Not him again...

LCDforMe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have people at your gym who just can't help themselves but to point something out about your form or what you're doing wrong.

Whenever I see this one guy aproaching me, I just lose all will to live. The other day during a warm up set on the bench, he came over to tell me to put the collars on because it was a rule. I was doing a warmup set of litterally 125 pounds.

I've quit in the middle of a set because I can see him watching me out of the corner of his eye just waiting to piss me off. One day, I'm just going to kick his ass.

Anybody else have a person like this at their gym?

LCDforMe said:
Do any of you guys have people at your gym who just can't help themselves but to point something out about your form or what you're doing wrong.

Whenever I see this one guy aproaching me, I just lose all will to live. The other day during a warm up set on the bench, he came over to tell me to put the collars on because it was a rule. I was doing a warmup set of litterally 125 pounds.

I've quit in the middle of a set because I can see him watching me out of the corner of his eye just waiting to piss me off. One day, I'm just going to kick his ass.

Just put the collars or whatever on no matter what.

And do you train for strength and power?

It kinda gets you into a strange spotlight and I had people coming up to me that I should do high reps and shit and do something I can handle.

I think at some gyms nowdays, it would be impossible to lift for power. The douche bags have a monopoly on fitness today. You should see the YMCA where I live, omfg.

It makes me sad to think that in many places, a gym that plays top 40 hits and has a juice bar is the best gym in town, because it's the only one with a squat rack.

CarnalSalvation said:
It makes me sad to think that in many places, a gym that plays top 40 hits and has a juice bar is the best gym in town, because it's the only one with a squat rack.

yep. Luckily they turned an old highschool into a gym for kids. It has a weight room with everything I need. All I have to do is clean up after the kids who go in there to play with the weights, take out the Nelly CD they have playing, put in some Hatebreed, and start lifting. Usually they leave with the Hatebreed.

and good for scaring inner city kids who don't put their weight back.

Boondocksaint said:
I think at some gyms nowdays, it would be impossible to lift for power. The douche bags have a monopoly on fitness today. You should see the YMCA where I live, omfg.

I work at the local YMCA (also Home depot) and work out there. i don't give a shit what anyone says, i'm doing what i want in the gym. Ya, YMCAs do suck in general, but i work out for free.

What is up with the gay bar music at the gym anyways?

dude, at my town's YMCA, its more like

"Whats with the gym at the gay bar?"

Boondocksaint said:
dude, at my town's YMCA, its more like

"Whats with the gym at the gay bar?"
hahahaha, zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's quite possibly the most annoying experience one can go through. It's like golf. That's why years ago I bought a home gym. There's an old saying, and it goes something like this, "There is nothing so unwelcome as unsolicited advice".

LCDforMe said:

Yea i train primarily at home cause i can't stand the people, music, atomosphere, air quality, bacteria, dude telling me i gotta wipe my sweat off the Bench, nonsupportive atomosphere etc...etc...

Come on LCD, part of being strong is being strong mentally. Stay humble and just tell the guy if i need help i'll call you. I would have not put collars on the bar for sure if he came up and told me to put them on...use that anger to fuel your workout! Don't quit! But don't be confrontational...make him be the aggressor...so if somehting happens its on him.

i hate that guy

Fortunately he doesn't bother me but if he would I would ask him
"wow you know alot. tell me where did you get you BA in Exercise science from? oh you don't have one. well are you certified by the American college of Sports Medicine? no. We'll I am so what do you think your gonna tell me that i already don't know"

Most of these guys are gym rats with no friends who learn everything they know from muscle mags and bodybuilding forums

'thank you for your advice. Now if you would fuck off I have some lifting to do'

I've said that once before and no one comes near me anymore

i usually just growl. people at my old gym, a YMCA, knew better. i was one of them powerlifting types.

considering the main patrons were middle aged ladies and metro H.S. kids, i didnt get too much flak. hell, i even got one of the middle aged ladies deadlifting.

just one more reason to work out in your garage. thats how i roll. only thing i gotta worry about is the little kids looking under my garage door that i put slightly up to get some light in there...

Or while he's talking to you just yell
"no I won't go out with you"

Just tell him to mind his own fucking business. You only need to say it once, and he'll leave you alone. Bonus points for embarassing him in front of his friends.

Lusst said:
Just tell him to mind his own fucking business. You only need to say it once, and he'll leave you alone. Bonus points for embarassing him in front of his friends.

thats a good one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greshmedic
Back