NY woman sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing husband

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Aren't you posting in the Lounge too?

Sure. What I don't do, when I have a gaggle of people attacking me in a thread, is run in there and go on a rant about what is going on in hopes that I can attract some allies to come in and defend me.

You were losing in here, so you went to friendlier confines to get support from people you knew would agree with you no matter what, and possibly get some to come in here and defend you.

Sure. What I don't do, when I have a gaggle of people attacking me in a thread, is run in there and go on a rant about what is going on in hopes that I can attract some allies to come in and defend me.

You were losing in here, so you went to friendlier confines to get support from people you knew would agree with you no matter what, and possibly get some to come in here and defend you.
It's not my fault you don't have internetfriends.

It's almost a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You have to really plan ahead, be decisive and have a country with a decent safety net in place. Still at a higher risk in the first couple of weeks.

Wouldn't it be more "it's damned if you don't, maybe damned if you do."?

If you stay, you are insured at BEST further abuse. At worst you will be killed.

If you leave, at best you will go on with your life without further abuse. At worse they will attempt to try and kill you.

Wouldn't it be more "it's damned if you don't, maybe damned if you do."?

If you stay, you are insured at BEST further abuse. At worst you will be killed.

If you leave, at best you will go on with your life without further abuse. At worse they will attempt to try and kill you.
I'm not saying they should stay, I just think it's appalling that leaving their abuser puts them at such a high risk.

I'm not saying they should stay, I just think it's appalling that leaving their abuser puts them at such a high risk.
That’s cause all they can get is a piece of paper to protect them and law enforcement is usually 10-15 minute response times at best if anyone calls them for you.

That’s cause all they can get is a piece of paper to protect them and law enforcement is usually 10-15 minute response times at best if anyone calls them for you.
Sounds like the same as over here. I know a woman who was threatened by her ex, he literally said he was going to strangle her, cops told her they can't do anything unless something's about to happen.

Sounds like the same as over here. I know a woman who was threatened by her ex, he literally said he was going to strangle her, cops told her they can't do anything unless something's about to happen.
It’s annoying.

It’s worse though when there is a child present seeing that shit

By any mesure, it wasn't self defense, so it's murder. Outside of Stand Your Ground states, you can't just execute people and claim self defense. There's no such thing as preemptive self defense.

By any mesure, it wasn't self defense, so it's murder. Outside of Stand Your Ground states, you can't just execute people and claim self defense. There's no such thing as preemptive self defense.
SYG doesn’t work like that. It’s not a license to murder. In Canada they can’t effectively defend themselves without getting sued by the criminals.

SYG doesn’t work like that. It’s not a license to murder. In Canada they can’t effectively defend themselves without getting sued by the criminals.

Zimmerman stalked Trevon Martin around his neighborhood, the police instruct him to leave this child alone. He confronts the unarmed child and shoots him. No charges, he was standing his ground, "defending himself" against a kid who was walking home from the store not bothering a soul.

How is that not just a blank check to execute people? It's exactly how stand your ground works, and pretty much why it was instituted.

Zimmerman stalked Trevon Martin around his neighborhood, the police instruct him to leave this child alone. He confronts the unarmed child and shoots him. No charges, he was standing his ground, "defending himself" against a kid who was walking home from the store not bothering a soul.

How is that not just a blank check to execute people? It's exactly how stand your ground works, and pretty much why it was instituted.

Zimmerman only shot Martin after Martin knocked him to the ground and started GNPing him. Does being followed give someone the right to cause severe bodily harm to the follower?

Back