Nov.23rd Las Vegas FOX PPV PBC Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz II

I’ll buy it. I hope the undercard is decent. I absolutely love Wilder and Ortiz though. There’s probably about 4 or 5 fighters out there I’d pay PPV prices to watch, and Wilder is definitely one of them. Ortiz is a fun opponent. Guess it helps that I’ve met him a few times as well lol. Hardest thing with me for this fight is I don’t want to see either lose

Not much of any big fights besides Canelo/Kova so Ill get it. It should be exciting even if the rematch isnt intriguing for standings.

Well, sounds like he's fucking Showtime over. Doesn't look too good for him going forward as a "Free Agent" if the only choice he'll have going forward if not wanting to sign with ESPN/DAZN is going to be FOX

EDIT/UPDATE: Turns out Showtime just didn't want to pay what Wilder was thinking it's worth and Fox does. Good deal to him then.

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-vs-ortiz-rematch-official-november-23-mgm-grand--142932

Boxing's longest reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder will take on his most dangerous challenger to date when he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz in the main event of the FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View Saturday, Nov. 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Three-division champion and current WBA Featherweight Champion Leo "El Terremoto" Santa Cruz will seek a title in another division in the co-main event when he takes on Miguel "El Michoacan" Flores for the WBA Super Featherweight Championship as part of the pay-per-view action beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

Boxing's longest reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder will take on his most dangerous challenger to date

Haha, want a crock of shite. Hes already less dangerous than the last time he beat him, last fckin year!

what i think about this fight , is ...wilder has seen his tricks the first time ....so ortiz gig is up ! unless ortiz has another trick up his sleeve .which i doubt . night ,night ortiz

Wilder gonna kick his ass again and I CANT wait. Another highlight KO for THE World Heavyweight Champ.

Wilder gonna kick his ass again and I CANT wait. Another highlight KO for THE World Heavyweight Champ.
Hope he gets cut for fucks sake so Fury can talk shit how it should’ve been stopped too even though he was firmly in control

what i think about this fight , is ...wilder has seen his tricks the first time ....so ortiz gig is up ! unless ortiz has another trick up his sleeve .which i doubt . night ,night ortiz

And it’s exactly why he is fighting him. The problem is we all know this is why the fight is happening. Wilder has taken 1 challenging fight since he was champ, and that was the first Ortiz fight. And Ortiz does not have the name value he had before. No one is avoiding him no matter how much they try and talk it up

I’m looking forward to the fight but it has no relevance to the HW scene at all. Like most of wilders fights

As much as I'd love to see all of the top HW's who aren't fighting each other lose to less heralded opponents for lolz, I can't even be mad at Wilder. Him turning down the $100M deal shows us that the guy is breathtakingly stupid.

And it’s exactly why he is fighting him. The problem is we all know this is why the fight is happening. Wilder has taken 1 challenging fight since he was champ, and that was the first Ortiz fight. And Ortiz does not have the name value he had before. No one is avoiding him no matter how much they try and talk it up
I’m looking forward to the fight but it has no relevance to the HW scene at all. Like most of wilders fights

lol,yes . and i bet wilder was looking at ortiz last fight licking his chops , thinking yeah , i got this easy payday !
he took a page out of mayweather's play book when he fought maidana again .
i do have to admit , ortiz did run his mouth about the doctor coming over and giving wilder more time to recover.
and wilder wants to shut that down ....so still good fight.

Back