Now all the narrative on here is Volk shouldn't have...

Volk got smoked, end of story. He believed he could do it and the idea was running on belief and that something magical was going to happen.

Man took a chance, got ko'ed and that's it. This happens when you don't have time to prepare fully for a highly skilled fighter.

Of course he should have. He did well 1st time and was unlikely to get another chance so easily. If Volk won he would have an amazing accomplishment. Risk return, no pain no gain. Cold comfort but Volk still made good $. Volk also increased his notoriety which helps with sponsorship and future fight purses. Yeah Volk bummed dream did not com thru , tough loss but comes with the territory.

Maybe Islam wanted to get the Volk
Rematch out of the way knowing it was easy work Volk coming off surgery and family vacation.

Personally I feel the rematch was too big of a fight to just have on short notice to save the card.

Volk should have said no Dana I’m recovering from surgery haven’t been training I’m not in shape.

Now Volk going to be out for awhile due to medical suspension.

So the decision to take the cash fight, risk legacy etc when he could have gotten a
rematch down the track when he was ready to go is now gone.

Ehm, there were PLENTY of people saying this was shit because it ruins the rematch because the rematch is only interesting if it's full camp and not no camp + surgery.

Back