Law Notorious RBG

Ever consider that she actually ENJOYS her job?
What about her makes you think she wants to sit on her ass and watch TV all day? The woman is constantly working. She is an avid exerciser. People were telling her to retire YEARS ago, before Trump, so this isn't just about him.

Not every old person wants to go quietly die in a corner. My grandfather Is a businessman, has plenty of money, but he still is working in his 80's. The idea of retirement and just sitting on my ass all day as I wait for death sounds like hell.
This woman is doing what she loves.
And as long as she is able to do it, she should.
I agree. But retirement doesn’t mean sitting on your ass all day waiting to die either.

I agree. But retirement doesn’t mean sitting on your ass all day waiting to die either.
It doesn't have to, but most retired people are just sitting on their ass.
When you dont have a job and a schedule, it becomes a lot easier to sit on your ass and a lot harder to get up and do things.
And again, she probably actually ENJOYS her work. Enjoys being outside. Being busy. Being around people. And doing something that has meaning
Not sure why so many act like she's being forced into this. She's a supreme court justice, not a cashier at Walmart

It doesn't have to, but most retired people are just sitting on their ass.
When you dont have a job and a schedule, it becomes a lot easier to sit on your ass and a lot harder to get up and do things.
And again, she probably actually ENJOYS her work. Enjoys being outside. Being busy. Being around people. And doing something that has meaning
Not sure why so many act like she's being forced into this. She's a supreme court justice, not a cashier at Walmart
I guess I am looking at it from my inner country boy. I was raised in a small town and going back to retire in the countryside in 3 years. Back home the old folks are always out doing stuff. My uncle is 75 and never soends a day in the house if he can’t help it. We’re buying a small farm when i retire exactly for that. Spend days outside, stay active, chase the chicken.

The "family values" party is against people getting married and having children. The party of "small government" believes the state should intervene and dictate what people can do in their private lives.

I'd say they just want to be sure we always know what marriage means. And is it really their "private" life if we're mandating classes to teach kids that it's normal?

I guess I am looking at it from my inner country boy. I was raised in a small town and going back to retire in the countryside in 3 years. Back home the old folks are always out doing stuff. My uncle is 75 and never soends a day in the house if he can’t help it. We’re buying a small farm when i retire exactly for that. Spend days outside, stay active, chase the chicken.
I get it. I was raised on a farm myself, and my grandmother did work on the farm practically up until she passed away. So yea, you can definitely stay active without working an actual job.

But there's a shit ton of old people that dont do anything (a lot probably also CAN'T do things due to health)..but that's really like a lot of people.
A lot of people like sitting on their ass and watching TV..regardless of age.

But if you have a job you love, why would you stop doing it if you're still able?
Most people dont have jobs they love. And some people actually love to work.
I'll definitely be working as long as I am mentally and physically able. I enjoy my job, and sitting at home would bore me to death.
One of the best things about work is the interaction with people. When you're old, I imagine that's something you want more of.

I find it repulsive the so called family values party openly roots for her death.

let's be real .. this lady is running on fumes at this point .. she's like 2623464 yrs old .. lived a full ass life .. we all have to go sometime .. if my 100 yr old grandmother(hypthetical) were to die, I'd be sad but that's a 100 yrs she lived

I get it. I was raised on a farm myself, and my grandmother did work on the farm practically up until she passed away. So yea, you can definitely stay active without working an actual job.

But there's a shit ton of old people that dont do anything (a lot probably also CAN'T do things due to health)..but that's really like a lot of people.
A lot of people like sitting on their ass and watching TV..regardless of age.

But if you have a job you love, why would you stop doing it if you're still able?
Most people dont have jobs they love. And some people actually love to work.
I'll definitely be working as long as I am mentally and physically able. I enjoy my job, and sitting at home would bore me to death.
One of the best things about work is the interaction with people. When you're old, I imagine that's something you want more of.
Amen to that. I actually love my job (Air Force) but I’ve been at it for over 31 years now and moving around every few years has taken a toll. I guess that stability will be a good thing. Having a good pension will allow us to take care of the farm without having to depend for it for income.

Think she is gone by end of year? Then the Trump prophecy continues. He will have 5 justice picks. And yes be reelected

If the reports of her lobectomy were true then I would expect she succumbs to the cancer before mid year. Then again, who knows what they have her on. She's not your average patient afterall. They're going to pull out everything they've got.

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

I'd say they just want to be sure we always know what marriage means. And is it really their "private" life if we're mandating classes to teach kids that it's normal?

Which is what? And is it ok or not ok? I don't know what you mean about mandated but in any case, sexual orientation is not a protected class in this country at the federal level though religion is. I see LGB youth (which obviously includes children) that grow up in homophobic households contemplating suicide at over 8x the rate of those who don't.

There isn't much we can do about POS parents who lack morals and humanity, but the least that could be done is demonstrate in some way that they're accepted and there's a place for them in our society? I see people on here every day claiming it's an erosion of it, but guess what? "LGB People" had an enormous, overrepresented role in building this motherfucking civilization. It's honestly surreal you guys can claim you aren't homophobic with a straight face (no pun).

So like, one lesson plan out of an entire school year - and this is in Britain - with innocuous picture books of cartoon drawings with people smiling and holding hands is "indoctrination" to you dudes and you back the Muslims on it yet it's the left in bed with them? And they ARE spastics for that shit. No, religion is indoctrination, someone's sexual orientation is immutable. This is a secular liberal democracy, not a theocracy.

She bowed to Scalia

Her fans have cherry-picked a handful of dissents and superimposed their idol’s rightfully celebrated achievements as a young litigator onto her body of work as a much more cautious Supreme Court justice. “On or off the bench, she has always been steadfast, and when the work is justice, she has every intention to see it to the end,” Notorious RBG, a chirpy millennial-oriented biography with scrapbook pastiche, declares.

This isn’t quite the full story. In a draft of her Bush v. Gore dissent, Ginsburg alluded to possible black-voter suppression in Florida, which sent Justice Scalia into a rage, accusing her of using provocative “Al Sharpton tactics.” In a move that could hardly be described as steadfast, she acquiesced to Scalia and removed the footnote. Ginsburg’s moderation was never exactly a secret. “On the bench, she’s been restrained and nonideological, showing little of the passion that so fueled her earlier work,” wrote Newsweek when she was nominated to the Supreme Court.

As many liberal lawyers and court observers have pointed out, Ginsburg has a mixed record on one of the most pressing and newly understood civil-rights issues of our day: criminal justice. She wrote the majority opinion on McCoy v. Louisiana affirming that the Sixth Amendment guarantees that criminal defendants have the right to maintain their innocence at trial even against their counsel’s advisement.

https://www.thenation.com/article/notorious-rbg-scotus-dissent/

I mean.....she is objectively a better jurist than Scalia. And a much, much better person. But they were good friends and he was the senior justice.

But, yes, she's not as left-wing as her supporters (or detractors) paint her. In reality, both Sotomayor and Breyer are more progressive (and better jurists) than she is.

Gotta ask, where the hell are you finding antisemitism this time?

@NoDak I've wondered the same...

tis-a-joke.jpg

I think that most people on both sides wanted her to retire several year ago. Her health has deteriorated dramatically the past few years, and it's obvious she doesnt much left in the tank. She did her time in public service, left one hell of a legacy. She should be enjoying her few remaining years, not dragging herself through the motions of being on the court. Shes earned her golden years several times over, but I feel that pressure from the left is keeping her in the game far longer than she wants to be.
I wonder if she would have retired already had Garland been voted onto the court? Will also be interesting to see if they hold off on a SC pick until after the elections if she passes in 2020.

Back