Nunes striking light years ahead of Ronda, could beat her today

MMAth applies nowhere

It does when there are wide disparities in level of ability such as that which exists in WMMA.

You can talk about styles all you want but it doesn't amount to very much if the person doesn't have enough physical ability to execute it against a much stronger, more gifted athlete.

A lot of people might ridicule that statement, but I don't think it's too outlandish.

While I think Ronda would defeat Nunes if they fight, I think Nunes has the cleaner and more technical striking. With that said, I don't think Nunes striking will be enough to prevent Ronda's powerful clinching game.

I firmly believe she's the second best WBW right now

It does when there are wide disparities in level of ability such as that which exists in WMMA.

You can talk about styles all you want but it doesn't amount to very much if the person doesn't have enough physical ability to execute it against a much stronger, more gifted athlete.

Nope. It applies nowhere

Nope. It applies nowhere

Well then you'd be wrong.

If I heard that you once lost a fight to Stephen Hawking then it would really bode poorly for your chances of beating Jon Jones. I wouldn't need to know anything else.

Well then you'd be wrong.

If I heard that you once lost a fight to Stephen Hawking then it would really bode poorly for your chances of beating Jon Jones. I wouldn't need to know anything else.

I took a dive against Hawking so that no one would take me serious against Jones.

Can't blame him for making those comments, everyone is trying to jump on the Ronda gravy train before it retires.

Except Cyborg

nunes should be next to fight ronda after miesha

extremely athletic her striking and grappling are stellar she just needed more experience which she has now she is putting it all together

will be awesome challenge for The Ronda

Agreed with this. If the Cyborg fight isn't made after Tate, give it to Nunes.

Nunes needs more time. The way Cat ragdolled her in the grappling department is very concerning.

tumblr_nssodaGWWG1rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_nssodaGWWG1rofocqo2_500.gif

Well her striking is better.

Rondas grappling and gas tank is light years ahead of nunes

people that think ronda would go out there and strike with amanda for longer than 20 seconds are crazy, Ronda would just overpower her in the clinch

id rather see nunes fight than tate 3 tho

giphy.gif

I thought you said Nunes beat Ron, bruh? :)

I think Amanda would make it a fight at least.. She should keep her hair tho lol, looks pretty

Ronda beats her in a round, but her standup is stellar. I'd like to see her fight Holm. That should be the next #1 contender fight IMO.

Not really, Holm should at least have another 2-3 fights before thinking about a title shot.

Ronda grappling is light years ahead nunes. Ronda probably use her striking to get in close to grapple nunes down and sub her.

As an observer who is unskilled in striking technique (I tend to rely on my one shot KO power), I have always wondered why so few fighters try to take advantage when their opponent throws spinning shit and misses. Seems like you would have a split second to time and throw a shot before they get their bearings again.

Nunes does exactly that here, and I really liked it. Most fighters seem to give their opponent a few seconds for a free reset.

Back