Novitzky: USADA has begun ramping up UFC drug testing even more

Why are athletes who get paid a tiny fraction of the NBA/NHL/FIFA athletes tested so much? I bet the tests costs more than they get paid
Because the fighters don't have a union and didn't get a say in this Draconian system. Arthur Jones busted for PEDs and he's only missing 4 games of a 16 game season lol.

Other American pro sports are much smarter than the UFC when it comes to drug testing. They wouldn't even entertain the idea of WADA testing. They know just how much they have to lose.

Novitzky is a nerd. He didn't even know weight cutting was a big part of combat sports. Probably never even watched MMA prior to being hired by the UFC.

Novitzky is corrupt by way of being a fame-seeking lunatic. Failed athlete, turned IRS agent, turned witch-hunter against successful athletes. He will do anything to drag down someone's name and replace it with his own. Including for example illegal seizures, violating the 4th Amendment, i.e. breaking the law while pretending to be on its side:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e-search-steroid-probe-court-article-1.438927

USADA is corrupt because they look the other way on things like Brock not having to be tested for 4 months prior to his fight just because he's Brock, or Floyd being able to use an IV despite being caught using it & not clearing it with anyone, granting him a 'retroactive exemption' (???), just because he's Floyd. But then they will come down like the hammer of God on anyone else and ban them for 2 years, if they so much as rub the wrong kind of ointment on their skin. Or take some minor over the counter supplement from GNC that arguably shouldn't even be on their ill-conceived, nebulous 'banned substances list'.

They are not concerned about the health or safety of anyone, they are witch-hunters.

@dimspace @Peteyandjia
From Petey's source...

Novitzky's search warrant authorized him to collect records of 10 athletes linked to BALCO.

"The spreadsheet did not, however, initially display on the agent's computer screen the results of steroid testing as to the other ballplayers," Kozinski wrote in the ruling. "To see the spreadsheet column containing the results of the tests of the other ballplayers, the agent had to scroll to his right on the spreadsheet, onto another screen. However, once he scrolled to the right, the agent could see not only the testing results for the targeted ten, but also the results for all of the other ballplayers whose results were listed on the spreadsheet."

Oh, the horror!

Novitzky is corrupt by way of being a fame-seeking lunatic. Failed athlete, turned IRS agent, turned witch-hunter against successful athletes. He will do anything to drag down someone's name and replace it with his own. Including for example illegal seizures, violating the 4th Amendment, i.e. breaking the law while pretending to be on its side:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e-search-steroid-probe-court-article-1.438927

USADA is corrupt because they look the other way on things like Brock not having to be tested for 4 months prior to his fight just because he's Brock, or Floyd being able to use an IV despite being caught using it & not clearing it with anyone, granting him a 'retroactive exemption' (???), just because he's Floyd. But then they will come down like the hammer of God on anyone else and ban them for 2 years, if they so much as rub the wrong kind of ointment on their skin. Or take some minor over the counter supplement from GNC that arguably shouldn't even be on their ill-conceived, nebulous 'banned substances list'.

They are not concerned about the health or safety of anyone, they are witch-hunters.
If I could stand and salute this I would. USADA is like any other private company, their only agenda is making money. They care not about cleaning up the sport. Same with Lorenzo and Dana.

They brought in USADA because of bad PR. If they could turn back time they'd change their mind, I guarantee it. I also believe in them being corrupt. Brock and Floyd are the perfect examples.

Floyd paid USADA for their services. So, as you said, despite using an illegal IV wen PacMan couldn't even receive a shot of Toradol, Floyd writes them a check and they issue a retro TUE.

Floyd paid USADA for their services. So, as you said, despite using an illegal IV wen PacMan couldn't even receive a shot of Toradol, Floyd writes them a check and they issue a retro TUE.
130712010219-floydmayweather-071213-single-image-cut.jpg

Oh not relying on the Hauser misinfornation about Mayweather again are we.

Have a read of this

http://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...ection-to-SB-Nation-Article-by-Tom-Hauser.pdf

It item by item covers everything to do with the Mayweather IV and the rest of Hausers peice.

and nobody has been banned for an ointment (Chad is lying)

and its the "prohibited list" not "banned substances list"

USADA is corrupt because they look the other way on things like Brock not having to be tested for 4 months prior to his fight just because he's Brock

This is factually incorrect and not up for debate. The UFC baked in the ability to make an exemption to the 4 month rule.

USADA, for their part, tested the ever loving shit out of Brock and caught him dead to rights. Now another cheater will be cast off from the sport.

Catching cheaters is not a witch hunt, its literally testing your blood and urine for things that should not be there. When there have been mitigating factors (Penn, Means, Romero) they got due process and a completely sane, reasonable short suspension.

Why blatant cheaters get caught, like Tibau being on EPO, its a two year ban.

Where they trying to catch Brock or not? You seem to have contradicting thoughts.

What exactly is confusing to you about that?

USADA is corrupt because they look the other way on things like Brock not having to be tested for 4 months prior to his fight just because he's Brock,

Isn't that on the UFC not USADA.

Oh not relying on the Hauser misinfornation about Mayweather again are we.

Have a read of this

http://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...ection-to-SB-Nation-Article-by-Tom-Hauser.pdf

It item by item covers everything to do with the Mayweather IV and the rest of Hausers peice.

and nobody has been banned for an ointment (Chad is lying)

and its the "prohibited list" not "banned substances list"

LOL gtfo out of here, Jeff.

In your PDF, the USADA denies doing random testing because "we follow a strategic test plan." I mean cmon, when someone says the USADA does random testing, they mean the test dates appear random to the athletes. For the USADA to actually issue a statement that they do not do random testing simply because they follow an internal test schedule that is not made public to the athletes...that's just misdirection based on semantics.

:eek:

Are you kidding me?? FFS man.
Lol wish I was. He mentioned it not long after he was first hired. I'm also quite sure he was wearing a pocket protector at the time of his comments.

Only a few people are actually care, vast majority of the public doesn't give a damn.

Lol go play in traffic
you two are implying people didnt demand a clean sport on these boards? Yes Sherdog represents a small percentage of the ufc fanbase but US sportsfans in general complain about fair competition all the time.

i for one dont give a single f*ck about peds and rather have them ignored like they do in Japan and europe then the mess the ufc is currently in but fact remains that alot of people including influencial ones wanted to clean up this sport.

you two are implying people didnt demand a clean sport on these boards? Yes Sherdog represents a small percentage of the ufc fanbase but US sportsfans in general complain about fair competition all the time.

No they don't. It's a small but vocal minority complaining about it and that's it.

The numbers don't lie -- the most popular US sports have way less strict testing. Show me proof that there is a large number of fans pushing for stricter testing in the NFL and the NBA and then I'll agree with you, until then no.

i for one dont give a single f*ck about peds and rather have them ignored like they do in Japan and europe then the mess the ufc is currently in but fact remains that alot of people including influencial ones wanted to clean up this sport.
I was kidding bud. But yeah I honestly don't think most fans care. The UFC didn't even care. I know for a fact they knew how big of a use issue thy had. But it was in the shadows.

Personally I think USADA was a PR move. Or as @Peteyandjia suggests, a ploy by Lorenzo to seemingly legitimize the sport in the eyes of the public only to profit from his show of "good faith".

Mob gonna mob, capiche?

Wow who knew drug testing would rustle so many jimmies. Guess that's what happens when so many fan favorites were busted for cheating.

Back