was untouched?

Do you see what I am getting at? 75% is a HUGE number.

I don’t buy it for a second. I just think it happens. Especially if those women are dating the wrong kinda people

I don't doubt that guys who are fucked in the head kill their wives/girlfriends, but not at that high of a rate. 75% is crazy high.

You’re misreading the statistic. The statistic is that out of all the women who are murdered by their partner, 75% of them were murdered after they left. Meaning, leaving an abusive partner is not necessarily taking you out of harms way, it may actually be the last straw that makes the abuser snap. So if 100 women were murdered by their partner last year, 75 of them had already left that partner at the time of the murder.

smh irrational fear for your life is only a valid excuse to kill someone if you're a cop.

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com...CC0pJ09vEjpzoSXgtlOnM2ghaKkEUKQiWAq-RvzSUTJ4Q

There's a lot of controversy surrounding this case. It sounds like the woman had an abusive husband, but he wasn't trying to kill her when she shot him to death. What do you think of the sentence?

Murdered him in cold blood and tried to get sympathy for it.

Such a womanly act. It’s peak woman.

Seems like justice was served. Even if the allegations of abuse are true if he wasn't abusing her in that moment then it doesn't count as self defense. You don't get to kill someone for payback and then get to claim self defense. And that's not even getting into the fact that the allegations of abuse seemed shaky at best. If anything 15 years is somewhat lenient for murder.

It sounds like she actually is claiming that he was trying to kill her in that moment.

Addimando claimed she had only pulled the trigger following a physical altercation in which she had to dive to beat Grover to the gun, then lunged at him on the couch before pulling the trigger. The prosecution alleged she shot him while he was sleeping.

It's hard to really come to a conclusion on this just from reading the article, I'd probably have had to hear all the actual testimony to determine whether this woman is really a victim of horrendous abuse and nearly the victim of murder, or if she is just a manipulator as the prosecutors claim.

It sounds like she actually is claiming that he was trying to kill her in that moment.

It's hard to really come to a conclusion on this just from reading the article, I'd probably have had to hear all the actual testimony to determine whether this woman is really a victim of horrendous abuse and nearly the victim of murder, or if she is just a manipulator as the prosecutors claim.
I read the article, I just don't buy her claims. Seems really far fetched and her allegations of abuse were put into doubt by witnesses.

She should be put away for longer than 15 years given she just took the life of a father of two children but of course as a women its to be expected that she'd get a lenient sentence.

Hmm I wonder what the guy did to deserve this.

That is certainly everyones go to narrative.

There is certainly a phenomena of husbands killing their wifes on separation, it's just not as prevelant as the advocacy data suggests and many of these murders are the result of the most comlicated and long standing spousal shitshows you could ever imagine. And each one is unique.

Many of these murders are simply the result of the male being able to "win" a competition to kill eachother. Some are the result of prolonged emotional and psychological abuse aimed at the male. some of them are also instances where a women unlawfully kidnaps the children and moves them away.

And of course! Some of them are piece of shit men who murder innocent women out of possessiveness.

75% is misleading.

It says in the article this is the first time since 1950 they've actually convicted a woman that used self defense as reason, so I'm leaning towards her being legitimately guilty.

But in the end the only one that knows is her and she has to live with that.

I read the article, I just don't buy her claims. Seems really far fetched and her allegations of abuse were put into doubt by witnesses.

She should be put away for longer than 15 years given she just took the life of a father of two children but of course as a women its to be expected that she'd get a lenient sentence.

15 years does seem light, assuming it wasn’t self defense. I usually find it hard to believe when people say, “He was going for a gun and I just got there first.” I don’t think people often race to retrieve the same fire arm quite as often as claimed.

There are also obvious difficulties with claiming abuse once the alleged abuser is already dead, since it is essentially your word against a dead man’s word. You can really claim anything at that point.

This case has a lot of similarities to that other case we were talking about a while back. The difference being, to me at least, that this woman is 30 years old and given a much, much lighter sentence than the 16-year-old. Not even 1/3 of the sentence length if I remember correctly. The 16-year-old prostitute was given 51 years, as compared to 15 years for the 30-year-old for being accused of essentially the same crime (shooting someone in their sleep).

3 out of 4 women are killed after they leave their abusive partner? I find this very very hard to believe.

75% of women who are killed by their husband/boyfriend are killed after they leave them.

It's not saying that 75% of women in general are killed after leaving.

Ah this definitely seems to merit a complete read.

Sounds like a story that really tip-toes the threshold.

That is an unenviable judgment call to have to make as a judicial officer.

Talk about being maligned any which way you slice it.

Last edited:
No. Never heard of it. What is it about?

Some serial liar with a history of abusing women who pretended to be an anesthesiologist, married a rich California woman shortly after they met, and then...shit goes down.

75% of women who are killed by their husband/boyfriend are killed after they leave them.

It's not saying that 75% of women in general are killed after leaving.

That makes more sense. That wasn't how it was worded in the post that I was replying to though.

Back