Nunes striking light years ahead of Ronda, could beat her today

nunes should be next to fight ronda after miesha

extremely athletic her striking and grappling are stellar she just needed more experience which she has now she is putting it all together

will be awesome challenge for The Ronda

Nunes is good but she does not have the right style to beat Ronda and she didn't even beat Zingano.

As boring as she may be, Holm has a better chance in my opinion

This is the same song that virtually every one of Ronda's opponents keeps singing.

If Nunes worked a lot on Judo throw defence, I could see her hurting Ronda early. Seriously, she must be the hardest hitter in the division, and Ronda's very hittable.

Is this the same chick that Zingano DDT'd 93 times?

Yes she's much better stand than Ronda. Not saying much because Ronda is a grappler.

No, not yet because she's had mental meltdowns with other top girls.

She has the tools to beat ANYONE. But she needs more time to prove she has the composure to fight a disciplined fight. She has height, range and power to keep any of these outgunned 5'5 midgets at bay all night long. Theres no reason for her to get close to midgets and throw all her strength away in the first round. She needs to keep up what she's doing now and be patient. Knock off another two top girls then she will beat Ronda.

Nunes is good but she does not have the right style to beat Ronda and she didn't even beat Zingano.

As boring as she may be, Holm has a better chance in my opinion
You say she didn't even beat Zingano as though she's a can. She did very well against her, as well.

He's clearly right about her striking technique - at least in the cage (Ronda looks great hitting mitts) - but a fight against Ronda ain't no striking contest.

You say she didn't even beat Zingano as though she's a can. She did very well against her, as well.

No I'm saying it as Zingano is a clear cut below Ronda at best and Nunes lost to Zingano. Even with improvements made, I don't see a lot of hope for Nunes in that matchup.

No I'm saying it as Zingano is a clear cut below Ronda at best and Nunes lost to Zingano. Even with improvements made, I don't see a lot of hope for Nunes in that matchup.
Their styles are very different. I don't think that MMA Math applies here.

oh cool, just what mma needed. Another woman who can beat up all the guys around her.

she just turned 27 and is continuing to improve. i dont see her beating ronda but i do think she can be second best

she looked good last fight and her striking was decent. technically its light years behind someone like JJ but for wmma it was pretty good

Their styles are very different. I don't think that MMA Math applies here.

Styles aren't everything. Sometimes someone is just better than someone else and even if their style doesn't matchup well they're still going to win anyway.

And I don't even think that's the case here. I see Nunes' aggression playing right into Ronda's best strengths.

Styles aren't everything. Sometimes someone is just better than someone else and even if their style doesn't matchup well they're still going to win anyway.

And I don't even think that's the case here. I see Nunes' aggression playing right into Ronda's best strengths.
I would hope that Nunes would have the sense no to pull a Zingano, and be more patient. We'll find out if they ever fight.

How's her armbar defense?

Back