Nov.23rd Las Vegas FOX PPV PBC Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz II

This is definitely not a PPV fight and I can't see it doing anything close to respectable numbers

Hope he gets cut for fucks sake so Fury can talk shit how it should’ve been stopped too even though he was firmly in control
Thats not how cut stoppages work though is it....?

As much as I'd love to see all of the top HW's who aren't fighting each other lose to less heralded opponents for lolz, I can't even be mad at Wilder. Him turning down the $100M deal shows us that the guy is breathtakingly stupid.

I think it shows that he was never really interested interested in fighting Joshua.

I can’t figure out if you’re serious when you say stuff like this.

Why would I not be serious?

What did he do to make the fight other than call Joshua out after the Ortiz fight, complain a lot, and then fight other people for less money each and every time. 10s of millions of $ less than the Dazn offer! The guy was apparently holding out for more than the 100m offer from Dazn, but was over the moon when Joshua lost!

What makes people think he ever wanted the fight?

Why would I not be serious?

What did he do to make the fight other than call Joshua out after the Ortiz fight, complain a lot, and then fight other people for less money each and every time. 10s of millions of $ less than the Dazn offer! The guy was apparently holding out for more than the 100m offer from Dazn, but was over the moon when Joshua lost!

What makes people think he ever wanted the fight?

Hum... Okay then, you are serious.

Hum... Okay then, you are serious.

feel free to answer the last bit of my post; what did wilder do to make anyone believe he actually wanted the fight? Plenty of spin from his team and that seem to be about it. Just saying it means fck all tbh unless you actually try to make the fight. he has followed the path of least resistance his whole career, including as a champion. That hasn’t really changed
It was all down to money initially, until he got offered a kings fckin ransom for 2 fights. Then he came up with another excuse, whatever that was?

feel free to answer the last bit of my post; what did wilder do to make anyone believe he actually wanted the fight? Plenty of spin from his team and that seem to be about it. Just saying it means fck all tbh unless you actually try to make the fight. he has followed the path of least resistance his whole career, including as a champion. That hasn’t really changed
It was all down to money initially, until he got offered a kings fckin ransom for 2 fights. Then he came up with another excuse, whatever that was?

I guess I’ll try.

These are professional “fighters” they are prideful fellows, they rarely think they can’t win a fight. It sounds like your saying that Wilder is ducking , fearful , doesn’t think he can win etc. IMO that’s doesn’t make sense given who we are discussing.

I have no idea why he didn’t take the deal w DAZN. He must think or advised ( rightly or wrongly- it appears he/they were wrong) he could make more money elsewhere. To me it’s not rational to think he declined the offer because he was afraid so something along those lines.

What a stupid fucking fight. This is the kind of shit I hate about boxing. He should be fighting Fury or the winner of the Joshua Ruiz rematch.

He's had the WBC strap for 5 years now. It's time for a unification bout. I know the blame doesn't fall solely on him, but it's really frustrating from a fans perspective.

I guess I’ll try.

These are professional “fighters” they are prideful fellows, they rarely think they can’t win a fight. It sounds like your saying that Wilder is ducking , fearful , doesn’t think he can win etc. IMO that’s doesn’t make sense given who we are discussing.

I have no idea why he didn’t take the deal w DAZN. He must think or advised ( rightly or wrongly- it appears he/they were wrong) he could make more money elsewhere. To me it’s not rational to think he declined the offer because he was afraid so something along those lines.

I think him and his team are scared of losing the 0 and the financial implications. That’s why his list of opponents for a 4-5 year champion is embarrassing. They did nothing to make the fight happen other than trying to spin the situation. And they contradicted themselves numerous times with their excuses! If they are going to turn down 100m after constantly complaining of being lowballed, then they don’t want to fight, or at least didn’t!

I’ve no real issue if a champion just wants to defend their belt, but he’s been very vocal on wanting Joshua, wanting undisputed, he’s the man etc. Yet he’s let other people take the harder fights and pick up the belts. He moaned about the flat fee, then fought what he thought was going to be a fat, past it ex champ for less money. Then he turned down 100m, and is rematching a middle aged fighter he already knocked out last year.

I stand by everything I said and he will continue to take the easier fights imo. At least he’ll have to take on a new challenge by May as Whyte should be mandatory.

I think him and his team are scared of losing the 0 and the financial implications. That’s why his list of opponents for a 4-5 year champion is embarrassing. They did nothing to make the fight happen other than trying to spin the situation. And they contradicted themselves numerous times with their excuses! If they are going to turn down 100m after constantly complaining of being lowballed, then they don’t want to fight, or at least didn’t!

I’ve no real issue if a champion just wants to defend their belt, but he’s been very vocal on wanting Joshua, wanting undisputed, he’s the man etc. Yet he’s let other people take the harder fights and pick up the belts. He moaned about the flat fee, then fought what he thought was going to be a fat, past it ex champ for less money. Then he turned down 100m, and is rematching a middle aged fighter he already knocked out last year.

I stand by everything I said and he will continue to take the easier fights imo. At least he’ll have to take on a new challenge by May as Whyte should be mandatory.

Like I said, I don’t think he or his team are afraid of any man in the ring. He see himself as an apex predator. For that matter so does Joshua. I suspect Joshua see the Ruiz fight as an anomaly and will come in thinking like he is the favorite.

Back to the Deal, one could make a fairly compelling argument that he should have taken the 100m from the information we have. The big variable is “the information” we have. We don’t know the particulars of the deal, one would have to have access to the contracts and those are rarely released. So truth be told none of us are actually qualified to give an informed opinion. It’s all speculation based on snippets dropped by negotiating rivals/parties.

Leduan Barthelemy 15-0 vs Eduardo Ramirez 22-2-3

added to the prelims

It's still a decent fight but is fairly pointless. It feels like Wilder is wasting time when he should be moving forward.

Basically this all day.

Wilder just seems like he’s treading water instead of trying to do anything worth while.

not a particular fan of ortiz but i want him to knock wilder out just because this fight is so stupid.

not gonna happen, though. wilder by KO R7.

This is such a Dangerous fight for Wilder , I mean Ortiz had him in serious trouble last time out . If e dominates a rematch like he did with Stiverne it maybe proof that he gets a feel for his opponents and can take advantage, which would make the eventual Fury clash interesting as well.

Back