Law Notorious RBG

NoDak

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The three-time cancer survivor rises once again.

And @Greoric groans. :p

This was a sobering read from a few back though.

What The Cult Of Ruth Bader Ginsburg Got Wrong

In 1999, she underwent major surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation to treat colon cancer. Ten years later, she was diagnosed with early stage pancreatic cancer, for which she also had surgery. In 2014, she went to the hospital after suffering chest pains during one of her famous workouts and discovered she had a blocked artery— doctors put in a stent. When she fell and broke her ribs [in November 2018], it was for the third time since 2012.

Ginsburg’s turn as an unlikely pop culture heroine has been facilitated by social media, but it could never have happened were cameras allowed in the Supreme Court. If you pay attention to Ginsburg’s public appearances, it’s pretty clear many are carefully stage managed; video of her is tactfully edited.

She’s usually shown sitting graciously in a chair, or linking arms with someone as she walks, as though from affection and not from need. But in the courtroom, away from the cameras, she projects a very different image—the one that probably inspired all those liberal lawyers to her call for her timely retirement seven years ago.

About a week before her latest fall, I sat through a pair of tedious Supreme Court arguments about arbitration, so I got to see the Ginsburg most Americans do not. She was engaged in the arguments, but her speech is increasingly difficult to understand. As has long been the case, people strained to listen when she asked a question—a hot bench went quiet.

When a Supreme Court session adjourns, the public isn’t allowed to depart until all the justices have left the bench. After the arbitration arguments were gaveled to a close, I got up to leave with the rest of the onlookers. But then everyone stopped. All of the justices had left except for Ginsburg, who was having trouble getting out of her chair.

There was an embarrassed silence as members of the press, the bar, and the public tried not to gape as Ginsburg mustered the courage to descend a single step off the bench and finally disappeared behind the red curtain. The contrast between the real-world Ginsburg and the comic-book superheroine of social media was striking.

I hope she retires soon

giphy.gif

Last edited:
She's like a spider that goes belly up and plays possum.

Come back with the tissue and the mother fucker has vanished, only to pop up behind your showerhead.

She bowed to Scalia

Her fans have cherry-picked a handful of dissents and superimposed their idol’s rightfully celebrated achievements as a young litigator onto her body of work as a much more cautious Supreme Court justice. “On or off the bench, she has always been steadfast, and when the work is justice, she has every intention to see it to the end,” Notorious RBG, a chirpy millennial-oriented biography with scrapbook pastiche, declares.

This isn’t quite the full story. In a draft of her Bush v. Gore dissent, Ginsburg alluded to possible black-voter suppression in Florida, which sent Justice Scalia into a rage, accusing her of using provocative “Al Sharpton tactics.” In a move that could hardly be described as steadfast, she acquiesced to Scalia and removed the footnote. Ginsburg’s moderation was never exactly a secret. “On the bench, she’s been restrained and nonideological, showing little of the passion that so fueled her earlier work,” wrote Newsweek when she was nominated to the Supreme Court.

As many liberal lawyers and court observers have pointed out, Ginsburg has a mixed record on one of the most pressing and newly understood civil-rights issues of our day: criminal justice. She wrote the majority opinion on McCoy v. Louisiana affirming that the Sixth Amendment guarantees that criminal defendants have the right to maintain their innocence at trial even against their counsel’s advisement.

https://www.thenation.com/article/notorious-rbg-scotus-dissent/

the Progressives really set themselves up terribly by creating the cult-of-personality propaganda campaign around her. For all the "girl power" stuff, the action figures, coloring books, and major motion picture, they fail to see how much more demoralizing it will be to their base when she eventually leaves this mortal coil

EDIT: I should add, I suspect the reason that the string-pullers behind the scenes chose to do this was that they really want the white woman swing votes to come out 2018/2020

Multiple growths in her lung = likely metastatic cancer, which means a shitty prognosis...whether shes coming back to the court or not. Unless they've got some significant experimental treatment advances they're giving her, she's maxing out with months to live.

Glad she's back to work.

No need to be ghoulish.

Multiple growths in her lung = likely metastatic cancer, which means a shitty prognosis...whether shes coming back to the court or not. Unless they've got some significant experimental treatment advances they're giving her, she's maxing out with months to live.

Only the finest Adrenochrome

Anti-Semites already out in full force ITT.

Think she is gone by end of year? Then the Trump prophecy continues. He will have 5 justice picks. And yes be reelected
That lady sure is tough to kill

God will judge all for supporting immorality. This woman has done a lot of that in the name of "liberalism". All the things the Bible says NOT to do she embraces and wants legalized.

God will judge all for supporting immorality. This woman has done a lot of that in the name of "liberalism". All the things the Bible says NOT to do she embraces and wants legalized.

skype67.gif

She returned to the bench and went right to sleep I'm sure.

I find it repulsive the so called family values party openly roots for her death.

X0UnxwW.gif

“If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

― Sun Tzu

She definitely used the dragonballs to wish for immortality

I think she's prepared to die on the bench as long as Trump is in office. You gotta admire her grit and determination even if you may not agree with her opinions.

Back