Nunes striking light years ahead of Ronda, could beat her today

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
...says Amanda Nunes coach.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/1...triking-is-light-years-ahead-of-ronda-rouseys

Cliff notes:
"I think her stand-up is light years ahead of Ronda's"

"I think she could beat Ronda now," Brown said. "I don't know, maybe you try to build her a little more and get her a little more experience? But she's more than capable."

"She's only been with us for the last couple fights, but I'll say, 100-percent, this is the first girl I've ever seen in the gym where I looked and I was like, whoa," Brown said. "I've seen her literally stop guys in the gym. Like, beating dudes up, making guys quit in the stand-up.

I like Nunes, not sure if she is up to the bill. What do you guys think?

amanda-nunes2.jpg

Ronda beats her in a round, but her standup is stellar. I'd like to see her fight Holm. That should be the next #1 contender fight IMO.

Well, somebody better tell coach it isn't a boxing match. Hope she knows how to stop getting judo tossed on her head just before having her arm ripped off.

Betty White has just as good of a chance against Ronda as Nunes [right now]

Nah, she's not bad but no fighter is even close to Ronda.

She may last more then 34 seconds though.

Rondas grappling and gas tank is light years ahead of nunes

people that think ronda would go out there and strike with amanda for longer than 20 seconds are crazy, Ronda would just overpower her in the clinch

id rather see nunes fight than tate 3 tho

She's an improved fighter for sure, but I still think Ronda would dispatch her pretty easily. Then all of sure dawg could call her a can.

Nunes has the second best chance at defeating ronda. Cyborg is first. Stylistically, they pose a bigger threat than miesha. Miesha is close behind with Zingano. And Holm is the untested dark horse.

She couldn't handle Cat's ground game, she's an arm bar in the making for Honda

Her standup probaby is yes.She has nasty gnp as well and decent wrestling.That being said the zingano fight showed us she has nothing off her back

The shit coming outta Brown's mouth is the same coming out of Edmond's "I've seen her literally stop guys in the gym"

The shit coming outta Brown's mouth is the same coming out of Edmond's "I've seen her literally stop guys in the gym"

Yeah, I actually like Mike Brown. I hope he doesn't turn into that goof.

Standing hell yea but its mma and ronda will judo toss Amanda. Plus after the 1st round Amanda gasses.

Back