• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Nurmagomedov: "You should give credit to McGregor he's bigger star than me"

He had a 9 figure offer to do something else... I'm not surprised the lighweight belt was put on a backburner because believe it or not, most fighter's don't put their well-being on the line for the integrity of the sport.
So what? You are making excuses, for another grown mans cowardliness....Who cares about that abomination of a so called "Boxing Match", that should have never been allowed to be sanctioned to begin with? How about the other two fkn years he took off?

Question (Don't answer if you know you're wrong) ..

Why didn't Conor defend hid belt, the night he attacked the bus, trying to keep Khabib from fighting and taking it?

I'll wait......

WTF does this have to do with fighting? You know...when the cage door slams shut? Do you think they "talk business" in dere?
My bad....Conor does...As a possible way out of the beating he got handed to him.
No but 'Business' puts asses in seats and gets the fighters in the cage. Do you have a complaint about how conor fights or just his antics outside the octagon?
Everyone was pissed at Conor for not defending for 2 years, but its the up to the UFC to sort that out imo.

No but 'Business' puts asses in seats and gets the fighters in the cage. Do you have a complaint about how conor fights or just his antics outside the octagon?
Everyone was pissed at Conor for not defending for 2 years, but its the up to the UFC to sort that out imo.
Pissed at all of the above....

Such an easy and non-legitimate excuse to use....

Conor could have defended/fought whoever/whenever he wanted...His actions outside of the Cage, just prove what kind of a man Conor is...A Douche'.

Stop making excuses for another grown man ffs....It's sad.

So what? You are making excuses, for another grown mans cowardliness....Who cares about that abomination of a so called "Boxing Match", that should have never been allowed to be sanctioned to begin with? How about the other two fkn years he took off?

Question (Don't answer if you know you're wrong) ..

Why didn't Conor defend hid belt, the night he attacked the bus, trying to keep Khabib from fighting and taking it?

I'll wait......

I wouldn't call any fighter a coward and in regards to inactivity I can't speak for any fighter any more than you can. However in his position I'd have retired right after the Floyd Mayweather fight.

I wouldn't call any fighter a coward and in regards to inactivity I can't speak for any fighter any more than you can. However in his position I'd have retired right after the Floyd Mayweather fight.
So you are refusing to answer the question I asked?

You either hate conor with a passion or your a nut hugger, thats the way it is im afraid. I agree people are salty over business not the actual fighting. Conors mic skills have helped the brand grow big time. He took time off to globalise the his and the UFCs brand by fighting mayweather, It was up to the UFC to manage the division etc.
The UFC encourages others to do the same, Tony spoke about a conference the UFC held where they advised the fighters to try emulate what conor has done. Gone are the days a haircut, Nickname and cool shorts makes you famous ala Chuck Lidell.

Even Chuck had a brand though. The Mohawk, chinese tattoo's, dad bod thing, its all about creating an image that is identifiable and marketable. These aren't players contracted by a franchise, they are individuals who are their own business. The hatred for Conor comes from people too stupid to understand this.

Khabib should have got a cameo with him telling Hulk to "smash" in the second Infinity Wars movie, would have been soo dope.

0 title defences

Well matched on his way to first title

Didn't even have to fight a challenger for the right at 155 title

Gives up when the going gets tough

8-3 imo (he ran 10 mile against Diaz in the rematch)

He cleaned out everybody apart from Frankie Edgar

His engine doesn't complement his volume I agree

Resetting and/or lateral movement doesn't cost you points. If you attend any martial arts sessions and they're not teaching you this then find another gym.

Sooo, you can't have a simple debate, on how good of a fighter, Conor is?
You have to pull the McSwallow card, and use "It's only Business" as an argument?
If you can't defend Conor's fighting, and only bring up "Business"...Then run along...This is an MMA forum, not a Business weekly Forum.

Perhaps this is more your style ?
http://www.thebusinessexcellenceforums.com/faq/

What do you mean? He's won a belt in two separate divisions with two of the most dominant performances ever witnessed in the UFC. He's an amazing fighter and losing to another amazing fighter doesn't change that. If you had any courage at all, you'd respect his abilities. Instead, you hate him because he's leveraged the business interests of the UFC in his favor. You can't make a single argument as to why Conor is a bad fighter. It's just nonsensical drivel about how he's never defended and other conjecture that has nothing to do with his performances in actual fights.

What do you mean? He's won a belt in two separate divisions with two of the most dominant performances ever witnessed in the UFC. He's an amazing fighter and losing to another amazing fighter doesn't change that. If you had any courage at all, you'd respect his abilities. Instead, you hate him because he's leveraged the business interests of the UFC in his favor. You can't make a single argument as to why Conor is a bad fighter. It's just nonsensical drivel about how he's never defended and other conjecture that has nothing to do with his performances in actual fights.
So out of all this, you made one point about his actual fighting....His two belts? Then tell me I can't bring up anything about his actual fighting? JeeZus man....
Conor fought Midgets 27 lbs smaller than him, to become relevant. He beat Jose, but refused to give a dominant Champ of ten fkn years a re-match.
He then skipped out on defending that belt, he said he'd defend (which we know he did not). He proceeded to make excuses, like his Ol' Ladies Pregnancy, etc.
Then ignored MMA, and boxed in a fight, that was nothing more than a Circus show, and should have been illegal, while still refusing to defend.
He proceeded to sign a fight with Dos Nacho, only to have to pick another fight, due to Dos Nacho's injury...When offered opponents, he turned away a Cowboy who was fresh off a dominant win, twice, to take a known party induced Diaz Bro, who was still drunk in Mexico. Still choosing to not defend his Midget belt against Jose' in the process. To only lose to the Gate keeper Diaz badly, by double tapping in the second fkn round.
Such a loss, was bad for his brand, so Dana gives him an immediate re-match (which he refused for Jose') in which he squeaks out an arguable decision. A fight in which he spent over a full min, RUNNING in. Get's a gifted title shot at 55, for the sad 1-1 record at 170...Having never fought one time at 55.....Against possibly the softest, and shortest Champ in UFC History.
Get's his 45 belt stripped, due to inactivity (we all know he was allowed to hold two belts, only for marketing purposes). Hold the 55 strap for almost two fkn years, before getting stripped for what? That's right, inactivity.
Then proceeds to try and stop Khabib from getting his belt, by flying to Vegas, and trying and getting Khabib to take part in some bullshit, so he loses the title shot.
Not working, Khabib wins the belt, and gives Conor a shot at his belt (Defending like a true Champ does). In the fight Conor cheats multiple times, with Herb Dean turning a blind eye, only to proceed to get demolished in the process, crying to Khabib, during the fight, about it "just being business".
Then after double tapping again, cry's in a rant, about how he really won the fight....Demanding an unwarranted re-match (that he refused to give Aldo).......

All this, and he is still one dimensional, proven by his record...All his wins but one, come from his left hand. His Wrestling is garbage, as is his BJJ, and endurance.

That about sums up Conor's reign as Champ, Champ..... Also shows his "fighting prowess".

Not having defended one time, while holding four belts....Something no other fighter in Combat Sports history has even been capable of. Not to mention, even all the women Champs, have done what Conor chose not to do, all while healthy.
Now please bring your parroted response, as to how his is a GOAT, and everything any true MMA Warrior should be, due to his money, and paved road from the UFC to succeed.

I'll wait for your response trying to twist it to say Conor is "special", and continue to use all the played out excuses, you Conor fans parrot when facing the cold, hard, truth.

Or you can just say TLDR, and run and hide.

Your choice Mano.

He cleaned out everybody apart from Frankie Edgar

His engine doesn't complement his volume I agree

Resetting and/or lateral movement doesn't cost you points. If you attend any martial arts sessions and they're not teaching you this then find another gym.
Typical Conor Fanboi excuses.

Even Chuck had a brand though. The Mohawk, chinese tattoo's, dad bod thing, its all about creating an image that is identifiable and marketable. These aren't players contracted by a franchise, they are individuals who are their own business. The hatred for Conor comes from people too stupid to understand this.
There's only one "stupid" person here......

So out of all this, you made one point about his actual fighting....His two belts? Then tell me I can't bring up anything about his actual fighting? JeeZus man....
Conor fought Midgets 27 lbs smaller than him, to become relevant. He beat Jose, but refused to give a dominant Champ of ten fkn years a re-match.
He then skipped out on defending that belt, he said he'd defend (which we know he did not). He proceeded to make excuses, like his Ol' Ladies Pregnancy, etc.
Then ignored MMA, and boxed in a fight, that was nothing more than a Circus show, and should have been illegal, while still refusing to defend.
He proceeded to sign a fight with Dos Nacho, only to have to pick another fight, due to Dos Nacho's injury...When offered opponents, he turned away a Cowboy who was fresh off a dominant win, twice, to take a known party induced Diaz Bro, who was still drunk in Mexico. Still choosing to not defend his Midget belt against Jose' in the process. To only lose to the Gate keeper Diaz badly, by double tapping in the second fkn round.
Such a loss, was bad for his brand, so Dana gives him an immediate re-match (which he refused for Jose') in which he squeaks out an arguable decision. A fight in which he spent over a full min, RUNNING in. Get's a gifted title shot at 55, for the sad 1-1 record at 170...Having never fought one time at 55.....Against possibly the softest, and shortest Champ in UFC History.
Get's his 45 belt stripped, due to inactivity (we all know he was allowed to hold two belts, only for marketing purposes). Hold the 55 strap for almost two fkn years, before getting stripped for what? That's right, inactivity.
Then proceeds to try and stop Khabib from getting his belt, by flying to Vegas, and trying and getting Khabib to take part in some bullshit, so he loses the title shot.
Not working, Khabib wins the belt, and gives Conor a shot at his belt (Defending like a true Champ does). In the fight Conor cheats multiple times, with Herb Dean turning a blind eye, only to proceed to get demolished in the process, crying to Khabib, during the fight, about it "just being business".
Then after double tapping again, cry's in a rant, about how he really won the fight....Demanding an unwarranted re-match (that he refused to give Aldo).......

All this, and he is still one dimensional, proven by his record...All his wins but one, come from his left hand. His Wrestling is garbage, as is his BJJ, and endurance.

That about sums up Conor's reign as Champ, Champ..... Also shows his "fighting prowess".

Not having defended one time, while holding four belts....Something no other fighter in Combat Sports history has even been capable of. Not to mention, even all the women Champs, have done what Conor chose not to do, all while healthy.
Now please bring your parroted response, as to how his is a GOAT, and everything any true MMA Warrior should be, due to his money, and paved road from the UFC to succeed.

I'll wait for your response trying to twist it to say Conor is "special", and continue to use all the played out excuses, you Conor fans parrot when facing the cold, hard, truth.

Or you can just say TLDR, and run and hide.

Your choice Mano.

Nothing you've said has anything to do with Conor as a fighter. His fighting ability is amazing and he's proved that. Guys in the UFC don't win all the time. Every fight is a tough fight and there's nights where things just don't break your way. If your eye balls don't tell you Conor is amazing at his craft, I don't know what to say. It's been a nice chat, I just don't think you're even trying to be objective. And I can't tell you how to feel.

Nothing you've said has anything to do with Conor as a fighter. His fighting ability is amazing and he's proved that. Guys in the UFC don't win all the time. Every fight is a tough fight and there's nights where things just don't break your way. If your eye balls don't tell you Conor is amazing at his craft, I don't know what to say. It's been a nice chat, I just don't think you're even trying to be objective. And I can't tell you how to feel.
That had EVERYTHING to do with him as a fighter....Conor has nothing but his left hand (And that is no longer effective).
Now, figure out a proper response, or take your L, and sit the fk down.

That had EVERYTHING to do with him as a fighter....Conor has nothing but his left hand (And that is no longer effective).
Now, figure out a proper response, or take your L, and sit the fk down.

No. Him as a fighter is him once the doors of the octagon close. Not the politics of the sport. Your philosophy on how a fighter should conduct themselves is irrelevant to how good he is at fighting. If you understand what he does from a technical standpoint, how he utilizes and controls distance, the accuracy of his strikes, the footwork, the timing, there's no way you could poo poo his acumen.

No. Him as a fighter is him once the doors of the octagon close. Not the politics of the sport. Your philosophy on how a fighter should conduct themselves is irrelevant to how good he is at fighting. If you understand what he does from a technical standpoint, how he utilizes and controls distance, the accuracy of his strikes, the footwork, the timing, there's no way you could poo poo his acumen.
Really now....

Please explain to me, how the stuff I wrote, does not apply to Conor, as the fighter?
While you are at it, please show me where he has proven he can do anything, other than win with his left, with fighters over 145 lbs.....Your Hero got exposed for what he really is...A Fraud. And you sorry saps bought it.

And you dancing around like a Jester, does not provide your argument, with any substance at all....I have still proven ten times anything you have, for my side of it.

Back